Carleigh Jane born June 17th at 38.5 weeks

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 29th, 2009, 10:31 AM
AutumnLove's Avatar Autumn & Carleigh's mommy
Our story isn't very exciting but here it goes...

On Wednesday the 17th I started feeling really awful around 3p.m., but I thought I was getting sick. I had a fever of 101.1, the chills and aches, so I decided to take a warm bath while Autumn played "bathtime" in the sink with her figurines. When Shawn came home from work he took Autumn to the store for about an hour and I went in and laid down on our bed.. Just as I got comfortable the contractions started. I didn't think they were too bad at first but I noticed that they were very close together, so I posted wondering if maybe the fever would cause them. I went to Contractionmaster.com and started timing them for about an hour and they were just about 1 min and 58 seconds apart each time. So, I called in and the nurse said to head in. We dropped Autumn off with my brother and fam and headed in. They hooked me up right away, and noted that they were 2 mins apart. They checked my cervix (Man, did that hurt!) and I was 2cm dilated. Because I was scheduled for my c-section the following week they called my doctor who said she would be in in about a half hour from when they located the anesthesiologist to do my spinal. They put in my IV and got me up to walk upstairs about 3 times but emergency C-sections and labor issues prevented me from going into the room. Finally, the doctor called and said to send me up and away we went. The nurses were really nice and gave us a $25 gift card to the gift shop for all the trouble.

Once we got into the OR it went really fast, they immediately got my spinal done, layed me down and started working on getting the baby out. Apparently when they went in after her she squirmed away and tucked herself into my rib area, they had to do some major pushing and pulling and finally vacuum extracted her.. Whew.

When she came out they were all saying how tiny she was and ooh'ing and awww'ing over her. Now, this is all new to me because when my first daughter came out I heard gasps and "Oh wow, thats a big baby", and "Oh, she is going to be a linebacker..".. So this time I was surprised to hear it wasn't another close to ten pound baby, she was barely 6lbs and 6ozs. They measured her out saying they think maybe she was closer to 37 weeks than 38, which I figured because I had been charting my ovulation and had my DD figured at July3rd, which was why I started in this DDC. Good to know I was RIGHT, hahaha!

We stayed in the hospital for the whole 4 days because I was having a lot of pain, and needed more rest.

We came home the following Sunday and since then she has been sleeping mostly through the night, only getting up once and going right back to sleep. She latched right on in the recovery room and has been breastfeeding with few problems along the way. My nipples are finally getting less painful and its becoming more of a joy than a task.

Here are some pictures of the labor journey. One picture might be graphic for some people!

Shawn loves how I'm smiling while they have me wide open:

Out she came:

Sticky baby:

And she IS TINY:

Thanks for sharing my journey with me these last 9-10 months, I couldn't have made it through without all you girls!! This DDC is amazing.

..... ..

Last edited by AutumnLove; June 29th, 2009 at 10:39 AM.
June 29th, 2009, 10:42 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nvr.4.gtn
what a great story. Glad everything worked out beauituflly. She is adorable of course!! So they had to vacuum her out of your stomach??? wow that is insane!!!
Congrats again and can't wait to see more pics!

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

June 29th, 2009, 10:49 AM
AutumnLove's Avatar Autumn & Carleigh's mommy
Yeah, they had to use the vacuum, I had never heard of that before. She had no marks or anything tho, so Im not complaining.

..... ..
June 29th, 2009, 12:03 PM
soImarriedAnerd's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
dang she must of REALLY crawled up into your ribs!
Glad everyone is home and doing well. CONGRATS again. And I hope your having a speedy recovery.

oh and from a photography stand point---love the graphic picture and how it has the blood droop coming off her.....(one of the many reasons I'm a nurse--I like the icky stuff! LOL)
June 29th, 2009, 12:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats and thank you for sharing. I love the pics, she is so sweet!

Ethan is celebrating Baya's arrival on 8-24-11
June 29th, 2009, 01:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for sharing! Congrats again!

And off topic but you have a GREAT camera...those pics are so clear!!!

June 29th, 2009, 08:24 PM
monilove's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1. Great pics
2. I can't believe she was vacuumed out, I guess she changed her mind about coming out of the womb.
June 30th, 2009, 01:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Good story Thank you for sharing!!!!

July 5th, 2009, 11:14 PM
BoobyDutyAgainJen's Avatar Proud Mom & Birth Mom
Send a message via AIM to BoobyDutyAgainJen
She is adorable! I love the pics! Congrats!

Thanks *Kiliki* for the precious siggy!

July 8th, 2009, 03:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to shannonkcc
That is very sweet. She is beautiful with lots of hair. Congrats.

Thank you "Babydoll213" for a beautiful siggie.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search