Lindsey's birth story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 25th, 2009, 07:16 AM
LindsAyla's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Finally...I'm posting my birth story!!!

On Tuesday morning (July 14th) I started having pretty strong contractions at 9am...and, my 39 week doctor's appointment was at 9:30am, so I figured instead of heading to L&D, I'd go to my dr's appointment. I was told I was still 4cm dilated but had progressed to 90% effaced. She then stripped my membranes and stretched me to 4 1/2cm and told me that when my contractions got so bad that I couldn't walk/talk through them...then to head to L&D. It was a loooonnnggg day from there on out. My mom drove me around store to store to keep me walking, and most of the contractions were VERY intense. I stuck it out as long as I could, and my mom, me, and my DH headed to the hospital at 8:30pm. They checked my cervix, and I was dilated 5cm, so they told me to walk around the hospital for 2 HOURS, and if I progressed more...they'd admit me. UGH! So, we power walked around the hospital and surrounding roads for 2 hours. I was so exhausted! lol The contractions were no joke at that point...so I went back in to get checked and was 5 1/2cm. I only dilated a 1/2, but it was enough to admit me...yayyy! The nurse told me to let her know when I wanted the epi, and I told her I wanted to try to go as long as I could without it. She said she wasn't going to check me anymore until I ask for the epi, and if I was already 8cm or more, I couldn't get it...eek! So, they gave me IV meds (Stadol, and Cerebril--or something lol), and those were awful! I felt like I was hallucinating...seeing and hearing things that weren't there, so when those wore off there was NO WAY they were giving me more...so, I finally asked for the epi. And, omg...what a miracle. I didn't realize how wonderful the epi was going to be (6-7cm at this point). So, I tried to get some sleep. They had the blood pressure arm band set to take my BP every 15 minutes, so sleep was almost non-existant The next morning, my midwife came in and said my contractions slowed while I was sleeping, so she started me on pitocin and broke my water. Around 2pm, I was in excrutiating pain...contractions were on top of eachother, and I was having horrible back labor. I was shaking and had a low fever but felt like I was burning up. I have a VERY good pain tolerance, but I was bawling my eyes out...I was so overtired and didn't think I could handle it anymore. My tailbone felt like it was going to come out of me I finally called the nurse to come check me, and she said the baby was so low she could probably see her head so she called my midwife. It was time to push. I don't know what hurt worse...when I pushed or when I didn't. Turns out...Ayla was stuck on my tailbone so as soon as she would almost come out...she'd go back in. She was twisted...she WAS posterior, but when she labored down she turned...but not fully. After an hour of pushing, our sweet little angel arrived at 5:18pm on July 15th. She was worth every second of the pain. The nurse figured out why I was in so much pain the last 2-3 hours...my epi cord came unhooked from the epi meds...so I pretty much experienced natural labor at the end, and boy, I give you natural labor ladies major kudos because that was WORK! lol
July 25th, 2009, 06:24 PM
AndreaRenee's Avatar raising boys...
quite the story my dear! I totally know what you mean by the pain in your tailbone.. uuug that was the WORST part for me. And I give u major kudos for waiting for the epi, I had mine at 4cm and I needed it BAD!

glad your baby girl is here safe and healthy!
July 27th, 2009, 10:03 AM
DawnN's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ouch! My mom actually fractured her tailbone delivering me. I can't imagine.

Congratulations! She's just precious!!

July 30th, 2009, 10:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nvr.4.gtn
congrats! Great birth story, and natural is not that bad, you got i worse since the pain came from no where, with natural you gradually work up to the pain

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

September 5th, 2009, 08:15 AM
New_England_Girl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Way to go, Lindsey! I had back labor with my first, and you're right, it's no joke! Ayla is gorgeous, of course! Congrats!

Married to my best friend for a decade.
Mom to:

Cassidy, 6.5 yrs. Born 10/23/07, 7 pounds 10 ounces, 20 in.

Joel, 4.75 yrs. Born 6/23/09, 9 pounds 12 ounces, 21 in.

Timothy, 2 yrs. Born 3/20/12, 9 pounds 4 ounces, 22.5 in.

September 12th, 2009, 07:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
natural was not as bad as i thought i was going to be, but that back pain in out of this world!! i'm glad she got here safe and sound!!

thanks so much BAM for my awesome siggy!

October 7th, 2009, 07:43 AM
BoobyDutyAgainJen's Avatar Proud Mom & Birth Mom
Send a message via AIM to BoobyDutyAgainJen
Tailbone labor doesn't sound fun!! Congrats on your cutie!

Thanks *Kiliki* for the precious siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search