Coco Bea DeGroot, 7/19/2008, 8lb 7oz

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 20th, 2009, 08:48 PM
fresh's Avatar Veteran
i was scheduled to be induced on 7/21, my due date (according to the dr), b/c i had gestational diabetes. i didn't want to be induced, so i decided to try some natural inducers...

friday, i went back to my OB even tho he didn't need to see me again, and i got my membranes swept. we ate taco bell that night with hot sauce. i walked (but we do that every day). we had sex. i tried nipple stimulation and pressure points.

i was getting little contractions and BH, but nothing spectacular.

saturday night, i dumped a ton of dried basil and oregeno on my dinner. so much that i thought i probably wouldn't be able to eat it, but i did and it didn't taste bad at all. i also had a coke, which i don't normally have.

about 4 hours later, at 1:30am, my water broke!! yay! i was sleeping and heard/felt a crazy pop, but nothing came out, no wetness, nothing. so i thought '**** the baby just karate chopped me'. i went back to sleep, but about 5 minutes later i felt a little bit of dampness. i stayed up for a while and tried to figure out if it was pee or waters. finally decided it was waters, started getting contractions.

went online to time contractions, they were 1 min long, about 3 min apart. but every now and then they were 6 min apart. i did not want to go into the hospital with false labor. but they finally started hurting, i woke up my DH and told him i thought i was in labor. we left about 20 minutes later.

when we got to the hospital, my water finally gushed in the parking lot. i told DH that we would be walking in there looking like i peed myself, but who cares at that point.

they put us right into a labor room without checking dilation or anything. the contractions were getting worse and i had to sit on the toilet for them b/c water would gush each time. the nurse didn't want me to sit on the toilet, b/c they needed to check and make sure it was really my waters. whatever.

then they left us there for about 20 min. i was kinda pissed. i wanted my epidural. and i knew it needed to be quick, b/c i was really progressing. the contrx were about 1 min apart now.

they finally got on the ball. i got my epi. it didn't take on one side. i was okay breathing thru them, but i was glad when the epidural guy came back and fixed it. then it was too strong, but i wasn't complaining at that point.

the nurse checked me and i was at 7-8cm and a -1. within about 10 min, they called more nurses in and things got weird and they said to get an OR room ready and get me in there. i asked what was going on, they were having me lay on my right side, left side, right side, left side. this happened with my last birth - low heart rate. so i asked it that was what it was, the nurse said 'no'. then about 5 min later, they had me start pushing. so within about 10 min, it went from emergency c-section to PUSH! i was so confused, but happy that i was still in the labor room. (and it was low heart rate, i don't know why she said it wasn't).

my OB still wasn't there, they gave me a shot to slow down contrax. when my OB finally got there he was being the biggest ******* to the nurses! i was shocked, he is very nice and calm usually. they had me start pushing, i didn't feel a thing. my OB asked if i was expecting a bigger baby this time, b/c it was taking a while (my first baby was 6lb 5oz and came out in 4 pushes). i asked him what he thought. but she finally came out, i was able to see it all.

i was super surprised when they called the weight at 8lb 7oz. she has a ton of hair. and she had so much vernix all over, they said she was 'really cheesy'. it was funny. i was covered in it after holding her.

overall, water broke at 1:30am and she was out at 5:24am. very quick and relatively easy (thanks to the epi). the nurse said that next time i have a baby i really need to let the nurse know that i have super quick deliveries. i told her that next time, we are getting a puppy. i am done with being pregnant.

no wonder i was so uncomfortable in the end of this pregnancy, this is a good sized baby!!!

she is a doll, feeding like a champ, but we might be having some latch problems. i want to see what happens when my milk comes in before i get in touch with a lactation consultant.

ETA: i had calculated 7/19 as my due date, b/c i was pretty sure i knew our conception date. i even had an appt set in my phone to "have a baby". glad it worked out.

here is one pic, more to come!

Last edited by fresh; July 20th, 2009 at 08:54 PM.
July 20th, 2009, 09:33 PM
monilove's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
wow....congrats... I'm glad it worked out for you. I got heart burn just reading what you drank / ate hahah..
July 21st, 2009, 10:22 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nvr.4.gtn
congrats mommy! She is gorgeous. So glad it ended with vaginal and not a section

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

July 21st, 2009, 02:24 PM
~LaurenNoel~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We had the low heart rate issue, but his almost stopped. I'm glad you got a vaginal delivery. She is a cutie-pie.

................ ...

Wesley (7.16.09) Severe GERD, FTT, Gastroparesis, Sensory Processing issues, Tube fed, (G tube currently), suspected Mitochondrial Disease, trialing Gastric Stimulator. Nissen Fundoplication 7/2012
Ruby (2.16.11)
Nissen Fundoplication and Hiatal hernia repair 10/25/11
July 21st, 2009, 03:25 PM
AutumnLove's Avatar Autumn & Carleigh's mommy
Well congrats!! You worked hard for that delivery, wow! She is absolutely adorable, Im sure worth every second.

..... ..
July 21st, 2009, 06:59 PM
*Angela.R*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Crazy how those contractions can come so quickly and hard when your water breaks like that! I had it happen too, and I was wanting my epi right away, unfortunately it didn't really kick in much and I felt pretty much EVERYTHING when it came time to push.

So glad to hear that you got your vaginal delivery! Congrats mama!

July 21st, 2009, 07:58 PM
DawnN's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow! You did super and so quick too! She's beautiful! Congratulations!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search