Evan's Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 25th, 2009, 02:16 PM
Sweetie Karen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
On Monday night (15th June) I started to have regular pains, mostly in my back that were no more than 30 minutes apart. I wasn't overly worried because they weren't getting closer together and knew that on Tuesday we had our scan and consultant appointment anyway. By 3am I was in the bath trying to relieve what was now a constant back pain with waves of contractions that varied from 10 to 30 minutes apart but managed to sit it out at home until it was time to go to the hospital.

When we arrived for our scan the sonographer estimated that our baby weighed around 8lb 14oz and sent me for lunch while we waited for our consultant who had been called to theatre. I was still having pains but the timings were irregular so we had a sandwich and waited to be seen. When we got in to see the consultant she took one look at me and said I was in labour. She checked and I was 2cm dilated and was sent straight to the labour suite with my notes signed off for an immediate c-section.

In the labour suite the doctors said that for the op I needed to wait 4-6 hours after eating and put us into a room to wait it out. After 7 hours they decided that as it was now late and labour hadn't progressed they would wait and deliver him first thing on Wednesday morning when there would be a full team on shift and the bone doctor could attend. It was very frustrating but I could understand why they made the decision they did.

By the time Wednesday morning rolled around I was worn out and just looking forward to getting things going, the pressure on my back and ribs by then was unbearable but we were first into theatre at 9am so I didnt have long to wait. The consultant agreed that I would be able to have a spinal block but unfortunately where my back has been broken my spine curves in not out at the bottom and after an hour they had no choice but to knock me out.

Evan was finally born at 10.30am weighing 7lb 15oz and absolutely perfect. He has a cut on his leg from delivery that has stitches in it because its deep although its small otherwise he is just fine. The midwife said she could see he was a 36 weeker because he still had so much vernix covering him but most of its gone now. (we're not to bath him until he is a week old).

I have always struggled to come round from general anaesthetic so it was a long time before I was with it which meant Simon had about 45 minutes on his own with Evan before I was awake enough to see him and both Evan and I slept pretty much all day on Wednesday but we are doing much better now.

Considering Evan made his big entry at 36 weeks he is just perfect with no complications and we only stayed 2 nights in the hospital.

After all we went through I still can't quite believe that he is here and ours, its such an amazing feeling!

June 25th, 2009, 02:25 PM
here he is

Just a few hours old

4 days old

Last edited by Sweetie Karen; June 25th, 2009 at 02:28 PM.
June 26th, 2009, 03:18 PM
jen44's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Awww he's so cute! And wow, almost 8 pounds at 36 weeks! He was ready to come out of there

Chloe - 6/18/09
Eli - 2/13/12
June 26th, 2009, 04:11 PM
.adi.
He weighed two more ounces than my 41 weeker! I would be pissed if the dr's cut my kid's leg while doing the op! i"m glad he's ok! He's so cute and such a chunk for 36 weeks. What a sweetheart
June 26th, 2009, 04:33 PM
~LaurenNoel~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats!!

................ ...

Wesley (7.16.09) Severe GERD, FTT, Gastroparesis, Sensory Processing issues, Tube fed, (G tube currently), suspected Mitochondrial Disease, trialing Gastric Stimulator. Nissen Fundoplication 7/2012
Ruby (2.16.11)
Nissen Fundoplication and Hiatal hernia repair 10/25/11
June 26th, 2009, 05:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nvr.4.gtn
congrats he is so sweet! I would have beaten me some docs as well for cutting my kid!

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

June 26th, 2009, 10:13 PM
DawnN's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh he's beautiful!!! Congratulations!

June 26th, 2009, 10:23 PM
Martina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
congrats!!!

June 27th, 2009, 03:14 PM
soImarriedAnerd's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats! WOW an 8lb 36 weeker that kind of cool that baby kind of "knew" they would come early.
I'm guessing you had a mover and a shaker in there since doctor cut his leg...hope it wasn't to bad But it does happen--just like when moms push on their stomach to get baby to move--same thing sometimes happens in OR...Dr starts putting pressure on that one spot and baby kicks or hits--Its all most always an arm or a leg that gets it to!
June 30th, 2009, 12:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow congrates!!!! Love the pitures!!

June 30th, 2009, 01:27 PM
AutumnLove's Avatar Autumn & Carleigh's mommy
What a sweet lil boy!!! Congrats!!

..... ..
July 2nd, 2009, 02:54 PM
Platinum Supermommy
ohhh he is darling!! I'm sorry the dr cut his leg, hope it's ok!! congrats mama!!

July 4th, 2009, 11:44 AM
Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to sharitamiles
Congrats, he is a cutie. Don't worry my baby has a nice little cut on his backside from the cesarean.

Thanks *Sharon* for my beautiful siggy.

url=http://FertilityFriend.com/home/1e1756/][/url]
July 5th, 2009, 03:36 PM
thanks everyone!
Evan's leg is healing well, I am amazed how common it is for babies to be cut during c-sections and I was so upset for him when he was in pain but as long as he is ok now thats ok with me!
July 5th, 2009, 09:40 PM
BoobyDutyAgainJen's Avatar Proud Mom & Birth Mom
Send a message via AIM to BoobyDutyAgainJen
Congrats! He is adorable!! Stinks that they had to give you general but overall if it is what is best then so be it.

Thanks *Kiliki* for the precious siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search