Carlos' Birth Story 4/7/09

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 27th, 2009, 06:24 PM
mdavila's Avatar Super Mommy
Finally...three weeks later I am getting around to posting my birth story. Life has been great in the past three weeks, I am a bit sleep deprived and trying to make sure I divide my time up between all three of my kids even though the baby takes most of my attention, but day by day things are getting back to normal around my house.

So...it began Monday, April 6th. I was 39weeks and so done with being pregnant. Around 9pm, DH and I decided to DTD - partly for fun and partly to help things move along with my cervix. Well, we didn't expect anything to happen because we had so many false contractions in the past few weeks. Well...shortly after 10pm, I started getting pretty sharp contractions, within 10 minutes they coming every 2 minutes but only lasting about 20 seconds each, they were strong but tolerable because they weren't lasting long. So I told DH that it was time! We called my parents and they came over to watch the girls. My dad stayed with them and my came with us to the hospital. We got there about 30 minutes later and the contractions were still 2 min. apart. I got checked in and they checked my cervix and I was only dilated to 3. They said they usually don't admit people who are only 3cm, but since my contractions were every 2 min. and this was my 3rd baby, they knew for sure I was in labor. I got so lucky going into labor the night that I did, there was only 1 other women in labor at the same time as me so I had everyone at my fingertips, the nurses, the doctors, it was great. Also, because it was a slow night for them, they offered me my epi right away, so I arrived at the hospital at 11:30 and had my epi in place by 1am! I keep telling people that I don't even feel like I went through labor cause I was only in serious pain for about an hour! So after the epi, I felt great and by that time my mom, my grandma, my sister and my best friend were there, and DH of course. Around 4am, I asked the doctor if she was going to check me and she said she would but that she didn't think I had progressed much cause I was only 3cm when I got there. Well, she checked and I was complete! So she broke my water and as soon as she did that I felt the baby slip down and I was ready to push! I could feel him pretty much coming out on his own. So the doctors and nurses hurried and got ready and within 3 pushes baby Carlos came out! He was 7lb 3oz, 19 inches long and just perfect! I spent only one extra night in the hospital and was home by Wed. afternoon. He has been breastfeeding like a champ since birth. The first week we got absolutely no sleep at night but now he is much more settled into a routine and only wakes up about every 3 hours to nurse and then goes back to sleep.

So here he is.....

Carlos (4/7/09)

April 28th, 2009, 12:43 AM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
What a beautiful photo.
What a nice easy birth it sounds like, gotta love it when it works out like that! Congrats! I had wondered about your story for a bit actually!

April 30th, 2009, 03:59 PM
*becky*'s Avatar Mommy to Bailey & Camryn
Awww congrats - I love all his hair!

June 11th, 2009, 09:06 AM
LaUrArOo's Avatar Veteran
awww mindy he is so cute!!!! yay for the Carlos'..... lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search