Katarina Nicole - June 18, 2009

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 20th, 2009, 06:47 PM
Jade27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was lying in bed at 3 am on Thursday morning when I thought wow, I really need to use the bathroom. Well I didn't quite make it there.

Woke up Karl, and we decided to head to the hospital, I of course jumped in the shower first to shave my legs, DH still thinks it's the most insane thing that I have every done.

We get to the hospital about 5am, we were supposed to be leaving later that morning to go to BIL's wedding, so this added a bit of stress to me, Karl took it all in stride.

When they checked me at triage I was 1 cm dialated, I think 70 % effaced. We were admitted and started walking the halls, trying to get things moving.

They checked me at noon and I was still 1 cm dialated. The Dr's decided to put me on Cervadil (I think) because my cervix wasn't softening. This is a 12 hour medication and after that they would start the pitocin. Here is where I completely lost it. I was bawling, so much that the poor Intern left and didn't come back for an hour. I was upset that it was going to take so long, DH was supposed to be Best Man in the wedding and I knew that with this, there would be no way he could make it to the wedding.

The put the Cervadil in around 1pm, I sent DH home to try and get some rest and I decided around 2 pm to take a nap as well. It never really happened, I started getting contractions shortly there after. Around 2:45 I went to the bathroom and the Cervadil fell out. The Dr came back to check me before putting in a new one and discovered that I was now 3-4cm. So I didn't need a new one (yay!) the nurse told me she was pretty sure with what happened that it had nothing to do with the Cervadil, just that my body decided to finally kick into action. I finally called DH back to the hospital about 3:30 because I couldn't handle the contractions on my own and the Dr's didn't want to start me on pain meds because they were afraid it would slow me down. Fast forward to 4:30-5 I get an epidural, which was heaven, I have alot of respect for anyone who goes natural, myself, I just couldn't do it. Could have been all the stress I put on myself about the wedding.

The Dr comes in to check me about 6:30 that night, she told me she was really hoping that I might be at 7 cm. Surprisingly, I was completely dialated and effaced, so it was time to call in my Dr. She got there around 7 pm, I started pushing around 7:30pm and Katarina Nicole was born at 8:01pm. My Dr. was astonished that 1) I dialated so quickly and 2) I only had to push for 1/2 an hour. She said it was pretty great for a first time Mom, I'm not sure if she was just trying to make me feel better about it or not?

The only thing I can attribute my easy pushing to was the fact that I exercised and my prenatal yoga really helped me focus on what I was doing. I kept repeating this to DH who was previously angry with me for working out so much.

I was realeased from the hospital the afternoon of the 20th. My Mom brought me home and DH made it to the wedding after all! Although I still think my New SIL is never going to forgive us for this one, Oh well, she can blame it on Katarina, it isn't important to us. We have a healthy, happy baby and are so very thank ful.

Here's our first family photo.

Thanks for reading my story!
June 20th, 2009, 07:08 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nvr.4.gtn
aww what anice photo! Congrats on a beautiful daughter

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

June 20th, 2009, 07:20 PM
.adi.
Oh my gosh, if your SIL is that childish to be mad at you for going into labor on her wedding day than she can shove it! Seriously! That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of. What a great birth story and only pushing for 1/2 an hour as a first time mom is awesome!
June 20th, 2009, 07:36 PM
starryeyedme04's Avatar Jamie <3
Send a message via AIM to starryeyedme04 Send a message via Yahoo to starryeyedme04
congrats!!

June 20th, 2009, 07:54 PM
jen44's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow you look great!!! She is so adorable So many babies coming along now!!!

Chloe - 6/18/09
Eli - 2/13/12
June 20th, 2009, 09:44 PM
amyhk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wonderful story! I love the family photo.

June 21st, 2009, 12:20 AM
Platinum Supermommy
please can I only have to push for a 1/2 hour!!! that is so awesome girly!! The family picture is too sweet...I've already seen your other pics that you posted of her, she is a dollbaby!!! Thanks for sharing your story!!

June 21st, 2009, 04:26 PM
MamaRN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Great birth story, beautiful baby!

I agree about your SIL- I hope she isn't really that selfish.

June 21st, 2009, 04:33 PM
*Angela.R*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Awwww, what a great pic!! Don't worry to much about the SIL, if she's going to be mad about that, then let her be!! Katarina is an absolute doll, thanks for sharing your story!!

June 22nd, 2009, 05:00 AM
Mega Super Mommy
What a great picture! Congrats
June 22nd, 2009, 10:43 AM
Gracie2345's Avatar Super Mommy
Congratulations! Katarina is beautiful!

June 22nd, 2009, 03:17 PM
monilove's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Delivering safely and a healthy baby supersedes a wedding in my book. Congrats on your new bundle!
June 25th, 2009, 06:29 PM
Jade27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks everyone. We have been dealing with jaundice for the past few days, so she is under a billi light at home. Hopefully she can get rid of it soon.
June 26th, 2009, 10:16 PM
DawnN's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope the jaundice goes away quickly. You look fantastic and what a beautiful daughter you have there. Congratulations!

June 27th, 2009, 03:08 PM
soImarriedAnerd's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Baby trumps wedding any day!
Congrats on your little angel! and 1/2 is pretty good
July 5th, 2009, 09:56 PM
BoobyDutyAgainJen's Avatar Proud Mom & Birth Mom
Send a message via AIM to BoobyDutyAgainJen
Congrats!! So glad everything went well and GREAT pushing!! She is a doll!

Thanks *Kiliki* for the precious siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search