Cecil Evan's Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 2nd, 2009, 08:37 AM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The Actual birth of Cecil is a pretty short story, really. The labor was quick, the delivery was quick, and it all seemed to happen before I could totally grasp the fact the Cecil was coming that day.

It all started at 4:30am. Our dog Gracie woke me up by begging to go outside. I didn't feel up to taking her out, so I woke DH, and he took her. While they were outside, I got up to go to the bathroom. As i headed back to bed, my water suddenly broke. It was REALLY unexpected, so much so that I about had myself convinced that it was pee, not my water breaking. When DH got back inside, I told him that I thought my water had just broke...well that caught him off guard too, and he asked me if I was sure. I told him that it was a gush like none I've ever felt before, but I still wasn't 100% sure. We decided to go downstairs and wait to see if it would happen again. Sure enough, a few minutes later another gush, then another. It seemed to happen whenever I shifted positions.

We decided that it was time to call the Dr. We put the call in and waited for the Dr. to call us back. When I finally was able to talk to him, I told him I thought my water had broke and that I was about 35-36 weeks along. He then started to tell me that when a pregnant woman finally drops, sometimes there is a release of pee that is uncontrollable and that what I was experiencing is pee, not my water. Well, that kind of made me mad, and I asked if that experience can happen more than once, because I have had several gushes of liquid come out, not just a onetime occurrence. He then snapped into gear and told me to come on in.

I jumped in the shower, and DH decided to take some time to freak-out. He started getting sick and puked about 6 timesWe both finally got it together, got our bags packed and headed out the door.

When my water had broken, I had no contractions, but by the time we got to the car, my contractions were strong, and about 3-4 minutes apart. We had about a 45 minute drive to the hospital, and although it was pretty uncomfortable, the 45 minutes seemed to go by fast, and we arrived about 3 hours after my water first broke, at 7:30am.

After we got checked into the hospital, I was checked, and VERY surprised to learn that I was high and closed!! I thought for SURE that I was dilated some!! So we made the decision to start me on pitosin right away even though I was trying for a natural birth. I REALLY didn't want a C-Section, and I knew I was on the clock since my water had broken.

Well, after the pitocin, the rest of labor is pretty much a blur. I was able to control most the pain by trying to relax my body and concentrating on breathing as normally as possible. I did end-up accepting 2 doses of Statal though, which really made me sleepy more than anything else.

At about 12:45 though, I was in ALOT of pain, and I thought that I for sure would be in labor for quite some time yet since when they checked me at 8am I was high and closed, so I broke down and asked for an epi. The dr came into check me a few minutes later though, and told me it was too late, and that I was at a 9 - and then suddenly I felt a HUGE urge to push.

The pushing did not hurt at all...I was REALLY surprised. It was more pressure than anything else. I pushed for a 1/2 hour, and Cecil was born. Travis wasn't allowed to cut the cord, and I couldn't hold him since he was a preemie. I did get to touch his hand and kiss his cheek and tell him how much I loved him before they whisked him away to the NICU though.

was stuck with an IV. On the 3rd day, he was moved to my room, and It was great being able to hold him as much as I wanted. The 4th day though, his bilirubin shot way up and he ended-up being put under the lights for the next 4 days, but thankfully we were able to go home on Thursday May 7th. We used a bili blanket at home but was able to go off that on Saturday the 9th.

His birth was absolutely amazing, and he truly is our gift from god. Cecil's birth date has a very significant meaning for us. He was born 1 year exactly from the day we buried our twin boys Isaac and Avery. May 1 of last year was the last time we got to hold our sons, and May 1 of this year was the first day we got to hold our newest son. It was as if God had decided that we had suffered enough, and that he wanted to replace one of the hardest days of our lives, with one of the best days of our lives.

I LOVE being a Mommy to Cecil. My life has taken on a whole new purpose, and every minute I get to spend with our little man is such a treasure.

Thank you all for being so supportive during my loss and this pregnancy. Without all of you to lean on for support, and hearing your inspiring stories and knowing that we are all going through the same struggles, I don't think that I would have been able to enjoy my pregnancy with Cecil as much as I did. You are all amazing, strong, caring women, and I can't wait to hear all of your birth stories, and watch your babies grow. I love you all!!

Cecil's First Day!!:

Cecil at 3 weeks

June 2nd, 2009, 09:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats. He's so very cute. Sounds like a good birth

June 2nd, 2009, 10:53 AM
amberrose22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to amberrose22 Send a message via Yahoo to amberrose22
great story sam, tfs!!
June 2nd, 2009, 03:07 PM
*Mommy Of 3*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations momma

Mommy too:
DD#1- 4 Years old, DD#2- 3 Years old, DS- June 2009

June 2nd, 2009, 04:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats to you. He is such a sweet little guy

June 3rd, 2009, 03:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
What a great story!!! Congratulations!!!

Stella Rae - May 22, 2009, 7lb 3oz, 20in and 4 weeks early!!!

June 3rd, 2009, 05:17 PM
mrsnally's Avatar Veteran
congrats! hesa beautiful
June 3rd, 2009, 05:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
congrats great story

June 3rd, 2009, 07:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
What a beautiful story. God has blessed you, indeed!

[/url][url="http://lilypie.com"]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search