Caiden Townley L.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 10th, 2009, 04:40 PM
Niki.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
As you guys already know I have had high blood pressure since last Tuesday. I was put on bed rest until my DR told me otherwise. I cheated, yes, but according to the DR stuff like stress wouldn't make my blood pressure high the next day. So I'm only going to assume that baby sitting two days prior would have the same effect. Anyway... Sunday I was talking to DH in our bedroom and we were working out the plan just in case they took Caiden that following day (Monday). It was ironic because he asked several times if I thought they would decide to deliver him on Monday and I kept reassuring that they most likely won't. So I go to my early appointment Monday morning and of course I still have high blood pressure. It was 158/103, which was worse than what it was my previous appointment and that was 150/98. After I heard the DR give me the news, I knew he was going to deliver Caiden before my scheduled C-Section, I just didn't think it would have been so much sooner. He told me that since it's higher than before and we're so close to July 10th, he was going to go ahead and deliver the baby either that day or Tuesday (the following day). I ended up staying in the hospital overnight, which was fine by me. The nurse who put my IV in blew the first try and didn't do a really good job with the second try. So I wouldn't have liked to go home just to come back and get stuck again. Anyway, my labs came back to show that my platelets were fine, so Tuesday was the day he decided to the surgery. At 7:50 (I was off by 5 minutes) Caiden Townley came into the world and weighed 8lbs &10 oz. I was VERY shocked at how much he weighed. Cameron was only a little over 6lbs when he was born, and I was close to the same amount of weeks pregnant with him that I was with Caiden. My only guess is that when I had high blood pressure with Cameron it started earlier than with Caiden. And my DR didn't wanna deliver him passed 37 weeks. I read online that high blood pressure during pregnancy can cause the baby's growth to slow down due to the fact that he isn't getting enough oxygen from your blood. Hence why Cameron was smaller... but that's my only guess. Anyway, my C-Section went pretty well. Instead of an epidural like with Cameron, the DR decided to use a spinal block. It's quicker and it doesn't last quite as long as the epidural. It wasn't too bad going in (I totally hate needles), but it worked really really fast. I mean, like 60 seconds after he stuck me I started to get a warm and tingly feeling in my legs. Having the spinal block freaked me out though, because it felt like somebody was sitting on my chest and I could hardly breathe. It was normal according to the DR and Neurologist, but it was definitely different to me! The pain afterward wasn't as bad as with my first C-Section, which is great! Now I can move around without being in excruciating pain. I'm still in pain, but it's not nearly as bad as when I had Cameron. So I am very thankful for that. I will update with pictures later, I need to put them online from my phone and then post them.

July 10th, 2009, 06:20 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nvr.4.gtn
yay!! Congrats momma!

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

July 10th, 2009, 09:31 PM
soImarriedAnerd's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hope you have a speedy recovery and I can't wait to see pictures! Congrats!!!!!
July 11th, 2009, 09:33 PM
DawnN's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations!!

July 12th, 2009, 08:10 AM
.adi.
Scary about your blood pressure! The nurse that did my IV blew my first vein and almost did my second one too. Gotta love that when you hate needles! I'm glad Caiden is here safe and sound!
July 12th, 2009, 01:50 PM
Martina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
congratulations!

July 12th, 2009, 04:45 PM
monilove's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats!!
July 14th, 2009, 08:06 AM
BoobyDutyAgainJen's Avatar Proud Mom & Birth Mom
Send a message via AIM to BoobyDutyAgainJen
Congrats!! Glad he is here safe and sound and hope you continue to recover well!

Thanks *Kiliki* for the precious siggy!

July 15th, 2009, 07:10 AM
New_England_Girl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on your big little boy! I'm so glad you're both healthy and recovering well, and that you're not in so much pain this time around!

Married to my best friend for a decade.
Mom to:

Cassidy, 6.5 yrs. Born 10/23/07, 7 pounds 10 ounces, 20 in.

Joel, 4.75 yrs. Born 6/23/09, 9 pounds 12 ounces, 21 in.

Timothy, 2 yrs. Born 3/20/12, 9 pounds 4 ounces, 22.5 in.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search