*updated with pics* Catherine Anastasia (Caitie) is here!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 3rd, 2009, 09:02 PM
DawnN's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I went in for my NST this morning with what I thought were just some bh contrax.They were so regular (2-3 min. apart) that they sent me to labor and delivery.

When I got there, they were still just tightening pressure, not really painful. However, my bp was ridiculously high and was not going down between contrax.

They gave me some IV fluids, continued monitoring me. The contrax started becoming painful and continued around 2 minutes apart. They did decide to try and stop contrax and get my bp down (instead of just delivering like they said they would past 34 weeks), but they could not do either.

I heard one of the nurses tell another one that my doctor decided to do the c-section today because there was some variables (in regards to her heart rate). Scared me to death that one minute they would say they were going to try to stop labor and the next that I'd be delivering right away.

So .... Miss Caitie was born by repeat c-section at 5:42 pm. She was breach, but also a bit transverse.

Even at 34 weeks, she weighed more than Ben did at 35 weeks and 6 days. She is 6 lbs. 2 oz. and 18 inches long. She looks like a mixture of Ben and Sarah. She's as cute as a button...a little chunky thing. She has my big lips. lol Not much hair on her head, just a little darker colored in Caesar-like style, which will probably fall out.

Her apgars were 3 and 9 as she had a problems at first breathing. I later found out that she was not breathing and had RDS (Respiratory Distress). She had to be give oxygen right away to breathe.

All babies born this early are immediately brought to NICU for observation where there's a minimum 48 hours stay. She is having a little problems with breathing. They haver her on CyPap (had been on CPap, but it wasn't quite enough). They said if she stabilizes where she doesn't need the small bit of oxygen that they're giving her, she could possibly go home with me. So please pray that she does start breathing without problems on her own.

Dh took some pictures and will be attempting to put them on our home computer tonight. I usually do that, but he had to leave the hospital to get our kids from the sitter's. My mom and dad "should" be here by late tomorrow night.

I am currently on a hospital laptop. Healing well....probably in here until Saturday. Other than being a sweaty mess and itchy all over from the meds., I am doing well and in shock that I've already given birth to Caitie. I still don't think it's sunk in yet. lol I will post pictures as soon as I can.

ETA: PICTURES!!!

Mama the night before

Proud papa

Introducing Miss Caitie

(needing a little air)

Cute toesies

In the NICU

Last edited by DawnN; July 10th, 2009 at 06:00 AM. Reason: adding more birth info
June 3rd, 2009, 09:10 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nvr.4.gtn
wow girl, look at you after having major surgery and now posting your birth story!!!!!

Congrats to you and hubby and the kdis of course, prayers for you to heal quickly and lots of prayers for Caitie that she breathes well and on her own soon and is able to go home withyou on Saturday!

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

June 3rd, 2009, 09:21 PM
~LaurenNoel~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Prayers for you and Caitie! Hopefully you can take her home soon. I am just so excited for you! I don't think I will sleep now, lol.

................ ...

Wesley (7.16.09) Severe GERD, FTT, Gastroparesis, Sensory Processing issues, Tube fed, (G tube currently), suspected Mitochondrial Disease, trialing Gastric Stimulator. Nissen Fundoplication 7/2012
Ruby (2.16.11)
Nissen Fundoplication and Hiatal hernia repair 10/25/11
June 3rd, 2009, 09:40 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to tracengrace Send a message via Yahoo to tracengrace

Look at you, what a trooper!!! I will keep her in my prayers, and also your recovery. Can't wait to see pics
June 3rd, 2009, 09:49 PM
AutumnLove's Avatar Autumn & Carleigh's mommy
Congrats! Thats a good size little one for 34 weeks! I pray she gets to breathing on her own really quickly and that you get to go visit her soon!!

..... ..
June 3rd, 2009, 09:50 PM
Gee Gee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats again Dawn!

June 3rd, 2009, 10:02 PM
Platinum Supermommy
awwee!!! CONGRATS Dawn!! I'm so glad she is a good size, I hope you both do wonderfully over the next few days..you and little Caitie will be in my thought's and prayers for a quick recovery and her breathing well and on her own!! Can't wait to see pics

June 3rd, 2009, 10:07 PM
soImarriedAnerd's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
She knew she was coming early---NICE weight! And thats wonderful she only needs a C-pap and No vent!!!! Keeping you all and your medical staff in my T&Ps!
Congrats again!
June 3rd, 2009, 11:11 PM
Mel531's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
WOW! congrats Dawn (and family)!! So glad to hear you are both doing well and that LO is such a good size, wonderful news! Heres hoping for a very speedy recovery and trip home for both you and Caitie!
Seth 7-6-98, and Joel 7-13-09

June 3rd, 2009, 11:44 PM
Sweetie Karen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
She is a trooper already and so is her Mommy, not many people could be so together so soon after a c-section I don't think!

I hope your getting lots of rest and Miss Caitie is breathing without the extra o2 very soon. Congrats again to the whole family!
June 4th, 2009, 12:58 AM
amyhk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations Dawn and family!

June 4th, 2009, 12:58 AM
DawnN's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
bumped for added pictures

June 4th, 2009, 02:40 AM
Oriyan's Avatar Platinum Superdupermommy
Congrats!!!
DS2: Lucas "Luca"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IVF #1: October 2008
July 22, 2009: Johnathan Jarrett is born! 10:41 am, 7lbs, 12oz, 21.5 inches

FET #2: March 2013 (Medicated cycle)
November 25, 2013: Lucas Ryan is born! 8:46 pm, 8lbs, 8oz, 20 inches (No epidural!)
June 4th, 2009, 04:19 AM
roon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats, Dawn! What great pictures!

June 4th, 2009, 05:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats again Good pictures!!!!

June 4th, 2009, 06:46 AM
*1Boy1Girl*
Congrats, hun. Welcome to the world baby Caitie!!
June 4th, 2009, 07:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to sharitamiles
Congrats on your little one.

Thanks *Sharon* for my beautiful siggy.

Jarrett and Sharita married June 28, 2004

June 4th, 2009, 07:25 AM
fairy9800's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to fairy9800
Congrats sweetie!!! She is adorable!!!

June 4th, 2009, 08:19 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations to you and your family, Dawn!!! I'm praying that Caitie gets to go home at the same time you do!

Mom to 4 beautiful kids! 3 on Earth and 1 in heaven. Our little girl, Matilda Hope had Down Syndrome. She was born with TMD, a disease that is like leukemia. She fought that and beat it. Then, she had liver failure. She beat that, too. On October 17, 2014 she had NEC, necrotizing enterocolitis. My baby went to Heaven on October 19, 2014. She lived exactly one month.
June 4th, 2009, 08:49 AM
Jade27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations, she is beautiful. Hope you are feeling well.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search