Lauren Nicole was born 7-17-09

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 18th, 2009, 05:05 AM
momma06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to momma06 Send a message via Yahoo to momma06
My babygirl has made it into our lives finally!! I was induced the morning of 7-17 and they started the pitocin at 630 in the morning. I felt the contractions every 1-3 minutes and were pretty painful. The doctor checked me at about 8 o'clock and I wasn't making much progress, I was just at a 3 still and very posterior so he decided to break my water and said if I wanted I could have the epidural when I reached 4 centimeters. OMG! I thought I was going to die.That was the worst pain I had ever felt in my life! WAY worse than going natural with my oldest daughter. After getting nauseas (no pucking!) and begging for the epidural at this state and breaking a sweat (literally!) I got the epidural right at 4 centimeters around 9-930. They stopped the pitocin meanwhile to put the epidural in. I started shaking really bad afterwards and had this STRONG urge to have a BM! I thought that was really weird and at 1040 they checked me when I was having that strong urge and I was fully dilated and ready to push!!
They had to turn off the epidural because I was still so numb after only having it in for about an hour, I couldn't push because I couldn't feel the contractions. They turned off the epi at 1043 and I had my babygirl at 10:53! I only had to push for 10 minutes! I was amazed! I went from a 4 to a 10 in an hour without the pitcoin, that was on my own and pushed for very short time. Everybody in the birthing unit and postpartum was astonished that I had a labor from start to end in 4 hours. Lauren had an extremely long umbilical cord and was wrapped around her entire body twice! I think it was 3 feet long or a little over that. She weighs 6 lbs 9 oz and is 19 and 3/4 " long. She is absolutely perfect with chunky cheeks. She was just wide eyed and bushy tailed and barely cried. At first she had trouble getting her body temp up from 96.1 degrees and they had her wrapped in two warm blankets. All we could see was her little face in a bundle. lol. She is doing great with breastfeeding and feeds for 10-15 minutes every 4 hours on the dot! She's going to be my little chunky munky. I dont have any pictures uploaded yet but I will post some as soon as I possibly can!

July 18th, 2009, 07:34 AM
BoobyDutyAgainJen's Avatar Proud Mom & Birth Mom
Send a message via AIM to BoobyDutyAgainJen
Congrats!! Sounds like she was ready to come!!

Thanks *Kiliki* for the precious siggy!

July 18th, 2009, 08:55 AM
Veteran
Congrats!!

July 18th, 2009, 09:27 AM
karmaissotrue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to karmaissotrue Send a message via Yahoo to karmaissotrue
Congrats !!! Can't wait to see pics

THANKS SO MUCH KILIKI FOR THE WONDERFUL SIGGY
July 18th, 2009, 01:31 PM
monilove's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
congrats!!
July 18th, 2009, 02:21 PM
AutumnLove's Avatar Autumn & Carleigh's mommy
Wow, four hours! Way to go Momma! Congrats, can't wait to see her chunky cheeks!

..... ..
July 19th, 2009, 07:21 AM
DawnN's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations! Can't wait to see pictures!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search