Lorena Ann Z.'s Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 9th, 2009, 11:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
On Saturday, June 6th, I had slept pretty much all day long. I decided that later that night I would try castor oil and see what happened, so at 10:40, I drank about 2 oz. I waited and waited and nothing happened, not even a single cramp. For some reason, though, I just knew that it would be happening soon.

I went to bed at about 1:00 am and couldn't fall asleep. I was having a few sporatic contrax, but nothing painful or regular. At about 3 am, I started having some strong cramping low down and thought the castor oil was taking effect. I was wrong, the cramps were actually contrax. By about 4 am, the contractions became very regular and were at the most 4 minutes apart, but were mostly coming every 2-3 mins. They were painful, like nothing I had ever felt before, but I refused to get my hopes up. I got up to use the restroom a few times, and each time would need to stop and breathe through a contraction. I continued laying down trying to fall asleep, but they were becoming increasingly more painful and I knew that this was it. I layed in bed until about 5:30 when I woke DH to let him know I was in labor and was going to take a shower. When I got into the shower, the contrax were at their worst yet, and I would nearly collapse to my knees with each one. I decided to feel around inside and see if my cervix felt any different. It definitely did, I knew I was at least a 5 and my bag of water was bulging. I got out of the shower and quickly threw myself together. I took probably 10-15 breaks to get to the bed and get on my hands and knees to get through the contractions. I didn't want to go in, because hands and knees was the only way I could get through them and I knew I would have to be on my back, at least initially.

We got to the hospital at 7:00 or so, and by then contrax were right on top of each other. The lady checking me in was shocked at how quickly they were coming, and DH and my mom had to answer all of her questions as I had to focus on my contrax. We got up into our room about 7:15 and got all set up and checked. I was at 7 cms. OMG. I was shocked and so proud of myself for having labored at home to that point. I asked if I could take anything for pain or if it was too late, and they offered fentanyl and and ITN, both of which I gladly accepted. DH was amazing and held my hand and helped me breathe through every contraction. The doctor came in about 8:15 and checked me, and I was now an 8. He told me he would come back and break my water once I had been given the ITN. About 30 minutes later, I got the ITN and was in heaven, as it gave me a break from the contractions completely. By 9:20, the doctor came in and broke my water and I was now at a 9. The nurse told me to let her know when I felt pressure and she would check me again. About 45 minutes later, I let her know I was feeling pressure and sure enough, I was complete and at +2 station, but I didn't quite feel the urge to push yet, so they let me labor down until I was ready. By 10:30, I felt the urge and the nurse checked again only to find out I was now +3 station. She was quite impressed. I began pushing and got the hang of it right away. DH held my head and counted me through each push, while my mother watched what was going on. With each push, my mom could see more and more hair. The nurse was very encouraging and told me what a good job I was doing. At about 10:55, the doctor was called in, as she was crowning. As soon as he got there, my contractions slowed and I didn't have one for a good 2 minutes or so, which was a long time considering they had been RIGHT on top of each other. 2 contractions and 7 pushes later, out flew Lorena Ann Z., at 11:03 am. I say flew because I couldn't slow down on my pushing and she literally flew out, all the way to the end of the bed.

It was so amazing and I was so proud of myself. I dealt with the pain so well, and DH was so wonderful with me. I could not have asked for a better labor and would do it again in a heartbeat.

Oh, and FYI, the castor oil NEVER took effect. I just had my first BM, 2 days PP. I didn't even poop while pushing.

June 10th, 2009, 05:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
WOW! That's a great story. You did an amazing job laboring at home. I am very impressed. Congrats on Lorena!

[/url][url="http://lilypie.com"]

June 10th, 2009, 06:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like a great birthing experience. Congrats.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search