Sarah Elizabeth's birth

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 9th, 2009, 09:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Finally decided to take the time to write out my birth story. The doc thought I would go between 37-38 weeks and even more so when I was starting to dilate at 34 weeks. But alas...Sarah decided she wanted to be induced. Luckily my doc is so caring that he let me be induced on a Saturday so she could share her late great-grandmother's birthday (her middle name is the same as my grandmas was in memory of her). I went to the hospital at 6:30am and was checked in and was 4cm and 70% effaced at that time. They hooked me up to the monitors and I was having contractions 6 minutes apart. The pitocin and antibiotics were started at 8:30 and by 10:20 I was at 5cm when a doc who delivered another lady came and broke my water as a favor for my doc. Then things really took off! I asked for my epidural at 11:45am or so as the contractions were starting to really hurt and getting close together. The anesthesiologist came in at 12:15p and at that time I was 7cm. The nurses tell me then that they have called the doc and told him to come in and that it shouldn't be long (lol they knew just on how I sounded with the contractions!) I sat up and got in position for the epidural and he is numbing my back and I am screaming because the contractions were so strong. I then felt I needed to push...so they laid me down and I was at 10cm! I asked if the epidural was in and they said no....but you are having the baby right now! The nurses prepared to deliver because the doctor hadn't arrived yet and he head was halfway out as he walked in the door. I was so happy to see him! She was delivered a few minutes later at 12:33pm and was 9lbs 8 oz and 22inches long. She initially had a little trouble breathing since I had a nubain shot while waiting for the epidural but by evening she was fine. We went home June 22nd in the morning because I didn't get the full second dose of antibiotics so they had to make sure there wasnt any signs of infection in her.

July 20th, 2009, 01:32 PM
~LoViNmYbOyS~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats...big baby!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search