Jamesen Matthew 7/7/09

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 8th, 2009, 04:57 PM
.adi.
So you guys remember me posting my thread about having contractions... I had them all day on the 6th. They would come and go and get closer and stronger. At 9 PM that night they started to feel like real contractions and didn't just disappear like they had been all day. At 1 [or was it 2?] AM I called Sabe to come get me. He was on his 24 hour duty thing so I had to wait for the replacement guy to come and then we headed out.

We got there and were stuck in a room and I was checked. 4 cm's and 90% effaced! I was so excited! I was having a baby tonight!! They stuck me in a room and hooked me up and everything. Jamesen's heart rate was doing awesome but they were having a hard time picking up my contractions. They kept coming in and repositioning it. I slept on and off. They weren't terrible so I slept through it for awhile and then I started to wake up to them.

They checked me and I was a 6. Progress! I was so excited! The contractions weren't terrible adn I just KNEW I was going to be able to do it! I went walking for a bit but got exhausted again so I went and tried to sleep. It all kinda happened very fast. They brought in a student that my dr. was trailing and she checked me. I was a 7 and the contractions were getting strong so I stayed in bed rather than walking. I was really having to breathe and concentrate through them. Next thing I knew I was being checked again and I was a 9 and they asked me if I wanted them to break my water. I was really scared of doing the pushing without an epi so I asked them to wait so I could gather myself before they did it. I was kinda freaking out a bit about it actually, lol.

After like ten minutes I decided I was ready to have a baby and we called them in. The student tried to break my water. I don't know what she was doing but it felt like she was sticking a knife up in me and shredding my insides. She tried for like 3 grueling minutes and then my dr. switched her places. She tried to break my water but was having issues as well [oh the pain! lol] so she checked me. I will never forget the look of suprise followed by a crestfallen look... "She's a 5. She's only a 5". The room cleared out and i just kinda sat there stunned for a minute. It was about 11 at this time i think.. i can't quite remember.

Then the contractions started... whatever they did made them come hard and fast and they were ALL in my back. If it hadn't have switched to back labor I'm sure I would have been able to do it naturally but I was so tired having not slept well two nights in a row and the sudden onslaught of pain coupled with the fact that I was only a 5 really got me down and I just wasn't in the right mindset to take the pain any longer.

I asked for an epi and cried through all the contractions until the guy finally came 20 minutes later. once the epi was in, I just layed there and cried. I wasn't disappointed in getting an epi, I was just overwhelmed with the fact that I thought I had been so close to my natural labor and it felt like it was stollen from me in the blink of an eye.

I still felt the contractions in one point in my right side of my uterus and they were getting really strong again so I called my dr. to come check me again. She talked to me about breaking my water and I told her I would if I was past a 5 but not until then. I just had the feeling that if they broke my water before I got past the 5, i wouldn't pass the 5. She checked me and was like "All I feel is your bag. I can break it if you want, I guarantee you're at atleast a 9." so she did. I had warned them that my water bag would be REALLY full. She barely touched the thing and it broke and was like "wow you weren't kidding!" I started laughing adn they were laughing at me because every time i'd laugh more water would gush out, lol. Sabe said that when they broke my water he saw my belly deflate As I was laughing, my dr. and the intern both went "HOLY COW! stop laughing stop laughing!!" at the same time. Apparently his head was RIGHT there and my laughing was making it come out.

I couldn't feel anything so they were trying to help me figure out wehre to push. I did a practice one and they were like "WOW!! Nice push, keep going!" so we kept pushing. I pushed through 3 or 4 contractions when they said that since I had my cyst, they would tell me when and they wanted me to push shallower and shorter pushes to help pass the cyst without rupturing it. I asked if it was that time and they said no, go ahead and do a big push so I did and "Woah! Stop pushing!!" His head had come through, lol. They were yelling out that door to get everyone else in there. They weren't expecting me to get him out so fast. After 9 minutes of pushing, the rest of Jamesen arrived at 5:14 PM.

They placed him on my stomach while they stitched me up. i got a small labial tear from his head popping out so fast. He looked SOO much like Marcus! It was insane! They took him from me after a few minutes to clean him up and weigh him and everything. Sabe got that picture my sister showed you of him doing the pouty face and he showed me. It was SUCH a marcus face!!

A few minutes later they brought him back to me and he didn't look like Marcus anymore He looks a lot like my family but I can't htink of which person specifically. We got discharged just after Jamesen was 24 hours old and we're home now. So glad to see Mister Man! I missed him so much!

Jamesen Matthew, born on his due date of 7/7/09. Weighing in at 8 lbs 9 oz and 20 3/4 inches long. Almost a full pound and a quarter of an inch bigger than his older brother who was a week longer in gestation!

Last edited by .adi.; July 8th, 2009 at 07:27 PM.
July 8th, 2009, 06:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow congrats! I am glad it all worked out well in the end.

Ethan is celebrating Baya's arrival on 8-24-11
July 8th, 2009, 06:22 PM
Martina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
congrats Adi, so happy you have your little man in your arms finally!

July 8th, 2009, 06:30 PM
fresh's Avatar Veteran
yay! congratulations! so happy for you!

July 8th, 2009, 07:00 PM
*Angela.R*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats girl, what a story!! I can't believe they misjudged a 9 for a 5!! What an idiot! So glad to hear that you have your lil man in your arms and I can't wait to see more pics!

BTW - how much did he weigh?

July 8th, 2009, 07:06 PM
AndreaRenee's Avatar raising boys...
thanks for posting your story! and hoooooray he was born on my birthday
July 8th, 2009, 07:28 PM
.adi.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2LilNathan View Post
BTW - how much did he weigh?
thanks for reminding me, lol
July 8th, 2009, 07:31 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to tracengrace Send a message via Yahoo to tracengrace
Congrats on your new baby boy!
July 8th, 2009, 08:44 PM
liveandlove0725's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations Adi!! I'm so sorry it didn't go as planned but you did great!! I am so proud of you!!
July 8th, 2009, 09:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats Adi!
July 8th, 2009, 09:18 PM
BoobyDutyAgainJen's Avatar Proud Mom & Birth Mom
Send a message via AIM to BoobyDutyAgainJen
Wow! To go from a 9 to a 5 that student dr must have really been hurting you! How crazy! I have heard of that happening before but never to anyone I "know." Stinks. I am sorry you didn't get the birth you were aiming for but sounds like everything worked out well. Great pushing!

Congrats!!

Thanks *Kiliki* for the precious siggy!

July 9th, 2009, 02:33 AM
karmaissotrue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to karmaissotrue Send a message via Yahoo to karmaissotrue
Congrats Adi....Drea and I share the same B Day now so does Jamenson (:

THANKS SO MUCH KILIKI FOR THE WONDERFUL SIGGY
July 9th, 2009, 04:24 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
i ac only imagine how deflated you felt going from a 9 to a 5. UGH. He is here and is precious good job, mama.

July 9th, 2009, 05:06 AM
Veteran
Congrats!!

July 9th, 2009, 05:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
congrats girl

July 9th, 2009, 07:06 AM
MLBelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats! What are the odds that you would have had him on your due date!

http://www.MLBelasco.etsy.com
July 9th, 2009, 07:24 AM
photophreak's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It was nice of you to let a student work on you. Anyone who has done vag exams knows it can be easy to misjudge a cervix, for a number of reasons (major one being a student! lol). What a horrible letdown to think you were 9 and then be told 5 though.

So glad your baby boy is here! He came on my brother's birthday! And you ended up with a nice labor and a vaginal delivery despite everything. Rock on girl!!
July 9th, 2009, 07:59 AM
Jade27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations Adi! He is adorable.
July 9th, 2009, 08:08 AM
*1Boy1Girl*
Girl, your birth story was busy last night, I couldn't even get in here to read it.

I'm so happy for you and boy you went through an ordeal for sure. He really is such a cutie.

How is marcus doing with a new baby in the house?
July 9th, 2009, 08:47 AM
itsmenatalie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Great job Adrienne! I'm so very sorry that you got a bad cervix check! I can't even imagine hearing that you were actually only a 5. I would have lost it. I TOTALLY would have gotten an epi after that. I'm glad the pushing was easy and so happy you have your new little one!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search