Richard James' (RJ) Birth Story (pic heavy!!)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 11th, 2009, 05:11 AM
mama_reese's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Most of you know I was a week overdue and kept getting sent to the hospital, then home because they were too busy to induce me. Finally on Wednesday the 6th I went in at 4 pm. They had a room and started cervidil at about 7 pm. They told me that it was a very slim chance that that alone would send me into labor, since I was barely 1 cm dialated and my cervix was still very thick. It seemed to start doing it's job immediately, I got very crampy and uncomfortable. It got worse and worse as the night went on. Around 10 pm they came and gave me a small shot of morphine so that I could sleep and rest of for the next day when they would do pitocin to start labor. It made me very drousy and loopy but I was in so much discomfort I couldn't sleep...I would drift off and then wake up and have to pull my legs up under my butt while laying down and rock my knees from side to side and do relaxation breathing (only thing that helped!) Finally at 4 am I called the nurse and said I was in extreme discomfort, and thought I was in labor and progressing quickly. She came in and checked me and I was almost 4 cm dialated! I was having pretty constant contractions so I got into the shower and let it run over my back and leaned down and rocked in circles for about 40 minutes. Then the on call Dr got there and broke my water (He was at home sleeping, he thought he was getting the night off cause nothing was going to happen with me!) and boy, did I have alot of fluid. It was like a flood all over the place! At this point I was about 6 cm. I was so tired from not being able to sleep and being up all night I knew by the time it came to pushing I would have zip energy left, so I talked to the nurse and decided an epidural was the best choice. BOY oh boy was I glad, too. I got it at 6 am I slept for about 2 and 1/2 hours. I loved the epi because I could feel everything and roll over, I just had no pain from the contractions. I wasn't going very fast and was stopped at 7 cm so they gave me some pitocin. I progressed really fast after that. They had me get on my hands and knees on the bed with my butt in the air (quite flattering, I'm sure....there were two med students and a nursing student who got more of a show than they expected ) And I could feel his head dropping and coming so fast, the pressure was insane! I think at this point I couldn't feel the epi at all. By this time my OB was the Dr on call so they called him from his office to come. He got there just intime before I felt the need to push...he was getting coffee, and they had to go find him. So I got onto my back and my legs in the holder things and keith held my hand, 4 people held my legs and I pushed for about 15-20 minutes and then Richard James came into the world at 11:05 am, on Thursday, May 7th. He was 9 lbs, 1 oz and 21 inches long. he has the longest fingers and toes! As soon as he was born, my Dr put him on my chest and he barely cried, just fussed. I started talking to him and he turned his head and just stared at me...I think he recognized his momma's voice. I had a 2nd degree tear, and got some stitches, but it wasn't bad at all. My OB was amazing and helped me so much. I'm healing really well so far and only needed some motrin the first night and the next morning. Keith was absolutely amazing and helped me so much with everything...he's an amazing daddy.

Here's some pics of him :

Just seconds old...

May 11th, 2009, 06:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
He's beautiful! Congratulations again!

May 11th, 2009, 06:28 AM
*becky*'s Avatar Mommy to Bailey & Camryn
Oh congrats hon, what a great story!! I'm glad RJ is here safe and sound, he's such a cutie!

May 11th, 2009, 07:34 AM
MrsEmmons's Avatar Super Mommy
He is adorable! Congrats

May 11th, 2009, 07:34 AM
MrsEmmons's Avatar Super Mommy
He is adorable! Congrats

May 11th, 2009, 09:58 AM
MayBTheresHope's Avatar MayBTheresHope
So cute! Congrats!!!

Thank you Mama Trish for my fabulous siggies!
May 11th, 2009, 02:00 PM
estherm's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations

Thank you Jaidensmum!

May 12th, 2009, 09:43 AM
IAmMomMomIAm
He's beautiful, congrats! I'm glad the labor went well for you (as well as labor goes, of course).

Aleve can help a lot with the pain from the stiches - for me it brought down the swelling and made sitting on the couch or chair or anywhere but a donut a lot easier.
June 4th, 2009, 08:45 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
It's always nice to get rest in labor, congrats! Wonderful pics

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search