Logan Blane born 7/5/09 :)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 12th, 2009, 05:39 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Friday I was contracting irregular all day, at dinner around 9pm the contractions started to pick up and were coming every 10 minutes. We continued our dinner and went home, me still thinking nothing about it. I was up ALL night long in pain from the contractions, couldn't sleep a wink! I spent the majority of the night/next morning in the bath tub trying to help ease the discomfort.

The whole night/next morning they were coming around 10 minutes apart, every once in a while they would pick up to 8 or 7 minutes but then would fade back to 10. Around 3pm they all of a sudden picked up and were coming every 5-6 min apart so then my mom came over, helped us get everything into the car and we went on to the hospital.

I was dilated 4cm & was 90% effaced when we arrived, they automatically gave us a room and there we were. I tossed and turned in the bed for hours from the pain of the contractions. I had the worst back labor ever!! I originally had planned to go without an epi, but the exhaustion and pain in my back lead me to do cave and take the pain medication. After I got the epidural I felt wonderful and slept for around 3 hours, when I woke up I was feeling the pain of my contractions again. The nice little magic button that is suppose to release more medication every 10 minutes was set to every 60 minutes and I now had a huge gap in my epidural so I could feel basically everything They tried to give me another one and it didn't take, so my plan of going natural seemed to be well on its way!

At around 4am on the 5th I was checked and was 9.5cm dilated and fully effaced but wasn't dilating anymore, so they decided to break my water and see if I progressed. I hadn't. There was a little lip of my cervix that wouldn't budge!! So they OB said we should start pushing and she would try to push it back while the baby came down. It worked and finally we were making some sort of progress and Logan was on his way!!

I pushed for a solid 2 hours, because of the back labor and me still feeling everything it felt better to push! My contractions were long enough to allow me to push 5-6 long times per contraction. I decided I wanted to see what was going on so we got a mirror...it was the most amazing thing in the WHOLE world watching me push this little guy out! I could see what pushing was helping and what pushing wasn't & it really motivated me to get him out asap!

We noticed once the head began to come out that Logan was faced upward...causing most of my back pain!! There was another OB in the room flat out saying that I needed a section...uhm, hello, the child's head is almost out..you think we have time for that?! Luckily the next few pushes really helped, I got his head out and with the very next push his body came out. The OB wasn't expecting it I guess because she had to catch him bare handed.

Because of his positioning his head was a little lopsided at first, but looks beautiful now! Logan was born July 5th, 2009 at 11:29am. He weighed 8 lbs & 8.2 oz and was 21.5 in long the most precious 8 lbs I've ever laid my eyes on!!!

And here are some pics of the delivery & of our little man:

just had him...Justin & I in tears

July 12th, 2009, 06:24 AM
.adi.
Happy one week today Logan!!! What a story! It was much more dramatic during the time coming from texts, lol! Sorry about the back labor. I can't believe an OB was saying you needed a section while he was crowning! crazy dr.!!
July 12th, 2009, 09:08 AM
AutumnLove's Avatar Autumn & Carleigh's mommy
Wow, you are a strong woman..Doing that much laboring at home and then minus the aid of the epi! Congrats on making it through and having a gorgeous baby boy!

..... ..
July 12th, 2009, 10:08 AM
BoobyDutyAgainJen's Avatar Proud Mom & Birth Mom
Send a message via AIM to BoobyDutyAgainJen
Congrats!! He is adorable-love the pic of the 3 of you!

Thanks *Kiliki* for the precious siggy!

July 12th, 2009, 10:17 AM
MamaRN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow that's quite a birth story! Love how you showed the OB who wanted to do a section at the last minute..

Logan is so gorgeous- congratulations!

July 12th, 2009, 11:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats! Who suggests a section when a baby is crowing? That is crazy
July 12th, 2009, 12:26 PM
jen44's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What a handsome little guy!

Chloe - 6/18/09
Eli - 2/13/12
July 12th, 2009, 01:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats Great Pics!