Lillian's Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 10th, 2009, 11:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Finally I get some time to write her birth story.

Friday, June 26th I had a doctor's appointment in the afternoon. I was 3 cm dilated and 90% effaced and my doctor stripped my membranes. After my appointment, I was having contractions every 15 minutes. I had to run some errands before heading home that I needed to do before having Lilly. I knew that I would end up in the hospital that night so I ran my errands. When I got the contractions, I would have to stop in my tracks and just breathe through them. Oh yeah, you can tell real contractions from Braxton Hicks. Wow! So I was driving home after my errands and the contractions were coming every 7 minutes. Called DH and told him to come home after he finished up his last job. Well, I had to call him back 15 minutes later and said that he needed come straight home now to take a shower and get things put in the truck for the hospital. I got home took a shower and cut up some strawberries my mom just picked for us. I was tough just trying to take a shower. Well, DH came home took a shower and we watched a movie to take me mind off the contractions. I was timing them and they were starting to come every 4-5 minutes, so I called the hospital and they told me to come in to get checked. We headed and got to the hospital at 7:30pm, got hooked to the monitors and I got checked. I was still 3 cm 90% effaced, but the nurse did a very violent 'check'. It hurt like hell! Well, she made us walk around the L&D floor to get me moving along faster. When I was walking I started to get very bad contractions and after 1/2 hr we went back to the room cause I was hurting so bad. I got checked again. Another violent check, DANG! I was 4-5 cm and 90% at 8:30pm. She called the doctor that was on call and I asked for the epi. She kinda ignored me and when she came back I said " I WANT THE EPI NOW!" She called the drug doctor that was on call. The OB got there and I was 5-6 cm at 10:00 and was hurting. The drug doctor got there at 10:30 and was given the epi. Oh my gosh, so nice and the pain went away.....for an hour and half. From 6-8 cm I didn't feel much besides pressure. Well, at 8 cm and 1:30am the contractions came back. OH MY GOSH! They hurt. The nurse tried uping my epi, but didn't work. I don't think she knew what she was doing at all. Well, so from 8cm till delivery I felt every thing. My left leg was a little numb but that was it. I pushed for 2 1/2 hrs and finally decided to sucken to get her out. They said that I would be able to get her out on my own, but it would take a little longer. By then I was after 5:00 am and was so tired that we decided to just sucken her out. It didn't take much and she was out, she was close to being out w/out the sucken. No cone head just a little soft sport from the sucken. She was born at 5:35am on Saturday, June 27th. It was the most amazing experience I've ever been through and would do it all over again in a heartbeat....pain and all. I'm glad the drugs didn't work the whole time and glad I felt true labor and delivery. She was 7lbs 8 oz and 20.5 inches long. She scored 9 out of 10 in her agpars. The first week was rough, but now she is sleeping so much better and more content. I love being a mom. Here's some pictures.

July 10th, 2009, 12:13 PM
NavyWife05's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
she is absoutley gorgeous hun congrats!!!

July 20th, 2009, 01:30 PM
~LoViNmYbOyS~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
congrats!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search