Adam's Birth...

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 12th, 2009, 09:52 AM
AndreaRenee's Avatar raising boys...
k so this is totally coming from someone with no experience in the birthing process and honestly, I was super afraid...

so as I said in my other post, friday morning I woke up and was pretty darn wet in my shorts... it was clear, didnt really smell but it was kinda odd, I knew I hadnt peed myself. later friday it happened again, called my doctors office and SIL (doula) to get advice... doc said I needed to go straight to the hospital to see if was amnio fluid.. so I did a buncha stuff, we put our suitcase in the car, carseat etc... prepared our house cuz I knew if it was my water, I wasnt leaving. sure enough it was amnio fluid and I was admitted.. oh my god, I got so scared! I started freaking out a bit, crying... I was just so nervous to think I'd be giving birth soon...

so they set us up in our room which was super nice and big, put an IV in, got us all settled. my doctor came to visit and wanted to start the pit drip to get my labor going which of course scared the hell out of me.. we comprimised that we'd start it friday night at midnight to give me some time to rest and see if my own labor would start b/c I had felt like I was in labor the night before and earlier that week. but nothin happened so at midnight the pit was started.. labor kicked in at 1am, I dialted 4 cm and then wanted that epi and QUICK! getting the epi was a crazy experience, I was in a lot of pain, I just wanted it to end... it felt SO wierd having the medicine kick in, the numbness was weird and actually uncomfortable but hey, I wasnt feeling pain really so I wasnt complaining.

the worst part of the epi and the pit was that of course I was in full blown labor but wasnt feeling pain but my body was reacting by shaking soooooooooo hard, I mean uncontrolable and I was sooooo unhappy, I was crying and quivering.. uggh it was terrible.. I mean the pain was numbed but my body was doing a hell of a lot of work and I was feeling that. Plus this was in the middle of the night, when I should have been sleeping to prep for birth but sleeping was impossible due to the shaking.. eventually I threw up, I got a shot of some sort that calmed down.. slept maybe an hour then...

by 730am, I started noticing i felt less numb.. i could feel on my left side some cramping and back pain.. I told the nurse and it was gradually getting worse and worse so she called the anest. doc to come and fix me up.. by then I swear my epi was almost totally worn off, I was freaking out in pain!!! I was swearing, crying, pooping.. oh man, it was soo bad! on top of it, my cathater was hurting me so bad, the nurse was trying to fix it and removed and inserted a new one while I wasnt numb! oh my god, I wanted to kill her, I kept complaining about it b/c I could feel it and it hurt so badly.. then the anest. showed up and she made me a different cocktail that my body seemed to like a lot better and she gave me that little button option to hit it if I was feeling pain which I really liked, I wanted SOME control b/c I felt so OUT of control.. once that epi kicked in I was soooo happy but also so numb it was funny.

k so then I started dialating more and more to the end and felt thee most intense pressure/pain in my rectum ever.. it was terrible, seriously awful, horrible! even with the epi! b/c the epi wasnt taking away the pressure and the anest. was explaining the epi doesnt really work on the rectum area etc.. oh my god I was like "SHUT UP IM IN PAIN!" haha.. that last part getting fully dialated and all the rectum pain was the worst part of my labor experience and there was nothing really anyone could do for me. I just layed there and when the ctx would start, I just breathed and moaned like crazy, sometimes yelling.. sometimes wanting to give up.. then I'd get a small rest between so I'd relax as best I could, waiting for the next. those horrible rectum ctxs were coming every minute, lasting a minute.. omg, it was so hard.. I wanted to give up so many times (I'm not even sure what I even meant, like I was gonna stop labor and go home or something?) The nurse would check me and I'd be a 8 dialation and I'd just cry b/c I was hoping for 10.. and she'd say she'd check me again in an hour and 15 minutes later I'd hit my call button for her and say "I thought you said you were coming back to check me..." cuz I had no concept of time, all I knew was I was in pain and wanted it to be over! I probably said that a hundred times.. finally about 12 noon saturday I was fully dialated and felt INSANE pressure in my rectum, omg it felt like a huge brick or piece of concrete trying to come out my behind.. it was crazy! so

i started pushing at 12:30pm, pushed about 4 times per ctx giving it ALL i had.. that was really hard, after each time I wasnt sure how on earth I'd make it to the next.. the nurse and my husband were so awesome, encouraging me, telling me what was happening.. I felt like superwoman! finally at 1:12pm he was out!!!! as soon as I saw his face I was instantly in love with him, I was soo happy, I didnt care about what I just went through to get him out, it was all 100% worth it.. I really loved my nurse that helped me through the last stage.. she was so amazing, in fact I really hope I get to say goodbye to her before I leave, she was perfect in every way..

they placed him on me for a good amount of time, I talked to him, he was looking at me, it was amazing... we have video of that whole part which I love..

then they took him away.. I delivered the placenta (which felt so strange), they gave me some stitches cuz I had a minor tear inside.. my epi was pretty much gone at that point so I felt those stitches going in, ewww, they offered me more epi but I was so over being numb and wanted to be able to walk soon so I declined it.

once I was all cleaned up and everyone was gone, the nurse helped me breast feed which went really well and so far he's done amazing at all the feedings.. breast feeding has been already such a great bonding experience..

we then let our family and friends come in to meet him, it was so beautiful..

overall labor was actually harder than I thought it would be, it was painful even with meds but worth every single moment to meet my little man..
July 12th, 2009, 10:11 AM
MamaRN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What a birth story!

Your back labor pains with the pit and the epi sounds just like what happened to me, I felt every contraction in my bottom and it was so painful.

Glad your little one is here and healthy!

July 12th, 2009, 10:14 AM
BoobyDutyAgainJen's Avatar Proud Mom & Birth Mom
Send a message via AIM to BoobyDutyAgainJen
Congrats!! Enjoy your sweet boy!

Thanks *Kiliki* for the precious siggy!

July 12th, 2009, 10:41 AM
.adi.
Yeah the epi doesn't always make it a cakewalk. I had a bad epi with M so I know what you mean about the shaking and all of that. I'm glad you didn't give up, lol! Congrats on such a gorgeous boy!
July 12th, 2009, 10:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats! Babies are worth everything we went through in the end
July 12th, 2009, 12:28 PM
jen44's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome little Adam!!

Chloe - 6/18/09
Eli - 2/13/12
July 12th, 2009, 01:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to SFOTraveler
Sounds like he put you through the ringer!!! : )

It is funny that you mentioned the pressure in your butt. I remember saying to the doc "It feels like she is gonna jump outta my butt!" during my daughter's labor.

Congrats on a beautiful son : )

Thanks cavewoman!
July 12th, 2009, 05:11 PM
DawnN's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations on your little prince!

July 12th, 2009, 05:16 PM
Martina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
congratulations

July 12th, 2009, 06:03 PM
Mel531's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
aww honey...virtual hugs!! what an ordeal!! but, you did it woooooo!! Adam is very handsome...congratualtions!!
Seth 7-6-98, and Joel 7-13-09

July 13th, 2009, 05:40 AM
New_England_Girl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats Andrea, he's beautiful!

Married to my best friend for a decade.
Mom to:

Cassidy, 6.5 yrs. Born 10/23/07, 7 pounds 10 ounces, 20 in.

Joel, 4.75 yrs. Born 6/23/09, 9 pounds 12 ounces, 21 in.

Timothy, 2 yrs. Born 3/20/12, 9 pounds 4 ounces, 22.5 in.

July 17th, 2009, 11:29 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nvr.4.gtn
congrats hun can't believe I missed your birth sotry. Our babies will forever get free slurpees at 7-11 on thier birthdays!!! lol

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

July 18th, 2009, 08:15 AM
AndreaRenee's Avatar raising boys...
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvr.4.gtn View Post
congrats hun can't believe I missed your birth sotry. Our babies will forever get free slurpees at 7-11 on thier birthdays!!! lol
woohoo free slurpies!
July 18th, 2009, 08:26 AM
karmaissotrue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to karmaissotrue Send a message via Yahoo to karmaissotrue
Yeah, Drea I didn't see your birth story...LoL, sounds like we had similar experiences with the epi

Adam is so cute, I saw your updated pic of him & Daddy sleeping

THANKS SO MUCH KILIKI FOR THE WONDERFUL SIGGY

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search