Konnor Lucas

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 20th, 2009, 03:04 PM
Super Mommy
Hey ladies, sorry I haven't posted much or done this yet...been really busy with the little one and my 3 1/2 year old. So here it is...it started about 9:00 I was having contractions because during the day I went and had a pedicure and a facial done. Then when I came home from swimming at 7:30 I took caster oil. I am not sure if these things helped, but I been having contractions since the 5th but nothing strong enough to force me into labor to go to the hospital. So about 9 the caster oil hit me and man was it bad! Just when you think you can't go anymore and then water comes out of you. So I started having contractions almost right away, but I thought it was the pain from pooping so much so I didn't time them right away. I did give my aunt a call though and told her what was going on because she was the one coming down to stay with Cillian (my 3 1/2 year old) and she works 3rd shift, so she called off work and came down right away. I started timing my contractions at 9:25 and they were 3-4 mins apart, but not painful at all. So then I called my 2 lovely ladies who were to be in the room and told them to prepare for me to be calling them all night. Everyone was excited and I told my husband around 10:00 if they didn't start spacing out I would call and my aunt said call anyway. So I made the phone call to the hospital telling them I think I am in labor, waited for the doctor to call me back and when he did I was disappointed! He told me I sound to calm that I am not in active labor that the unit was extremely packed and if it wasn't labor I would be wasting a 45 minute drive for nothing just to be sent home. He told me to give a call back when I was in pain and head on in. Well every time I would sit down the contractions would become farther spaced out. So I called my sister-in-law up who lived down the road and told her to come over cause I wanted to go walking. She came over right away and it was poring down rain she was like are you sure you want to do this I was like yea cause when I sit they go away. So we walked and walked and walked. My other sister-in-law came over and walked with us. Finally at 11:30 I couldn't take it anymore and called them and told them I was coming over to the hospital. Since my husband had only one day to take off my sister-in-laws took me to the hospital just incase they were to send me home and my husband wasted a day of taking off work that we needed. After the crazy ride to the hospital and my sister-in-law speeding around the parking garage over the speed bumps we got there at 12:15 and they hooked me up to the monitors right away. My contractions were off the charts, but I was able to breath through them this time (unlike with Cillian's birth). They came in and told me if I wasn't 4 cm they would send me home as they still didn't have room. Finally got checked at 1:13 and I was 4 cm, 60% effaced and -2, so then the nurse came back in at 1:20 and told me they were keeping me but waiting for a room. I finally got my room at 3:30 and they hooked up the IV, then at 3:50 they broke my bag of water and I was 4 cm, 60%, and 0. They came back in at 4:50 to see how I was doing and I was in so much pain at this point I was crying and I begged to be checked because I wanted the epidural. They checked me and I was 6 cm, 80%, and +1. At 5:13am they started the epidural and it took them awhile because I was in so much pain I couldn't relax, but by 5:20 it was finally done and I was feeling the contractions but not as much. At 5:53 they came back in and I told them I wasn't feeling right and all sudden they started to wheel the things in to deliver they quickly checked me and I was 10 cm, 100% and +2. I started to push and they had me stop to wait for the doctor. I told them I couldn't wait then at 6:03 out he came....Konnor Lucas Pursell, weighing 7lbs 1 oz, and 19 1/2 inches long. His apgar score was a 9.9. All in all pretty easy delivery except that last hour. I had a class 1 tear (whatever that means) but needed 2 stitches. They were so busy in the hospital that day that we didn't get to the mother baby unit until 12:05. Then I found out they had delivered 33 babies that day and mine was 101 for the month. On average they deliver 10 babies a day and about 300 a month....looks like its busy season for the doctors! Sorry it took so long to post this I just been very busy lately barely have time to get on the computer.

Mommy's lil peanut!
June 22nd, 2009, 12:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats!

June 22nd, 2009, 08:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Great story! Thanks for posting. That's a LOT of babies in one day!!

[/url][url="http://lilypie.com"]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search