Johnathan Jarrett 7/22/09

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 22nd, 2009, 07:42 PM
Oriyan's Avatar Platinum Superdupermommy
So, here is Johnathan Jarrettís birth story
So, we were scheduled to be induced on Tuesday July 21 at 8am.

We were finally taken back and admitted by 10am. This was after the mieddwife tried to talk me out of the induction and scare me with c-section statistics and I reminded her that this was a medical induction. Ohhh yeah. Duh.

We started at 2-3cmís, 80% effaced and -2 station. Pitocin was started at 11am on 2. All was well.

They upped me to 4, and then 6. 6 I had some nice contractions. They were not painful, just annoying. And they were in my back.

Around 12pm, the central monitors went down so that meant anyone who was on pitocin had to be bumped down to half their doses because the nurses couldnít track all the patients and their babies.

By 2pm everything was working again. So we got me up to 8 for the rest of the night.

8 had me going with nice contractions. As I progressed through the night, the pain I was having was all in my lower back. Baby was posterior and I was having back labor. UGH! Eventually, I was bumped to 10 and was increasingly more uncomfortable, but, I just did 16 hours of labor without any pain meds.

By 3:30/4am, I was 7cmís, 100% effaced and -1 station. We decided to get things moving more by breaking my water. Water broke, was a little trickle. I was told Iíd eventually get a small gush. She felt that maybe there was a little meconium in the water, but not much. She said she would have the pediatrician in the room when the baby was born just in case.

All heck broke loose after that.

The VERY next contraction left me in excruciating pain. No faster then the midwife left, I was screaming for an epidural and in hysterics because of the pain. The pain was unbearable and almost made me feel like I was going to pass out, and I ended up throwing up instead, and the rest of my water came out and I swear, it had to have been 2 liters worth. The midwife and nurse were shocked at how much water was EVERYWHERE. The bed, the floor, everywhere! Next, I had to get through 6 contractions before the Epidural Lady came in. She was horrible and had an attitude. There I was in the worst pain ever and she expected me to be able to listen to her instructions of donít make my back move. (like I can control that..your sticking a GIANT needle into my back!!!!!!) I stayed at still as I could and the stupid you-know-what missed the space and ended up in a vessel. She had to do it AGAIN. Once she got it, she gave a small test dose, and it was only taking on my left side. She hooked everything up, and taped me up with medical tape (which I told her not to do because I am allergic and now have blisters on my back) and I lied down. It took another 30 minutes before the right side went numb. I FINALLY got sleep after being awake for 25 hours. I managed 3 hours of sleep. By morning, I was comfortable and sick to my stomach, vomited again, got some Zofran, and was 9.5cmís and +2 station. My midwife said there was just a small lip left, and she was gonna let me get rid of that lip. So I waited about 90 minutes before I called her back and said I was feeling a lot of rectal pressure.

I was checked and ready to go! I was SO concerned about not being able to feel pushing because I was so numb I couldnít move my legs or my ab muscles.

So we started pushing.

Why doesnít anyone explain how much that hurts even with an epidural? I was screaming and screaming because of the pain and burning.

35 minutes after I started pushing, J.Jís head was out! He was coming out on his SIDE! 1 more push and he was completely out.

J.J was born at 10:41am on July 22, 2009. 7lbs, 12ozs, 21 inches long, 13 inch head. Apgar was 9/9 both times, and the pediatrician was not even needed. He was born with a nice head of hair, BIG feet (I mean BIG feet)

We tried to breastfeed right away but J.J just wanted to cuddle with mommy and sleep. And make a massive poop on mommy too. (I mean MASSIVE)

I have a 1st degree tare that looks more like I was cut. Itís like a perfect straight line. I also managed to rip my labia in 2 places and those were stitched too.

How come no one mentions how SWOLLEN you are down there after birth? Holy crud! Never in my lifeÖÖ

DH went with J.J up to get cleaned and get his testing. He did fine with his Vit K shot (did not even cry!!!) and did not even flinch during his newborn screening heal sticks. J.J does not like diaper changes or baths thus far. He passed all his tests with flying colors.

So in the last 40 hours Iíve had 4 hours of sleep. J.J does not seem to like breastfeeding at all. The lactation consultant agrees but, will be back tomorrow to assist me some more. He just has a very very poor latch and pretty much refuses to latch and suck. I have my pump with me, so I pumped about 5ccís of colostrum and got that to him. He seems to enjoy a bottle much better, but I told the LC that I really want to try to breastfeed.

J.J is a pretty easy baby so far. He only cries when he is hungry or needs to be changed. Sweet!

Even though I wanted to go epidural free, I am very proud of myself for making it 16 hours without an epidural and 5 hours with.

J.J also has DH's blood type O+. Very rare for baby to completely take on dad's blood type but he has! So tomorrow, i get Rhogam.

DS2: Lucas "Luca"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IVF #1: October 2008
July 22, 2009: Johnathan Jarrett is born! 10:41 am, 7lbs, 12oz, 21.5 inches

FET #2: March 2013 (Medicated cycle)
November 25, 2013: Lucas Ryan is born! 8:46 pm, 8lbs, 8oz, 20 inches (No epidural!)

Last edited by Oriyan; July 22nd, 2009 at 07:58 PM.
July 22nd, 2009, 09:12 PM
monilove's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats!
July 22nd, 2009, 10:37 PM
BoobyDutyAgainJen's Avatar Proud Mom & Birth Mom
Send a message via AIM to BoobyDutyAgainJen
Congrats on such a gorgeous baby!

Thanks *Kiliki* for the precious siggy!

July 23rd, 2009, 09:52 AM
Angel_Maker
Wow, your labor experience sounds just about as horrible as mine

My "epidural lady" put my epi cath in a vessel twice!!! And then only numbed one side...

Your tearing sounds very painful I hope you heal quickly and that they send you home with some good drugs to take

JJ is absolutely perfect! WAY TO GO MAMA!!! When things settle down, make sure to post an update for the TTCwMA ladies
July 23rd, 2009, 10:51 AM
*Angela.R*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats!! Sorry your birth experience was not that pleasant. He really is a gorgeous baby!

July 27th, 2009, 10:58 AM
DawnN's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh he's beautiful! Congratulations!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search