Justins birth day

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 18th, 2009, 05:44 PM
superkidsmom's Avatar Super Mommy
Took me long enough to post this, hopefully he'll sleep long enough for me to finish it!

June 4th was my scheduled induction date. i called the hospital at 7:00 am and they said I could come over as soon as I was ready. DH and I got ready, and my brother came to stay with the kids. We got to the hospital at about 8:30, my mom got there at 9. They did all their paper work and an ultrasound to check babys position. They checked me and I was still 3 and 50% and my cervix was high. They started pitocin at 10 am. I had a few contractions, but nothing too bad, my ob came in at 1:30 and checked me. He said I was dilated to 4, and then he broke my water. He told us we'd probably have a baby around dinner time. I waited for the intense contractions to start since he had broken my water, and usually thats when they get really bad. They started becoming more regular, but the pain was managable. At 3:00, I asked DH to put on family fued, so I know that they weren't to bad yet . But......by 3:10, I was really feeling pain. I had a lot of burning, and asked the nurse to check me so I could decide about my epidueral. She said I was 8 centimeters, and that baby was still high up. She suggested laying on my side and switching every 15 minutes to get him to come down. I laid on my side for about a minute, and the pain gt so bad. She went to get the anesthesiologist. He was a little man with an accent, maybe middle eastern, he looked at me and said, "Well, you'd have to stay still to do this, and you can't because your baby is coming now" and he just disappeared from the room.(DH thought that was the funniest part of the day ) Everything was a blur after that. The nurse said my cervix still had a little ridge, but she had me push anyways. My ob came in and said to get things ready cause once things start, it'd go fast, I was yelling at whoever would listen to get the baby out. I have never felt such pain in my life. I pushed 4 times, and out came Justin (All 9lbs 3oz of him ) at 3:53 pm. The nurse took him right away, he had swallowed some meconium, and they didn't want him to cry until they suctioned him out. Then a nurse went to find a size one diaper, the newborn was to small , and finally I got to holdmy baby boy
Sorry this was kind of long, thanks for reading!

June 22nd, 2009, 12:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search