My birth story.... kinda long, sorry

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 17th, 2009, 07:27 PM
Veteran
So a few weeks ago a friend that I lost touch with found me on facebook and she was getting ready to deliver her son. She asked me if I had any advise from an "experienced" mom. Well all I said was its not as bad as everyone makes it out to be and to expect the unexpected!

So as you know last Friday I had to be induced due to medical complications and a non responsive NST in the morning. So the freaking out began at 8am.... I was doing great at staying calm even through laboring all day. NONE of the labor was painful I was just exhausted from life in general and sore from the position the baby had been in for a couple weeks. He dropped into my pelvis LITERALLY!!! So at like 445 every contraction I had made Grant's heartbeat drop VERY low. Well after contracting non stop less than 30 sec apart and being flopped around 50 times to try and get it back up they got my dr back to the hospital (who had just left to get something to eat since I was only at a 5). He decided the best thing for mine and the babies safety was a c section. And then I started FREAKING out I had tears dripping down my face shaking while trying to sign forms, ect. I was NOT expecting it at all. I was expecting to go in deliver vaginally like the girls and then all the after effects of a vaginal delivery...

So its day 5... I can barely get in and out of bed oor up off a chair cause it hurts so stinking bad around my incision it brings tears to my eyes! I am trying to not take pain meds cause all they do is make me want to pass out. I am so emotional its not funny!!! I cry non stop cause I feel like I was ripped off from the c section and all I got was like a 6 inch cut across my abdomin. I went from being prego one second to feeling pressure in my tummy to bammmmm heres your baby! They weirdest thing ever! It is just so hard to explain and I should have taken my own advise and expected the unexpected, meaning be prepared ANYONE may need a c section.

So to the good news... Grant and I are doing good other than me being super sore and my incision bleeding. He went to the dr today for a 5 day check up. His juandice is good barely any at all, he gained an ounce so he is at 6lbs 6oz! And we are doing good. He is eating every 2 hours pretty much and my milk is fully in so I am engorged but the nursing is going great!

Sorry this is so long but I needed it off my chest and most dont understand!

June 17th, 2009, 07:35 PM
~LaurenNoel~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am so sorry things did not go as planned. I will pray that your recovery is quick, and less painful! I am happy to hear he is doing well. *Hugs*

................ ...

Wesley (7.16.09) Severe GERD, FTT, Gastroparesis, Sensory Processing issues, Tube fed, (G tube currently), suspected Mitochondrial Disease, trialing Gastric Stimulator. Nissen Fundoplication 7/2012
Ruby (2.16.11)
Nissen Fundoplication and Hiatal hernia repair 10/25/11
June 17th, 2009, 07:38 PM
soImarriedAnerd's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
othug: Its tough getting the unexpected---there are WONDERFUL support groups out there if you want to talk more to women who have BTDT and think about it the same way. ICAN is a great resource. I hope you have a speedy recovery and I'm glad Grant is doing well.
June 17th, 2009, 07:42 PM
Niki.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Your story wasn't long at all. I'm sorry that things didn't happen as you would have liked them to. But it sounds like it was for the best. Do you have a lot of help with your two girls while you try to rest from your surgery? It definitely does get better, I promise. Although I did have pain pills and didn't hesitate to use them when necessary. I don't have a high tolerance for pain, so there would have been no way that I would be able to go the first couple of weeks without them. Try to get some rest, but you might wanna work out your stomach muscles a little at a time. The nurse at the hospital that I had Cameron at told me that it's a good idea to move when you can after the c-section, but obviously you don't wanna overdue it either.

Last edited by Niki.; June 17th, 2009 at 07:45 PM.
June 17th, 2009, 08:56 PM
viXen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aww man, for one, i am so happy that you and baby are doing well! But I am so sorry you are going threw a rough time with it. People tend to think (including me), that no way would things like that happen... it is hard to take it in!

Hang in there hun *hugs*

June 17th, 2009, 09:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
im sorry you had to go through all of that! I hope you get to healing really quick and the pain begins to subside! I am reaallllyyyy glad you and Grant are doing good otherwise though!!

June 17th, 2009, 09:19 PM
Mel531's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So glad the baby is doing well, but I do SO feel for you regarding the feeling of being robbed...I have never been in that situation, and was able to have 4 vaginal deliveries...but I KNOW that is exactly how I would feel if I had to have a section. Im scared to death this time around something will happen and I will require one and Im already dreading that feeling afterward, because, like I say, I know I will feel just like you do. Im so sorry, in time I imagine it will get better, the best thing you can do is just focus on your beautiful baby boy and try to make peace with what happened, you cant go back and change it...and you did nothing to cause it..so hopefully you can let it go after you have had some time to heal, physically and emotionally. Many *hugs*
Seth 7-6-98, and Joel 7-13-09

June 17th, 2009, 09:44 PM
BoobyDutyAgainJen's Avatar Proud Mom & Birth Mom
Send a message via AIM to BoobyDutyAgainJen
I am so sorry that the birth has been so hard on you. I imagine I would feel the same way. Just try to think of all the positives of him being here and continue to work through the grief from the c section as you are able.

I am soooo glad he is doing well and I hope you continue to recover with time.

Thanks *Kiliki* for the precious siggy!

June 17th, 2009, 11:45 PM
amyhk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I totally understand where you're coming from. I had an unexpected c-section just two days after you. I labored for 18 hours and then pushed for 2.5 hours, and ended up with a section all the same. I was doing okay emotionally, but the last day has been really tough as I'm in pain and wondering how on earth I'm supposed to care of my baby like this. I'll be posting my birth story soon, so know you're not alone.

Glad the BFing is going well for you, too! We're having a rough start, which is probably adding to my emotional state right now.

June 18th, 2009, 06:11 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am sorry you didn't get the birth you wanted. I hope your recovery is quick!

June 18th, 2009, 06:16 AM
Lauren S's Avatar Mom to Brady and Hannah
I'm sorry your birth experience wasn't what you expected or wanted. I'm glad he is here safe and sound though! I hope your pain goes away soon and you have a speedy recovery.
June 18th, 2009, 07:01 AM
photophreak's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So glad your baby is doing well. Fetal distress is so scary!

I feel ya on the post op pain. I'm an OB nurse, and I really didn't think it would be this bad or last this long. (I'm now a week and a couple days post op). My baby story wasn't anything I ever considered a possibility either, and I really think I have PTSD with regard to my section. I can't think about it without getting teary. It was really scary.

Big hugs to you, and feel free to pm me if i can do anything over the www to help.
June 18th, 2009, 07:09 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nvr.4.gtn
((((hugs))) your story is quite short actually so don't worry about that!
I am so osrry you ended up with a birth that is not pleasing to yo, I would feel the same way I am sure. BUT remember just because most c-sections are not needed, some are. Thank Goodness you were able to have it done to protect the baby! That is the big thing.
I am so sorry you are so sore, I can't imagine!
There is a forum here on JM in the birthing section right after the ddc, and its for C-section grief. It might be helpful to talk to others who have gone through similar experiences!

So glad to ehar how the breastfeeding is going well for you!!!

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

June 18th, 2009, 07:12 AM
*1Boy1Girl*
Awww...sweetie. I'm sorry you didn't get the birth you wanted, but it seems like in your case, the section was needed. Hopefully the soreness will start to go away soon for you.

So glad that Grant and you are doing well and it sounds like he's a champ at breastfeeding. WTG mommy!!
June 18th, 2009, 09:20 AM
MamaRN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aw I'm sorry things didn't go as planned with your delivery. One thing I've learned from this pregnancy is that these babies and our bodies have their own agenda and we just have to kind of go with the flow.. I heard on one of those baby shows a woman said it's hard to be a passenger if your own body and it's so true!

But I'm glad that your baby is doing well and you are healing, even if it is slower than we'd like.

((HUGS))

June 18th, 2009, 10:28 AM
.adi.
awww, I'm so sorry you didn't get the birth experience that you wanted. He's here safe though and that's what counts. I'm glad you both are doing well and I hope you continue to get better as the days go by! Don't be afraid to vent, we're here for you
June 18th, 2009, 10:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am sorry you feel the way you do. Right now my baby is breech and if he doesn't flip I am headed toward a C-section and I have cried and cried about it. Sounds funny but I told my husband I want the whole expierence and the pain that comes with it...LOL. On the other hand I am glad that Grant is doing well and that breastfeeding is going well!! Just remember you have a healthy and happy baby!! Congrats again!
June 27th, 2009, 01:14 PM
DawnN's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations on your beautiful baby boy!

I can so relate to your story (with my first). I wanted to go natural (and obviously vaginally) in the worst way. It was really hard for me. With my son, I wanted to go VBAC, but unfortunately he was breech and there was no way the doctors would let me try.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search