Carlos (LaUrA_rOo) Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 9th, 2009, 01:36 PM
LaUrArOo's Avatar Veteran
I know it is super late but here it is...

So I was due on April 18th, but the 17th had come and I had my last pre-natal appt. The doctor said my belly and the baby wwere just so big that there was no way she could let me go another whole week.. so she decided to induce on the 21st... 3 days after my due date...

I went in on Tuesday, the 21st at 11:00 pm and they started the first Cervadil... I started to feel some cramps but at noon the next day I was still completed closed and not effaced at all.... so they started me on some stronger stuff down there (I forget the name of it at the moment)... within 5 to 6 hours I was cxontracting hard.. and boy could I feel it.. but I was still barley 3 cm dialated.. so they started the Pitocin...
I thought I was going to die!! The contractions were so hard and coming so close but I wasn't dialating... at 9 pm I was still only at 3 cm... so the doctor swept the membranes.. an hour later... my water broke.... then the contractions got even worse... I still was not dialating anymore though... by midnight I was in such pain I started yelling at the nurses and my mom that I couldn't do it anymore and if we couldn't just call it all off... I didn't realize what was so funny at the time but now I do... lol...

I was begging for the epidural but they wanted me to wait until at least four cm... they were all quite surprised and little boggled at why I was contracting so hard and close but I wasn't dialating...

I guess this was aorund the time I stopped breathing and I woke up to them pumping me with oxygen and screaming at me to breath.. it really freaked everyone out.. especially me... from then on the nurse stayed right there by my side and I had to keep the oxygen on and they all kept telling me to take a breath because I kept stopping breathing... the baby was doing okay but his heartbeat was slowing down a lot when I would stop breathing... at least that is what they told me beacause all of this part I only know from what others told me, I can't remember any of it.. probably a mix of the pain and the Stadol...
At about 1 o'clock am on the 23rd my mom says that I went into like a trance.. I stopped crying and screaming and was very quiet and out of it .. she said I would just open my eyes and point at the fan for DH to turn it in and off every 10 minutes but besides that they were just telling me to breath and I wouldn't talk to or answer anyone... so she asked one of the nurses to check me... I was at 4.... barely... then even though she had promised me the epidural at 4 cm, the nurse thought I was dialating to slowly and that the epidural would wear off too soon.. so she said for me to hang on until 5 cm.. I was devastated... obviously... my mom said I just went back into my little trance and whimpered through the contractions... and that DH was crying for me because he could tell I was in so much pain ( I think thats sweet lol)... at about 2:35 am, the ocntractions were so bad that I was out of my little trance and back to crying and stopping breathing again.. so they came in to check me again.. the first nurse just got a weird look on her face while she checked me and said "Hold on".. she walked out and walked back in frantically a minute later with another nurse.. who then check me and said oh so casually " Well honey, no wonder you are in so much pain... your at 8 cm.... then said "oh wait... um maybe about 9 cm.... then all these people started walking in and setting things up.. then another nurse came in to check me and said" Ok everyobody we are at 10 cm and the head is right here" I started freaking out right as a big cintraction hit while the nurses hand was inside of me and she started saying "Don't push.. stop pushing", well I wasn't pushing but the contraction was and the nurse said her fingers got stuck between the baby's head and my cervix....lol...

the worst part was that my doc had gone home because my progress was so slow... so they are on the phone with her while she is speeding over to the hospital..
Then I had to breath through that terrible urge to push and I started to yell" Wait wait wait you said I could have the epidural... I want the epidural!!!" Well obviously it was too late.... The nurses kept begging me not to push until the doc got there because they didn't want to have to deliver me....

I finally couldn't hold it after 15 minutes and the doctor came running in as I was pushing... after about three minutes of pushing the doctor said "Honey, you were made to push out 8 lb babies but I have to help you out here"... I guess the babies heart was stopping with every contraction and they were scared but he was already very close to coming out so she used the vaccuum... at 2:59 am on April 23rd little baby Carlos was born... 8 lbs 8 ozs and 20.5 inches long....

I swore I would never put myslef through that again..... until about two weeks later and I have been wanting #2 ever since.... lol...

Thanks for reading... I know it was long... so was my 27 hours in labor... lol
August 19th, 2009, 01:31 AM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Awww, that is kinda a scary birth story, no doc, no breathing, scary. But you did it! GL on that whole number 2 thing, lol!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search