Allison Grace M. 7/15/09

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 22nd, 2009, 10:02 AM
Platinum Supermommy
This is my 3rd attempt at writing my birth story. Every time I start, it's time to eat. =)

I went to be induced at 12am Wednesday morning. I had been having early signs of labor so, we decided to do it that night instead of waiting until Thursday or Friday, and I had not taken my blood thinner for the day.

DH and I arrived at the hospital just after midnight and by the time I was all signed in and in my room, it was 1am when the nurse started the Pitocin. For more than 12 hours, I pretty much felt nothing. I was getting the maximum dose of Pit and was still smiling. I thought I might get lucky and be one of "those" women who didn't really feel the pain. Sadly, I was wrong. Not only was I in no pain, I was also not progressing. I was 1-2/70%/0. The nurse felt that if the doctor broke my water, I would progress. I did not want my water broken before 4cm. Herein lyes a dilema. What do I do? I was told my doctor would be in at lunch time and he would break my bag. Lunch time came and went...no doctor. But now, I'm feeling pain. Actual pain that is not only hurting but promising. The doctor called me and apologized for not coming in, that his office was too busy. He would come in after hours around 5. I was excited. I was having pain now. Maybe I would get to 4 before he got to me! The nurse checked me and I was 4. I was hurting. Badly. And I wanted drugs. I got Nubain and I loved it. I could deal with the pain and wasn't doped up. It didn't last. Doctor came and broke my water. By that time, I was breathing like a pro..in through nose, out through mouth....hard. I felt like the contractions were right on top of the other. I changed positions several times, used the ball, it helped move her but I was in unbelieveable pain. I was given morphine. That was pointless. I slept between contractions and was in agony during. 9:15 pm, the nurse checks me and i'm 6. 6?!? That's it?? I told her, "you have to help me. Show me another way to get through this." She said the only other thing was an epidural, which I couldn't have. I told her to stop the pit, call my doctor, I wanted a c-section. I couldn't take anymore. She asked me when the last time I took my blood thinner. It was Monday afternoon. She then told me there was an anesthesiologist at the desk and she would ask him what he thought. She returned with him, said they spoke to my OB, and all were in agreement that enough time had passed since my last dose and that I could have an epidural. Do you have any idea how happy I was? In complete agony but happy. I was 6cm, got the epidural at 9:30 pm and delivered at 10:38pm. Right after the epidural, I had the strongest urge to poop. I knew it was the baby coming down. To me, it felt like she was coming out. They checked me, had me push once, called my doctor. While pushing, her heartrate would drop so, I was on oxygen. When she came out, I only heard a little cry. I told DH to go with her to the warmer while they woke her up. For what seemed like an eternity, I didn't hear anything. I kept asking was she okay, and they held her up to show me. She was fine, awake, and just looking around. For 2 hours she barely made a sound and just seemed to study mine and DH's faces when we held her. Allison Grace born 7/15/09 at 10:38 pm, wt: 5lbs 10oz, 18 in. No episiotomy. Just a small labial laceration.

I was so proud of my husband. He hates hospitals. Hates blood. Hates to see me hurt. Each time I had a contraction, he would talk me through it, rubbing my back where it hurt. He didn't think twice about all the blood and amniotic fluid dripping as he helped me from the bed to the ball, to hands and knees. And, even though he thought watching the birth would bother him, he was right there holding one of my legs, helping as I delivered her, and never left my side even after I had her.

Now, 7 days old, Allison is nursing beautifully, has already gained weight, and doesn't like to sleep between 1 and 5 am. It's the most amazing feeling in the world. I never, ever knew I would or could love someone so much. She's so precious and perfect. I'd do it all over again in a heartbeat.

I've decided that Pitocin is an evil, awful drug. Any woman that can get through a pit induction without any relief...I bow at your feet.

Mom to 3 beautiful kids
Expecting our newest baby girl, diagnosed with Down Syndrome with Verifi, October 2014!
July 22nd, 2009, 11:27 AM
DawnN's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree 100% with the pitocin being evil. UGH! Had it with first and ... I'll leave it at that! lol

Congrats on your daughter! Can't wait to see lots of pictures. Sounds like hubby did real well too.

July 22nd, 2009, 01:23 PM
Mel531's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
aww congrats!!! I will gladly agree with the pit devil!! lol. I had it 4 out of 5 times...this last time seemed the worse though, I did them all med free...but, Im pretty much insane...I can definitely understand why anyone would want an epi, or heck, to be knocked unconscious for that matter, it IS awful!
Seth 7-6-98, and Joel 7-13-09

July 22nd, 2009, 02:17 PM
BoobyDutyAgainJen's Avatar Proud Mom & Birth Mom
Send a message via AIM to BoobyDutyAgainJen
Congrats!! Welcome to the world Allison!

Thanks *Kiliki* for the precious siggy!

July 22nd, 2009, 02:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nvr.4.gtn
yep another pit is the devil vote!! I would never have it again thats for sure. it was far easier to have a natural labor and child birth.

Congrats to you and the baby!!

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

July 22nd, 2009, 03:20 PM
monilove's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
congrats!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search