Christian Michael's birth story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 16th, 2009, 02:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Christian Michael born 14 June 11:58 PM. 8 pounds 4 ounces. 20 inches.

I slept poorly on Saturday night and was up most of the night just feeling uncomfortable but not specific pains. At around 7 am I woke up and felt really crampy. Around 10 am, the cramps started to take some shape so I started timing and they were coming around 10-15 minutes apart. They continued to get stronger and closer together and I started telling my DH that we may want to think that we could end up in hospital in the next day or so. Started getting things ready and around 3:00, they were dying out...
... so I made DH dtd! hahaha. I thought that it couldn't hurt so I may as well try and speed it along. After that I had a massive bloody show and the contrax remained regular 3-5 minutes apart and started getting quite painful. Around 6, I walked over to my MIL's house for an hour and they were so bad by then I was doubled over or on my hands and knees. Came home and phoned the hospital and they asked me to come in, so I sorted out Thomas and took him to the childminder's and got to hospital at 9:50.

They saw me right away and put a monitor over my stomach. I met my midwife and she was very busy, but stayed with me most of the time and was very nice and laid back and reassuring. She noticed that his heartrate was dropping at the end of the contraction, so she checked me and I was 4cm and paper thin. I couldn't believe it! She told me I had to continue to be monitored because of the heartbeat dropping which I didn't like because the contractions were really painful and in my back and I wanted to be on my hands and knees instead. After the half hour, the heartrate was still dropping a bit so she checked me again and I was 5 and even thinner. She wanted to break my waters then. I got a little upset because I had broken waters and I know that it's the first step towards an intervention of some sort. She convinced me and told me it would be nothing like last time and to help m e through the breaking, I started the gas and air.

I never came off the gas and air because as my waters broke, the contractions came ontop of each other with no break and I asked for pain relief then. My midwife told me I was doing really well and she tried to assure me I didn't need it, I couldn't answer her so she diappeared for about 1-2 minutes. When she came back in the room she said "the anesthetist is in A&E and he will be here when he can. Are you ready to push now?" She asked for the gas and air back from me and I got a bit upset and promised I would listen to her directions and be obedient after that! I was already grunting by the time she asked me if I wanted to push, the feeling came over me so quickly. She just knew what was happening and that it was going to go ok. I pushed 4-6 times and then came baby!

Baby was delivered onto my stomach and he scored a 9 then a 10. He was so clean and clear, but a bit purple. He cried so well and latched on the breast in about 15 minutes. I was so unprepared I was asking for help getting my bra off. I realized all I had done was take off my jeans to get checked and ended up having baby instead! I had a small tear and there was a conversation about if I needed a stitch. I told her that I was a good healer so she let me off. The midwife went and made me a cup of coffee and got me a bathmat and I went and took a shower while DH held Christian. It was so lovely. I couldn't believe that I got such a wonderful birth. I don't know that I could've had a better experience if I had written the script beforehand.... Well, I would've had a lot less pain but I think that's just how it works. It was so cosy and wonderful and homey for a hospital birth. It was just DH, myself and one midwife... and my new perfect baby. We're quite thrilled with him and think he looks like Thomas when he was newborn.

June 21st, 2009, 08:37 AM
~Kate T~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to ~Kate T~
Congratulations Ungratefulbiped!!!! I am so happy for you and your family !

IT'S A BOY! OLIVER DEAN WAS BORN ON JUNE 12TH (38w5d) 7lbs 9oz & 20.5"
June 21st, 2009, 11:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
what a great experience! congrats!

[/url][url="http://lilypie.com"]

June 21st, 2009, 01:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow..sounds like a great birth experience. congrats

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search