Gage Henry Born 7/5/09

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 9th, 2009, 10:56 AM
fairy9800's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to fairy9800
So as you all know, I had been contracting for what seemed like weeks. On Saturday, July 4th, they started getting a little bit stronger and closer together. I went up to L&D knowing that they weren't what they needed to be but hoping the doc would be nice and just break my water. LOL Well, that didn't happen and they sent me home. I went to bed and would wake up in the night but more from not being able to get comfortable then from contractions.

Sunday, July 5th, I got up and wasn't contracting at all at first. About 2 hours after getting up I had one and could tell right away that they were way different. They felt like I was getting stabbed in the pelvic bone and in my back. All morning long I would have one here and there but they were an hour or more apart with maybe a couple coming at 30min. Crystal (my BFF) had been camping and was on her way home so I kept her updated. When she got back into town she came over, it was about 4:30-5:00pm, and at that point I had 3 that were 9 min apart. They came out of nowhere!! LOL Once she sat down in the chair I had 2 that were 4 min apart and I told her it was time to go. I had James take the kids to my sisters and Crystal took me to the hospital. Steph(my SIL) met us up there. They took me into a room, checked me and told me I was a 5 and being admitted. At this point it was about 5:20. By the time they got my IV in and I got to the birthing room, I was a 7-8. At that point they gave me some demeral in my IV. I'm kind of sad that I did that but I didn't realize I was as far along as I was. James got there around then I think but honestly I was really out of it and don't remember much of what was going on around me. I was just trying to concentrate on letting my body relax and not to tense up so that my labor could progress. The nurse was at the computer asking me all the questions for admitting me when I told her I needed to be checked, that I was feeling alot of pressure. Yup I was a 9.

The doc came in to break my water. I told him no because I remembered how much more painful contractions are without your water. He giggled and said that at this point it wasn't going to make a difference. He broke my water, turned around and got his stuff on them told me I could push. I was in shock. My mind couldn't keep up with how fast my body was doing this. I started pushing which was horrible, the pain was so intense and the doc was making it worse. I had a hard time pushing right because of it. After a few contractions I was so sick of the doc messing around down there that I told myself I just had to push through it and get Gage out so that the doc would stop touching me. LOL I started pushing and would only come up for a quick breath then go right back to it. I think I did that 3 times and he was born at 6:35pm. It was the most amazing thing when I looked down. His eyes were open and he was staring right at me. After everything I had gone through it was so sureal to look down at my little guy and have him look right back at me. Steph was cutting his cord when I realized he hadn't cried yet and that scared me. He ended up only crying when they made him, other then that he just looked around and took it all in. I was crying like crazy. LOL I just couldn't believe that my baby was finally here. It made all the heartache and dissapointment worth it.

Gage was born at 6:35pm on July 5th 2009. He was 6lbs 9ozs and 19.75inches long. He is my miracle baby. After 3+ years of heartache I am finally able to hold my little man in my arms, a moment I have been dreaming about for way too long. I look into his eyes and just lose myself. I couldn't be happier and niether could James or the kids. Gage has made our family complete. I am still in awe of him and I'm sometimes afraid that it was all a dream and that I'll wake up heartbroken again. Thankfully all I have to do is look over at my gorgous son and know that everything really is perfect.

July 9th, 2009, 11:29 AM
AutumnLove's Avatar Autumn & Carleigh's mommy
what a touching birth story. congrats!!!

..... ..
July 9th, 2009, 01:06 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nvr.4.gtn
aww I have tears in my eyes, they haven't fallen, but oh man! Great birth story and congrats

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

July 9th, 2009, 01:31 PM
fresh's Avatar Veteran
great birth story!!! glad to hear it went so quick!

July 9th, 2009, 04:11 PM
DawnN's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations on your beautiful miracle!

July 9th, 2009, 04:25 PM
~LaurenNoel~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What a nice birth story. Congrats!

................ ...

Wesley (7.16.09) Severe GERD, FTT, Gastroparesis, Sensory Processing issues, Tube fed, (G tube currently), suspected Mitochondrial Disease, trialing Gastric Stimulator. Nissen Fundoplication 7/2012
Ruby (2.16.11)
Nissen Fundoplication and Hiatal hernia repair 10/25/11
July 9th, 2009, 05:06 PM
monilove's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats!!
July 9th, 2009, 05:35 PM
New_England_Girl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What an awesome story! Congrats on your beautiful little man! He is truly a miracle and you totally deserve it!

Married to my best friend for a decade.
Mom to:

Cassidy, 6.5 yrs. Born 10/23/07, 7 pounds 10 ounces, 20 in.

Joel, 4.75 yrs. Born 6/23/09, 9 pounds 12 ounces, 21 in.

Timothy, 2 yrs. Born 3/20/12, 9 pounds 4 ounces, 22.5 in.

July 10th, 2009, 07:24 PM
.adi.
awww.. that totally had me tearing up! congrats on your beautiful bundle!
July 14th, 2009, 07:01 AM
BoobyDutyAgainJen's Avatar Proud Mom & Birth Mom
Send a message via AIM to BoobyDutyAgainJen
Congrats on such a wonderful and adorable addition to your family!

Thanks *Kiliki* for the precious siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search