We didnt make it

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 4th, 2009, 05:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Tinky
To Our June due date or the Hospital.
EDD: June 4, 2009
BD: May 31, 2009
Saturday May 30, I was having contractions. They were uncomfortable at times, and ranged from between 4-10 minutes. I was also losing chunks of my plug. I didnt think anything of it because I had been losing pieces all week and I didnt have any bloody show yet. (I know it doesnt always mean anything) I know that I could work through the contractions. I was able to clean and do what needed doing, only now and again having to stop. I was trying to prepeare for my mothers arival on Monday morning. Still, at the advice/insistance of my friends I called Labor and delivery. The on call told me to drink water and lay on my side. If they stopped, it wasnt real labor. SO I did, and they did. If I was up, even sitting I would have them. When I lay on my side, they stopped. I went about my day and went to bed.
Sunday morning. 330ish AM. I wake up and have to pee. I feel 'different' but I cant say why. There was a small piece of bloody plug in the toilet. I went back to bed. A minute later, strong hard contraction. I have to go again. I get up and cant. I wake Joe and tell him I think I may be in labor. he says tell me what you want to do. I say IM going to take a shower, and see if it helps. Wait until I get out. I get in and they are coming three minutes apart, and Im having to hold onto the wall when they come. I get out and tell joe to get dressed and call the neighbor. She was up already and came straight away. I keep going in the bathroom feeling like I have to pee. The contractions are still 3 minutes apart. We leave. Joe says something about the windows, honestly I dont really even know what and I snap at him to just drive the **** car. Its at least a 40 min drive to the hospital, on a day like now with no cars on the road. I tell Joe Im a little scared and he asked why. Because Labor hurts I say. he tells me not to worry it will be fine. We are driving. They are coming 2 minutes apart now. It has only been about 15 minutes, we are still in the country and I feel like I want to push, but not badly. He asks if he should call 911. I say no just drive. A couple minutes later I tell him Im feeling like I have to push harder now, again he asks if he should call and I say no, go to the civilian hospital instead of base.. Its closer and Im thinking we can make it. All of the sudden out of the blue, there is no stopping the push urge, Alexavier is coming on his own. Joe starts honking at the few cars that he sees, and yelling at me dont push baby please dont push, what do I do, what do I do! I tell him help me. He pulls over, tries to get my cell out of my purse and calls 911. They are trying to get his name and address etc and he yells at the them (explicit languauge) as hes running around to my side of the car. I pull my pants off and Alexaviers head is already out. One more push and Joe catches him by one leg before he falls to the floor. I grab him from joe and put him to my chest, and try to cover him with my bloody pants. he has grass on his head. Joe is yelling at the 911 dispatcher. Shes still trying to get information and hes trying to explain the baby is out what does he do. A few minutes later, two police cars pull up behind us and run to help. Joe has taken his shoelace off and tied off the cord. The officers find a blanket in the diaper bag and try to keep Alexavier warm until the paramedics arrive. Joe is off to the side trying not to vomit. EMS arrives and the baby is still attached, so they lift us both up onto the stretcher and into the ambulance. ALexavier is breathing but blue, has soft cries. They are trying to give him oxegyn and get us off to the hospital. They decide they dont want to risk the longer drive to base because of the babys coloring so we will go to the civilian hospital. They call another unit so they can have the 2 workers in the back with us, and they want a driver. The placenta is delivered in route. When we get to the hospital, Joe is waiting. he and Alexavier go to the nursery and I get taken to Labor and delivery. IVs are started and the doc comes in to check on me. Alexavier is under the lights and has been cleaned off. Hes 8 pounds 9 ounces and 21 1/2 inches long. Doc says I have to get a second degree tear stitched up. Joe comes to me then. He looks ready to vomit again at the sewing process. he leaves the room when doc says she has to check the uterus and reaches inthere with what feels like a street sign post! :shock: They dont bring Alexavier to me until 3 hours later. Im anxious to see him, I want to make sure hes all right so I keep sending Joe to check on him. They tell me there is meconium all over my legs so they have done a vigourous suctioning on Alex and hes got snorts when he breathes. So thats our birth story. Alexavier is home with is and doing well. Adored by many.

Robert 17,
Heaven-Leigh 15
(TL 1.11.98)
(TR 10.26.06)
Raymond 5
Alexavier 3
Stoney 2
Korbyn 28 week miracle 5/17/13
June 4th, 2009, 05:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow...what an amazing story. I'm glad everyone is o.k. and your LO is doing good! Congrats!

June 4th, 2009, 07:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Holy crap! Well done for delivering under crazy circumstances. Thats an amazing story!

June 4th, 2009, 07:55 AM
mellyburt's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
what a story! congrats! id love to see a picture of this baby!

Thank you so much for the gorgeous siggie, sara aka misfitinmn!
June 4th, 2009, 08:19 AM
*Mommy Of 3*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh my goodness, what a story! Congratulations!!

Mommy too:
DD#1- 4 Years old, DD#2- 3 Years old, DS- June 2009

June 4th, 2009, 08:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
HOLY COW!!! What a birth story!!! Congratulations!!

Stella Rae - May 22, 2009, 7lb 3oz, 20in and 4 weeks early!!!

June 4th, 2009, 09:00 AM
elishiamarie's Avatar Veteran
OMG! Congrats hun, can't wait to see pics

June 4th, 2009, 10:00 AM
MJTKNT's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's quite a birth story!! Makes you glad to live in an area with a decent EMS service, huh? Can't wait to see pictures!

June 4th, 2009, 12:34 PM
Mommy4x4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mommy4x4
Holy crap, that is insane. Congrats!!

My family is going an entire YEAR in 2011 without fast food. Join us on our journey at our blog or on the Facebook fan page for The 365-Day Challenge!!!

June 4th, 2009, 12:39 PM
KaylaMeow's Avatar Canned Spontaneity
Send a message via MSN to KaylaMeow Send a message via Yahoo to KaylaMeow
Wow! That is totally crazy! What an amazing story! You should definitely write that one down in the baby book! Congratulations!
June 4th, 2009, 12:52 PM
Pinkee~'s Avatar All girl momma!
Wow and holy crap and just yeah! I had my hands to the side of my face (almost Home Alone style, but without the scream ) the entire time I was reading that! Quite the story. Congrats to you! Is this baby #1?

June 4th, 2009, 01:17 PM
SummerBabies11's Avatar Mega Super Duper Mommy
oh. my. gosh. What a story!!

June 4th, 2009, 01:42 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Just popping in from August DDc. All i can say is Holy Crap.... Sounds like your Dh did a great job..... and you of course too...
June 4th, 2009, 02:36 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to mommyand3
Popping in from the AUgust DDC...that's nuts! Congrats on your baby boy!
June 4th, 2009, 02:59 PM
Devan'sMama's Avatar ♥Devan's Mama♥
Also here from the August DDC. Wow! What an intense story. I'm so glad that everyone is okay though. Whew! I did chuckle a little when you said that your SO threw up after the birth. I can totally picture mine doing the same. lol

Was this your first baby??
June 4th, 2009, 05:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
man i feel like i was watching a movie that would have scared the s**t out of me. You and hubby are brave. Well i am glad you have a healthy baby and you guys are home doing good!! Congrats
June 4th, 2009, 06:21 PM
hotjai21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to hotjai21
august ddc member here too--- HOLY COW!! Your seriously writing my bigest fear! Im glad everything is okay and that you and your hubby were able to handle things! Thats a story to tell for generations!

June 5th, 2009, 07:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Tinky
thank you. im amazed at joe myself. alex is my 4th, and my third with an under 2 hour labor. maybe they will take that into consideration if we have another.

Robert 17,
Heaven-Leigh 15
(TL 1.11.98)
(TR 10.26.06)
Raymond 5
Alexavier 3
Stoney 2
Korbyn 28 week miracle 5/17/13
June 5th, 2009, 08:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh my goodness, that is just amazing!!!! You go, girl!! Congrats on your healthy little boy.

[/url][url="http://lilypie.com"]

June 5th, 2009, 08:43 PM
~Kate T~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to ~Kate T~
WOW...just WOW. I also fear not making it to the hospital as I went from 4+cm to baby coming out in 20 minutes last time! When did your water break?

IT'S A BOY! OLIVER DEAN WAS BORN ON JUNE 12TH (38w5d) 7lbs 9oz & 20.5"

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search