Briena Paige 7/4/09

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 11th, 2009, 08:21 PM
Mommy to Brie
Send a message via AIM to CrystalBlue Send a message via MSN to CrystalBlue
Briena Paige was born July 4, 2009 at 5:05pm. She weighed 7 pounds, 7.6 ounces and was 21 inches long.

She was due July 11th but was scheduled for induction July 6th since my doctor had shut down her practice at the end of June but had agreed to deliver her.

My water broke the afternoon of the 3rd and Ben and I drove up to the hospital when he got off work. They kept me overnight hoping that I would start contractions and finally at 6am of the 4th put me on pitocin to get things moving. The nurse kept having to come in and up the dosage when the contractions would bottom out.

They had me up to 21 before I finally broke down and asked for some pain meds. That worked well for a while but when they upped the pitocin to 23 I got an epidural. I wasn't planning on one but at that point the other pain meds weren't doing anything.

Once they administered the epi the nurse called my doctor to let her know although I was only dialated to 4cm that she needed to come up since I was 100% effaced. Within twenty minutes I was dialated to 8cm and started pushing. My doctor still hadn't arrived so after 35 minutes of pushing Briena was delivered by a resident, who quite possibly had only been there a week, with the help of two wonderful nurses.

My doctor walked in the room just after Briena made her arrival and stitched me up while the nurses were taking care of Brie. I had a second degree tear from the quick delivery and her 14 inch head.

Briena scored a 7 on her first apgar and I don't think they told me the second one.

DH and my mom were both in the room to support me and DH even cut the cord. The day before, he didn't think he was even going to be conscious during her birth but he did so well and was even able to help coach me and watch her being born. I'm so proud of him. He was the first person other than the hospital staff to hold her and even put on her first diaper. They have been inseparable ever since and she is completely a daddy's girl. He gets up with her as much as I do, does diaper changes without complaint and is completely wrapped around her little fingers.

They made us stay the standard 48 hours then agreed to let us go home. We tried breastfeeding the two days in the hospital but have ended up pumping and then giving her a bottle. Her latch is wrong for me but works alright for a bottle. As long as she is getting what she needs I am happy.

Anyway, thats our story of her birth. Thanks for reading.

July 11th, 2009, 08:37 PM
DawnN's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh what a doll! Congratulations!!

July 12th, 2009, 12:29 PM
jen44's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
She's adorable!

Chloe - 6/18/09
Eli - 2/13/12
July 12th, 2009, 12:52 PM
Martina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
congratulations

July 12th, 2009, 01:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats! She is so sweet! I love the brown and pink onsie.

Ethan is celebrating Baya's arrival on 8-24-11
July 12th, 2009, 04:21 PM
monilove's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Love the one eye open pic....congrats!!!
July 13th, 2009, 05:43 AM
New_England_Girl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on your beautiful baby girl! She's gorgeous!

Married to my best friend for a decade.
Mom to:

Cassidy, 6.5 yrs. Born 10/23/07, 7 pounds 10 ounces, 20 in.

Joel, 4.75 yrs. Born 6/23/09, 9 pounds 12 ounces, 21 in.

Timothy, 2 yrs. Born 3/20/12, 9 pounds 4 ounces, 22.5 in.

July 14th, 2009, 12:26 AM
BoobyDutyAgainJen's Avatar Proud Mom & Birth Mom
Send a message via AIM to BoobyDutyAgainJen
Congrats!! She is adorable! You can totally see Daddy's love for her in the picture of the two of them!

Thanks *Kiliki* for the precious siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search