Emily Bella 07/01/09

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 11th, 2009, 01:59 PM
starryeyedme04's Avatar Jamie <3
Send a message via AIM to starryeyedme04 Send a message via Yahoo to starryeyedme04
I woke up at 5am Wed morning to go pee as usual. I sat down on the toliet and felt a little tiny stream, but figured it was just pee so i went on to pee. I had been losing peices of my plug and I guess I had a bloody show (just mucus with some pink in it) the day before (tues) so when i wiped this time, a long string of my plug was there. I went back to bed and woke Brent up and mentioned that Bella may come today then got up to go potty again, this time, i had some fluid coming out so I knew it was my water breaking or atleast leaking. I put a pad on and went back and sat on the bed and Brent and I talked for a few mins and I called my mom to let her know (who was flying out here later that day haha) what was going on. Then I felt some more water coming out so i got up and went to the bathroom and sat on the toliet lol. After that, I started to have contractions but they werent too painful. We got things ready and got Jack up and got his bag packed for the neighbor, finished packing mine, all the while i was contracting and they were starting to hurt more and more. We left for the hospital around 6ish, I think. The contractions were def hurting by then but werent lasting too long. We got to the hospital around 6:30, signed some paperwork (while contracting) and got taken to L&D. They hooked me up to the monitor and waited on the nurse to come check me. By this time, the pain was becoming less and less tolerable as it was ALL completely in my back! I was asking for the epi, asking when the nurse was coming etc. Finally the nurse came in and checked me and i was at 5-6 cm. So we unhooked me from the monitor and walked down to my delivery room. The nurse there wasnt too nice. I kept asking for the epi and she kept taking her time getting stuff together etc. Finally after 15mins or so of being in there, she got my IV and put it in and offered me pain meds for that (I did get nubain but it didnt take effect until AFTER I had bella, not that it would've done much anyways). My contractions were getting worse and worse and I was in so much pain. My body started to push by itself with every contraction and I couldnt stop and the nurse was like don't push, don't push and im like i cant help it! I mean seriously, how do you STOP your body from pushing naturally?! I totally would've stopped pushing if i could've bc it felt like i was ripping myself new holes!!! I even told DH that I was sure I was going to end up with hemmrhoids! The nurse checked me again and i was at 7-8 cm and 10mins later, after my body pushed again, i felt more water come out so i said something came out and she ran over to check me and I was 8-9 cm. She said after 1 or 2 more contractions I would be ready to push so they started to get things together. The dr strolled right in and in 3 pushes, Bella came out! I didnt tear or need an episiotomy and im really happy about that! Pushing without an epi wasnt too bad. I honestly don't remember much about pushing. I know they kept telling me to push and no one was counting and i remember having to stop to take a few breaths LOL. I remember feeling her slide out, she felt all slimy and i remember feeling the cord dangling when they had put her on my stomach and was wiping her off but that's all I really remember, i dont even think pushing her out hurt much at all, but like i said, i dont remember much of it. While taking breaths between pushing, I remember feeling so sleepy. I def remember the pain of the contractions and my body pushing. It was the worst pain ever and I NEVER want to feel that again.

After I got cleaned up etc, we just chilled out and watched tv. We took a little nap and then tried feeding Bella bc she had been under the warmer for a little longer than most babies. The nurse came in and bathed her, another one came in and checked her hearing etc. Around noon we were moved to the post partdum room and my neighbor brought jack up to see us. At 1 brent and Jack left to go pick up my mom from the airport, which took 4 hours! My neighbor and I just hung out, watched tv and took a nap. Brent and Jack arrived with my mom, and my neighbor left with Jack and we just hung out and they ate pizza then my mom left and Brent and I and Bella just watched tv, cuddled in the bed and then went to sleep. We came home the next day around 11am!

From start to finish, my labor was about 2 1/2 hours or well i guess, 2hrs and 46mins

July 11th, 2009, 04:03 PM
~LaurenNoel~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Nice and quick. She is gorgeous, and I love her name. Congrats!

................ ...

Wesley (7.16.09) Severe GERD, FTT, Gastroparesis, Sensory Processing issues, Tube fed, (G tube currently), suspected Mitochondrial Disease, trialing Gastric Stimulator. Nissen Fundoplication 7/2012
Ruby (2.16.11)
Nissen Fundoplication and Hiatal hernia repair 10/25/11
July 11th, 2009, 05:13 PM
Send a message via AIM to starryeyedme04 Send a message via Yahoo to starryeyedme04
Thank you

July 11th, 2009, 06:45 PM
*Angela.R*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
She's precious! Do you think she will use the new hat and slippers that I sent?

July 11th, 2009, 08:31 PM
DawnN's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow! Amazing birth story. Congratulations on your pretty princess!

July 11th, 2009, 09:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2LilNathan View Post
She's precious! Do you think she will use the new hat and slippers that I sent?
Def the hat!! As soon as she fits it (or sleeps) i plan to take pics of her wearing it and then once her feet grow, i will use the slippers! Btw, thank you for them! I had no idea who sent them and never got around to posting pics of it!

July 12th, 2009, 01:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow what a fast labor. She is so cute!

Ethan is celebrating Baya's arrival on 8-24-11
July 12th, 2009, 02:09 PM
Thanks

July 17th, 2009, 08:12 PM
soImarriedAnerd's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
short and sweet! she is adorable! CONGRATS!!!!
July 18th, 2009, 06:42 AM
BoobyDutyAgainJen's Avatar Proud Mom & Birth Mom
Send a message via AIM to BoobyDutyAgainJen
Great birth story!! Nice and fast!! She is gorgeous!

Thanks *Kiliki* for the precious siggy!

July 18th, 2009, 08:30 AM
karmaissotrue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to karmaissotrue Send a message via Yahoo to karmaissotrue
So pretty ...thanks for sharing

THANKS SO MUCH KILIKI FOR THE WONDERFUL SIGGY
July 18th, 2009, 10:08 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nvr.4.gtn
congrats, she is gorgeous nak

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search