Lukas Troy's Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 7th, 2009, 08:32 PM
stephiebaby_06's Avatar Veteran
On June 2nd, I was celebrating my bf's bday with him. We had a get together with some family and friends and cake and ice cream. All day I was having contractions, but they weren't anything to sneeze at. They were the same ones I had been having all week long. So that night around 11:30 they started to get "really" intense. I started breathing through them and counting them. They were every five minutes and lasting 2-3 minutes at a time.

After a half hour, I was certain this had to be it. We left for the birth center, by the time we got there, my contractions were on top of each other, lasting 3-4 minutes and coming every 3, because I was hyperventilating. The nurse had to calm me down, I was in the birth center the day before and was dilated to 1cm and had been for a month. When they checked me this time I was a 3.

They said though I had changed alot in one day, I had to make cervical change to get admitted, so they monitored the baby for an hour to make sure he was okay with all the contractions, and then they checked me again. I was a 4.

After that, the contractions slowed down quite a bit and they worried they might stop if they admitted me, so they made me wait another hour, over which I walked and dialated to 5. After that things moved pretty quickly, I was admitted at 2Am and called my mom and sister, they came in my room and gave daddy a much needed break, he took a nap while we walked and I got in the jacuzzii tub.

After about an hour or so of that, they thought they were slowing down again and decided to break my water, after that, about a half hour later, I was in so much pain, I couldn't stand it. After I dialated to 7, I wanted some relief, it took a half hour for them to get it to me, but once I got my epi I was all better, except I kept telling the nurse felt like there was a pain in my butt. She was laughing and making fun of me, because I wasn't supposed to be able to feel pain there, so she checks me and she can see his head.

Of course things were really took off from there, they had to clear all the stuff out of the way and bring in all their equipment, my mom and sister got on the phone and starting calling those who wanted to be there for the birth, telling them get here now, he's crowning.

I pushed for 45 minutes before he was born, Lukas Troy 6 pounds 4 ounces 19 inches long. Born at 9:17 AM on June 3rd.

Labor lasted about 9 and a half hours total. I had 1st degree tears with only 3 stiches.

He missed Daddy's birthday by about 9 hours.

link to the pictures:
Lukas Troy pictures by baby_butterfly06_837 - Photobucket

thanks for reading.

Last edited by stephiebaby_06; June 7th, 2009 at 09:02 PM.
June 7th, 2009, 08:42 PM
Mommy4x4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mommy4x4
Sounds like you had a great experience. Congrats, can't wait to see pics.

Oh, and how long was he?

My family is going an entire YEAR in 2011 without fast food. Join us on our journey at our blog or on the Facebook fan page for The 365-Day Challenge!!!

June 8th, 2009, 06:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats. Sounds like a very good birthing experience.

June 9th, 2009, 01:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yay! Congrats!

[/url][url="http://lilypie.com"]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search