Chace W. Warnick born July 15th

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 18th, 2009, 07:30 AM
karmaissotrue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to karmaissotrue Send a message via Yahoo to karmaissotrue

Well were do I begin....

On the 15th I think I had posted a question about BH & real Contractions on the board, I was feeling like pure crap the entire day.I almost felt as if I was coming down with the flu or something, so I went into the Dr and she checked me I had progressed to 4cm but I was only like 80%. She sent me home & told me to continue to monitor my contractions and if they got more regular to go to L & D

Throughout they day they were coming but they were so irregular (5 mins, 10mins, 20 mins apart). My mom encouraged me to call her around 10pm that night because my mother knew I was in labor. I was in somewhat denial, I was waiting for a big gush of water, or some bloody discharge to show up.

So I call the Dr answering service and told them I was contracting, my Dr was in surgery so I waited and waited to about 11pm and decided to just go lay down for the night. Around 12am my Mom comes running downstairs (we live in the same gated community 1 floor apart) and tells me my doctor is on the phone. By this time I was knocked out in a deep good sleep, Will was sleep and I really didn't feel like going anywhere (still thinking it was a false alarm)

So my Dr tells me to come n in to L & D and we'll take it from there. So I throw some clothes on (pissed) because I had finally gotten comfortable in my sleep position.

We get to L & D and my Dr checks me ...I was still 4cm 80% , but the way I was contracting I should have been making progress. I didn't realize it but I was having big contractions, I guess I have a high tolerance for pain. Because once the Dr looked at my strip from the monitor she said, "Have you been having contractions like this all day?" and of course my answer was "Yes" she then said I was in active labor all day

So she says I'm going to induce you, the baby is ready, he's a good size for you to delivery vaginally.I'm so narrow and I wasn't dilating anymore, and my cervix was so tight, she tried to stretch me out before she gave me protocin to see if I would dilate on my own but it wasn't happening.

So I decided ...to just go ahead & have her start the protocin and get things moving...they started the IV around 2AM, the contractions kicked in & finally they were at a regular pace.I was doing really good with the pain @ about 8am my Dr came in to check me & I was only around 5cm. I knew from early on I wanted an epi so she advised me to go ahead and get it because she was going to break my water & once to broke the water things were going to get intense.

I got my epi (which wasn't bad at all, I thought I was going to scream to the top of my lungs), she broke my water & things started to pick up fast. But I was still feeling the contractions on my right side, so they had me turn to my right side to try even out the medicine flow. Once I turned to my right side my left side started to feel them. By this time I was screaming (if you ever saw the movie "Knocked Up" I was like Allison while she was in labor ). I was losing control of the pain and it was getting to me.So my nurse called anesthesia again, they came in & gave me a top off which didn't work & about 20 mins later they gave me something else which was stronger. I have no idea what it was but it helped, my nurse called it "The Bomb Juice"

I was so exhausted I decided to take a nap to try to regenerate my strength, I just knew I would be pushing for like 3 hrs or so. My doctor came in around 11:45 am to check me I went from 5cm to 8.5cm in no time. Then she came back like 20 mins later & I was fully dilated...

So now the pushing part....my nurse coached me on for my one practice push and all I saw was my doctor running into the other room putting on her gear. I pushed Chace out in about 20 mins

Will cut the cord & they took Chace away..I started to freak out because every time you watch shows they always put the baby on the mother's cheat unless something is wrong. Was something was wrong but not with Chace with me. I started to hemorrhage really bad and my Dr was trying to stop the bleeding. I knew I had anemia but I didn't think it was that bad, I had stopped taking my prenatals which was a bad choice, I was on the border line of needing a blood transfusion.

All & All I had an excellent delivery & I love my new Dr & the nurse that was in the room with me (some of you may remember my original Dr was transferred about a week and half before I had Chace). I did tear a little but it's all worth it, to see my son being born is the best feeling in the world. I still cry sometimes when I look at him, he's the best gift God could have ever given me in life (sorry to get religious & sorry if I offend anyone)

Chace arrived at 12:32pm on July 15th 6lbs 14oz 19 inches long with gray eyes...I'm not sure if they'll change but if they do they won't be dark brown like mine

THANKS SO MUCH KILIKI FOR THE WONDERFUL SIGGY

Last edited by karmaissotrue; July 18th, 2009 at 02:19 PM.
July 18th, 2009, 07:36 AM
New_England_Girl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Awww, what a great delivery! Congrats, he is just precious! Thanks for sharing.

Married to my best friend for a decade.
Mom to:

Cassidy, 6.5 yrs. Born 10/23/07, 7 pounds 10 ounces, 20 in.

Joel, 4.75 yrs. Born 6/23/09, 9 pounds 12 ounces, 21 in.

Timothy, 2 yrs. Born 3/20/12, 9 pounds 4 ounces, 22.5 in.

July 18th, 2009, 07:54 AM
Veteran
congrats!!! he is beautiful!!

July 18th, 2009, 08:10 AM
AndreaRenee's Avatar raising boys...
Candy, great birth story and your little one is just sooooooo cute.. I'm so happy for you!

I could totally relate to when you said your epi wasnt working right, omg that happened to me and I felt out of control with the pain, I was freaking!~ and yes wow you must have a high pain tolerance b/c once I dialted to 4 at the hospital I was begging for the epi..
July 18th, 2009, 11:59 AM
fresh's Avatar Veteran
he is so handsome!

July 18th, 2009, 12:27 PM
monilove's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
cutie looking like daddy...
July 18th, 2009, 01:19 PM
AutumnLove's Avatar Autumn & Carleigh's mommy
Thanks for sharing your story with us! I can't believe you had that many contractions and full labor for so long and didn't realize. Congrats on a very handsome lil' man!

..... ..
July 18th, 2009, 06:45 PM
*Angela.R*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow! What a story! He's sooo handsome, he weighs only one more ounce than my lil guy! Congrats mama!

July 19th, 2009, 04:53 AM
~LaurenNoel~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
He is a cutie. Congrats!

................ ...

Wesley (7.16.09) Severe GERD, FTT, Gastroparesis, Sensory Processing issues, Tube fed, (G tube currently), suspected Mitochondrial Disease, trialing Gastric Stimulator. Nissen Fundoplication 7/2012
Ruby (2.16.11)
Nissen Fundoplication and Hiatal hernia repair 10/25/11
July 19th, 2009, 06:23 AM
DawnN's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What a handsome little guy! Congrats!

July 19th, 2009, 08:11 AM
BoobyDutyAgainJen's Avatar Proud Mom & Birth Mom
Send a message via AIM to BoobyDutyAgainJen
He is adorable!! Congrats!!

Thanks *Kiliki* for the precious siggy!

July 19th, 2009, 06:25 PM
Send a message via AIM to karmaissotrue Send a message via Yahoo to karmaissotrue
Thanks Ladies (: I love my little man so much and as most parents I'm bias I think he the cutest thing in the world (: I can't wait until he starts smiling and acknowledging his Daddy & I

And I can't wait for another one ,3 or 4 years down the road

July 21st, 2009, 08:44 PM
.adi.
Marcus had gray eyes for a long time. i thought he would have brown like his daddy but they turned green like 5 or 6 months ago. don't be surprised if Chase has gray eyes for awhile.

Congrats on a gorgeous little man! He really is the cutest thing!
July 31st, 2009, 03:16 PM
latavia's Avatar Mom 2 a Prince & Princess
Popping in from Dec DDC
Congrats and He is so handsome

Thanks Vicki for my wonderful siggy
August 1st, 2009, 12:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KamsMommie View Post
Popping in from Dec DDC
Congrats and He is so handsome
Oh thank you so much !!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search