Trevor Ryan (long)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 6th, 2009, 11:15 AM
mandalyn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry that I have been gone so long! Once the virus hit my system in April, I was scared to come back. I have been lurking for a couple days and all seems well, so I went ahead and logged in. I have missed you ladies and seeing who has had thier babies. I can't believe how many we had in May!!

Tuesday was a busy day for me and I didn't really think anything would happen over night, but I was wrong!! I went and worked out in the morning and the trainer said to me, "I feel vibes and I think you are going to have your baby today!!" I said ok, well, I'll probably see you tomorrow then. I went home and then Xavier and I went to the mall and to the park because I was going stir crazy. Still nothing after that and I was bored, so we went to a local park so Xavier could see the some dinosaurs. Got home, DH fixed dinner, so we ate and had our normal night. Gave Xavier a bath and did his night time routine. DH finally came to bed and we talked for a while and then went to sleep. At 11:45 I went up to go the bathroom for the gazillionth time. Since I get up so much, I have been doing the leaning forward thing to try and empty my bladder, so as I did that and I heard a pop. I thought it was nothing, so I went and laid in bed and about 6 minutes later had a contraction. It wasn't bad so I sat there another five minutes and had another. I decided to get up and go downstairs to use the bathroom again so I could check with the light on. I go to the bathroom and there is my plug tinged pink, so I wiped and there was a little pink. I decided to wait to see if I had anymore contractions. I decided to try one more time to go potty and there was a ton of blood, so I knew. I went and woke up DH and told him I think today will be our baby's birthday. I called my BFF and told her my water broke and it was time, but I didn't know what to do with Xavier. She said her husband would be there and that her dad would come watch thier daughter. Then I called my mom and she said she was on her way. DH and I went about getting all the last little things packed for the hospital. I decided to go outside to wait for Brett (BFF's DH) since it was nice evening. By this time my contrations were about 4 minutes apart and trying to walk them off. Brett finally got there 20 minutes later and we went to the hospital. Thank goodness we are only 10 minutes from the hospital!! I had three or four contractions during the ride there. I must have been a sight. The only way I was semi-comfortable was kneeling on the front seat hugging the back. I think DH was doing 90 to get us there!! We got to the hospital right about 1:00 in the morning. I was having killer contractions and they were right on top of each other. We had to go in through the ER since it was so late and my BFF was there waiting for us. She went up with me and DH went to go park the car. When we got to the L&D room, my contractions were so bad, I couldn't even change out of my clothes. My BFF and a nurse ended up having to take my clothes off and get me in a gown. They checked me and I was so effaced and dilated that they couldn't even tell how far it was. There was no time for drugs, but I didn't want them to begin with. I was begging the doctor to hurry up so I could push and get him out. I was yelling at him and begging him to hurry, luckily it was a doctor I liked. DH wasn't even up there yet when I was yelling at the doctor!! I think I had five contractions before he came and then the doctor told me I could push. I think I pushed him out in 6 contractions. His shoulders got stuck, but I just kept pushing and he was ok. Trevor Ryan was born at 1:28am on June 3, 2009 in less than two hours. 8lb 11oz and 21.25 inches long. Much bigger than Xavier!! They say your subsequent labor goes quicker and they really do!!

Oh and a couple pics... I'll leave them for a couple days....

Last edited by mandalyn; June 6th, 2009 at 02:10 PM.
June 6th, 2009, 01:08 PM
amberrose22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to amberrose22 Send a message via Yahoo to amberrose22
wow so crazy!! Glad you made it to the hospital!! Congrats on your baby boy!
June 6th, 2009, 02:50 PM
Mommy4x4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mommy4x4
Oh my gosh, my 2nd labor was an hour LONGER than my 1st! That is so awesome! Congrats!!

My family is going an entire YEAR in 2011 without fast food. Join us on our journey at our blog or on the Facebook fan page for The 365-Day Challenge!!!

June 6th, 2009, 09:09 PM
Lilmommaof3kiddos
Congrats he is precious.
June 6th, 2009, 09:34 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh my, that was fast. I am glad you got there in time. I am laughing at the visual of you in the car.

June 6th, 2009, 09:35 PM
Miranda and Maria's mommy's Avatar Not Mike's girl
lol...just stalking you from you know where....

Congrats Amanda--man that sounds like fast delivery....I was almost getting worried that Damon was going to miss it! Trevor is so sweet--he looks like his brother!

If I'm not here, find me on that other website
June 7th, 2009, 03:54 PM
*~*Lindsey*~*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to *~*Lindsey*~* Send a message via Yahoo to *~*Lindsey*~*
Congrats hun! He's a doll!
June 7th, 2009, 04:14 PM
Ever's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
He's adorable!! Congrats on your beautiful baby boy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search