Brooklyn Sue's Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 16th, 2009, 12:58 PM
ilovemy3girls's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry it took me so long to post this!

I had gone into L&D on June 7 (my 3rd trip to L&D) with contractions just like I had the previous 2 times. They were every 2 minutes lasting a minute. They checked me and I was still 3cm and 50% effaced. They had me walking the halls and under observation for the next 3 hours. I had continued to contract and still had NO change. So they decided to send me home once again! They had me take 2 sleeping pills. We got home around 2:30am and DH had to carry me up to our room because the sleeping pills really did a number on me! I slept 3 hours and was back up with contractions. I had experienced them for the week prior so I decided to just go about our plans for the day. We went to Sam’s Club then I went to see my OB at 11am so they could check me… I started getting dressed and ready to head home when she said, “Well, you need to get over to the hospital!”. I was sooooooo relieved! I was 5cm and 75% effaced!!! YAY! So DH dropped me off at the hospital which is across the street from my OB and bring the girls to a friend of ours then pick up our stuff at home. The hospital was so full that I had to sit in triage until a room opened up. I checked in with 3 people in front of me and 2 behind me and the rooms were already filled! It was a madhouse in there!

DH finally made it back and they brought me to my room and the OB broke my water at about 1 pm. By 2pm I was at 7cm and was so proud because I didn’t have a drop of pitocin in me (I was induced with DD1&2). I decided to get the epidural… It took him 2 tries and then they realized that my IV blew, so they had to redo it before giving me the meds for the epi. 1 hour later they were still trying to get the IV in. They had the anesthesiologist on one arm and the nurse on the other both trying to get the IV in at the same time! OUCH! After 8 or so tries, 2 nurses and an anesthesiologist they got it in. They checked me again and I was still sitting at 7 so they decided to start some pitocin since my contractions were slowing. They also had to use an internal monitor because the baby’s heartrate wasn’t picking up with the external. I felt the monitor move at about 6pm and they checked and I was fully dilated!!! Woohoo!!! They had me do 2 practice pushes and made me stop until the Dr was ready. He turned around had me push one long push during the contraction and her head was out and he delivered the rest of her!

Brooklyn Sue was born at 6:20pm. She weighed 6lbs 15oz and was 19 inches long! Her sisters are in love and so are DH and I!

June 16th, 2009, 02:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Awww...congrats. Sounds like your l&d went pretty quick! She's gorgeous!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search