Kylie Renee's Birth Story - LONG

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 5th, 2009, 07:46 PM
*~*Lindsey*~*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to *~*Lindsey*~* Send a message via Yahoo to *~*Lindsey*~*
Sorry I am just now getting to this, I tried doing this in the hospital, but it just wasn't do-able, so here I am going to attempt this now, 4 days later. Kody went with my parents up north for the weekend, and Kylie has about 1 hour until she eats, so I will attempt to do this now. Anywho.

I was out of it for a lot of it as I was so tired, so bare with me, I'm doing this from what I remember, and what I mean by that is as far as cervix checks go and how far I was dilated etc.

Okay, so Sunday 5-31-09, we went into the hospital, at 6:30pm, got registered and got to our birthing room. I got my IV's started and got some fluids thru IV. The first attempt with the IV, she missed, and continued to move it around to "try" to get it in my vein, I told her that my veins like to play nasty but apparently she didn't care. So yeah, she missed. So she had to go to my other arm (my right arm) and attempt, she couldn't find a good vein, finally she found one she thought was good, and put it in, ended up making my blood just gush EVERYWHERE! It was horrible. But she got it in. The resident OB came in and checked my cervix, and I was dilated to 1 1/2 and 70% effaced already. She then inserted the cervadil gel and we went on with our night. My BP was high it was like 160/90 or whatever. I ended up getting contractions thru the night, but nothing unberable. Chris was sound asleep on his "bed", which by the way was MUCH MORE comfy than my hospital bed, while I was having contractions and couldn't sleep ALL night long, yes, I didn't sleep that whole night. I felt like throwing "ice turds" at him, yes, my diet consisted of ice "turds" and dum dum suckers, and my ice did look like turds.

Monday, 6-1-09. The resident came in at about 6:30am and pulled out my cervadil gel, checked me again and I was 2 1/2cm dilated and still 70% effaced, and I believe a -3 station. They took me off all monitors, all I had connected to me was my friend/dancing partner, the IV pole with fluids. So I got up walked around, went to the bathroom for pretty much the last time, sat with Chris on his comfy bed, then he went and got breakfast for himself. He was hungry. At about 7:00am, they came in and hooked up my pitocen and started me on that. At about 8:30am, MY OB doc came in to check me and see how I was doing, and I was I believe 3cm and about 80% effaced & -2 station, he broke my water. Kept on contracting and all that good stuff. My doc ordered an epidural for me becasue at that point I really wanted one. I know call me wimp. So he ordered it. Finally got it when I was about a 4. It hurt, I don't remember it hurting when I had Kody. But it hurt. I got checked again and I was a 5, got checked again and I was a 7 or 8, I got this suddon urge to poop then got checked again and I was a 9 and in A LOT of pain. I felt every bit of it, why you may ask, because my epidural stopped working, they came in to give me more, they gave me more, but that didn't work either. So yay for a natural birth. Didn't work worth a darn. It sucked, it hurt like h***. I hard pushed for 3 hours, yes 3 hours, my doc kept coming in and doing something to my region while I was contracting & pushing, that someone said was supposed to help open me more and quicker to get her out. Everytime I contracted Kylie's heartbeat would drop to like around 80ish. And I found out on Tuesday, that when she came out, her cord was wrapped around her neck. Noone knew besides the docs and nurses. Finally my doc said IT's time to have this baby. So wa la, thats what I did. He had me pushing, ended up needing the vacuume to suction her out. It hurt like crap. I ended up tearing and getting an episotomy.

Miss Kylie Renee was born on Monday June 1st @ 3:06pm, weighing 7lbs 15.2oz, 20 3/4in long. Shes a peach. I love her to pieces.

I left the hospital, and was diagnosed anemic. Wahoo. NOT!

I tried nursing at the hospital, she ended up bruising and blistering my left boob, and ended up cracking and making my right boob bleed. I saw a LC on Tuesday and Wednesday. They ended up giving me a nipple shield and having me pump. I was getting about 1/2oz per boob, and she was eating what I pumped from a syringe up until yesterday. Wednesday late night my milk came in, my girls were hard as a rock, dripping everywhere, and huge as can be. Yesterday I started using the nipple shield and feeding her out of one boob, and pumping the other at the same time, then I would switch boobs at the next feeding. She's doing pretty well with it now. Hopefully soon I won't have to use the nipple shield.

Kylie was jaundice at the hospital. They did some heel picks to get her blood, and the results were higher than the norm, but nothing to worry about. Her pedi wanted to see her back today to check her over etc.

Yesterday Kylie hadn't had a BM at all. And today she seemed even more jaundice.

We took her to the doctor, and sure enough, he wasn't happy with the jaundice. So he sent her over for some more heel pricking to see what that came up with. But she hadn't had a BM in 24 hours. So he stuck his pinky up her behind to stimulate it, and then she pooed. He said thats probably why her jaundice is still looking bad because, thats a way that babies get rid of jaundice, is by pooing. So we went and got her blood drawn again today, her doctor called me back with the results and they were a bit higher than they were at the hospital but he isn't going to worry about it just yet because they weren't high to where it needed to be treated quite yet, AND she hadn't pooed so now that he made her poo, she should be fine. So we will see.

My husband.....first time dad, yes, he's on my last nerve. I'm ready for him to go back to work. Is it Monday yet? He worries about everything and anything. She sneezed 4 times in a row at the docs office today and he was gonna ask him why she sneezed so much. Really? Yes, so true.

So thats that. There's my story.

I love my little girl to pieces!!

Last edited by *~*Lindsey*~*; June 6th, 2009 at 10:25 AM.
June 5th, 2009, 09:03 PM
Mommy4x4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mommy4x4
Yay, congrats.

And you totally should have thrown the ice at Chris. I kept telling you to do it!

My family is going an entire YEAR in 2011 without fast food. Join us on our journey at our blog or on the Facebook fan page for The 365-Day Challenge!!!

June 6th, 2009, 05:00 AM
Mega Super Mommy
oh wow what a busy sunday and monday, that is so cool I cant wait for mine to get here, glad she is doing well..congrats.

<
June 6th, 2009, 05:51 AM
CSC6709
Wow! Lots of pushing!!!

What a story! cONgrats again!
June 6th, 2009, 09:56 AM
Send a message via AIM to *~*Lindsey*~* Send a message via Yahoo to *~*Lindsey*~*
Thanks ladies!!
June 6th, 2009, 12:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats. She so beyond adorable.

June 6th, 2009, 12:21 PM
mandalyn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would've been throwing ice at him. Congrats on Miss Kylie!

June 6th, 2009, 09:53 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Wow, she sure was a stubborn thing. I am so happy for you. I can't wait till we both heal and can get them together.

June 7th, 2009, 10:19 AM
mellyburt's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
aww, sounds like a great story overall. yes, you were in pain but look at the beauty you got out of it. yeah! congrats, lindsey!

Thank you so much for the gorgeous siggie, sara aka misfitinmn!
June 7th, 2009, 02:56 PM
Yes, I agree with you Christina! We can get the kiddems together! This summer, I am sure we will have lots of time to get together!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search