Lucas Kevin's Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 29th, 2009, 07:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I went in at 6:00 am on Monday, June 22nd for my scheduled induction. We got in and they had everything there ready for me, like all my paperwork and my arm bands. I was disappointed because it was my 28th birthday and my armband must have been printed the day before because it said I was 27! Anyways, we went in and they got me all hooked up and got my IV started and pitocin started at 6:30. My doc came in 10 minutes later and broke my water and then did a cervical check and tried to "stretch" my cervix. Can I say....OUCH! My doc turned around and told DH that I was "tough as nails". I thought that was funny. Anyways, we were cruising along, I was getting some contractions but they were totally manageable, but about 8 am they started getting tough. I asked for my epidural at 8:15 ish and anesthesia was there pretty quickly. The epidural hurt more than I thought it would, but it was totally worth it because after that I felt great! My right leg got a lot more numb than my left, to the point that I couldn't even move it! My family was there and we were just talking and joking and hanging out, it was a great distractor. At about 12 I was checked and I was 5 cm. My nurse said that that was good for a first time mom, I figured we'd be having a baby around dinner time. Well between 12 and 1:15 my epidural wasn't working well on the left side, and when I asked my nurse about it, she said she'd check me and then if we needed to we could redo the epidural. Well, she was taking FOREVER to check and then she said, "well there's no cervix left!" I thought, "I'm not ready to push!". I was shocked. But I didn't have the urge to push so I laid on my left side in hopes to get some more of the epidural medicine to the left side. After about 30 mins and some painful contractions (which DH was wonderful for), she came in and we started pushing. My doc came in after about 20 minutes of that to check on things and it seemed that I was doing a pretty good job with the pushing. He and my nurse coached me very well and after a total 45 minutes of pushing, here he was! DH was texting and updating facebook during the entire process which was really funny. I was so focused on the pushing that I didn't cry or yell out or anything like I thought I would. It was the most amazing feeling when he came out. All I saw for the longest time was just his legs and his goods! But I could hear his tiny little cry so I knew things were OK. They didn't put him on me at first, I think because he was so small and had a weak cry. But he perked up really fast and was doing well. I got to hold him after less than 10 minutes. I was so shocked to see that he was only 5 lbs 11 oz. My doctor told me (as he was sewing me up) that next pregnancy I will need more late pregnancy growth ultrasounds. I ended up with an episiotomy (2nd degree), which DH said he did because it looked like I wasn't going to stretch any more! The recovery from that has been fine and I'm actually glad he did it because I could have torn much worse. I was in the hospital for 2 nights, and everything went really smooth.

I am so glad that I had the bitth experience that I did. It was totally not what I expected (in a good way)! I was ready to do it again!

Expecting Baby #3, due September 9, 2014!

June 30th, 2009, 06:01 PM
Mommy4x4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mommy4x4
What a great birth experience! Congratulations, he is so cute!

My family is going an entire YEAR in 2011 without fast food. Join us on our journey at our blog or on the Facebook fan page for The 365-Day Challenge!!!

July 4th, 2009, 10:46 AM
mrsnally's Avatar Veteran
Hes so cute =] Congrats!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search