Presley Claire's Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 28th, 2009, 10:26 AM
MayBTheresHope's Avatar MayBTheresHope
Well, I know this is long overdue, but it was a tough week. I'm learning how to juggle life and a newborn, so bare with me...lol!

Well, I went to the hospital last night about 8:00 and got all settled in...the IV didn't go well. I have small veins and it took 20 minutes and by the time it was over, I was in a trance and felt like I was going to pass out. They ripened my cervix and gave me an ambien and some pain meds in an IV since I started having more painful contractions on and off all day. I woke up at 2am and asked for another dose of the IV stuff (the nurse had to do a cervical exam in order for me to get more. I was still 3 cm at that point).

About 30 min after that, I got up (very drugged) to go use the bathroom and my water broke. I thought I was going to die from the contractions after that. They checked me again and I was already 7 cm dilated. I kept falling asleep from the contractions and waking up in agony…no point in taking that breathing class…lol. Within the hour, I had my epidural and I was never so happy in my life. I fell back to sleep pain free. I awoke again in the early morning when they started with the Pitocin and when they checked me again, and I was 9 cm dilated. Again, I kept falling asleep during all of this.

The next thing I knew it was after noon and Doc B was getting worried b/c I was swelling and not progressing above 9 cm. He told the nurser to turn off the Pitocin and wait to see if that would help. Sure enough, 30 min later, the swelling was down, I was 10 cm and they were telling me to push. I was joking around with Doc B during pushing and then would fall asleep and he’d have to wake me up and tell me I needed to push again. I pushed 12 times and she was out. She ripped a blood vessel and scraped up the walls of my vagina on her way out (holding on for dear life). Also, I had a 3rd degree perennial tear. I had a feeling that would happen, despite all of the stuff I tried to do to prevent it. I bleed during sex sometimes, so I figured that a baby would do some pretty major damage. But I didn’t feel any of it until after the drugs wore off. Ha!

Presley Claire Cash was born at 2:35 pm on Friday, April 17th, 2009. She weighed 7 lbs. 5 oz. and was 20.5“ long (so much for a small baby). She is our precious baby girl and I think she is a perfect mix of Preston and me. Preston was great during labor and delivery, and didn’t pass out or anything! I ended up with more issues after that with my blood iron, internal hemorrhoids that went undiagnosed for a week (I was on Percocet for the pain of what they thought was the perennial tear. Turns out it was the hemorrhoids). The Percocet made me constipated and it all turned into one nasty viscous cycle (I will spare you the gory details).

At any rate, here are some pics of Presley. Her name fits her perfectly and I’m glad we stuck to our guns with Presley. She is laid back and sweet, despite her recent fussiness. Right now she is swinging in her travel swing with her eyes in little slits listening to GMAC Country Music Television. I’m prepping her for her career in country music. Ha!

Thank you Mama Trish for my fabulous siggies!
April 30th, 2009, 03:00 PM
*becky*'s Avatar Mommy to Bailey & Camryn
Congrats hon!!!! I have small veins too and always have to argue with the nurses because they don't believe me.

I'm glad Presley is here safe and sound!!

May 1st, 2009, 04:41 PM
LadyBugMommyof1's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay Sandy!!! I am so glad Presley is here safely! It sounds like they did a good job controlling your pain for the most part! Congrats!!!
May 4th, 2009, 05:22 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Ouch sounds like the epi was a really good decision with all that stuff that happened to your insides...gah...shudders...congrats, glad you were able to rest for a lot of the labor!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search