Max 7/9/09

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 16th, 2009, 10:22 AM
Veteran
On Thursday July 9, that morning I asked my husband if he could go into work late b/c I was having contractions all night again. I had my checkup appt that morning at 11:30 so he went in to work for a couple hrs then came home. We went to my appt and I was now 4 cm dilated and he stripped my membranes.

At 4pm contractions showed up again and it was nothing like the contractions I had been feeling for weeks. They were somewhat painful and just felt different. over the next hr they were becoming worse. Around 6 my husband started getting everything put in the car and ready to go. We got to the hospital around 6:30-6:45. Walking into the hospital was not fun, having to stop every few mins bent over in pain. I was put into my room and checked by the nurse and was told I was at 6cm. The contractions were very intense but not overwhelming yet.

The dr came in and broke my water. About 5 mins after she broke my water the pain became horrible! But I was set on not having an epi this time. Everytime a contraction came I couldn't lay back straight. I was all crooked (sp?) on the bed grabbing the railing The nurse gave me some pain med in my IV, not sure what it was, but it didnt work. Made me feel funny the first few mins then after that it was gone. All of a sudden a contraction came and I lost control and started screaming b/c I could feel him trying to come out. My husband called in the nurse. A few of them came in and was trying to get things set up. Nothing was ready. The nurse was telling me not to push b/c the dr was on the way. But I was not pushing at all! The dr came in and I had another contraction and out he came. So with 2 contractions and no pushing at all, Max was born at 8:54 weighing 6.6lbs 20.5 in long!

The pain from the delivery was horrible. I started panicing and going crazy so they put some kind of medicine in my IV. That instantly made me calm but crazy feeling. I couldn't keep my eyes open with it. was kinda out of it, saying things over and over again. I couldn't hold my eyes open long enough to see or hold max for an hour or so. That med was horrible!

Because he came out so fast I didn't have time for my bottom to stretch so I ended up with a 2nd degree tear and stitched up. This has been by far the worse recovery of all my children. I had to sit on one of those donut things for a few days. Its been a week now and I'm finally starting to feel somewhat normal.

Thanks for reading and congrats to everyone!!

July 16th, 2009, 11:03 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nvr.4.gtn
What a great story, so sorry about the meds though, ouchy!! I hope your recovery is quick!

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

July 16th, 2009, 11:09 AM
monilove's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
wow...sounds like you progressed fast.....hope you feel better soon
July 16th, 2009, 11:25 AM
fresh's Avatar Veteran
congrats! sorry about the pain and the healing!!! glad you are starting to feel better tho! take it easy (if you can...)!

July 16th, 2009, 12:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
congrats girl!!!

July 16th, 2009, 12:53 PM
DawnN's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Max is adorable! Wow did he ever come out fast! ouch,,,,prayers for your speedy recovery.

July 17th, 2009, 10:37 AM
fuzzysunshine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to fuzzysunshine Send a message via Yahoo to fuzzysunshine
Wow, that was super fast! Congrats on your beautiful boy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search