Briar Anthony. July 9th forty weeks exactly!!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 27th, 2009, 11:42 AM
BrittneyLA's Avatar Mom of three boys!
I went in for my weekly check up in July 8th, at that point my doctor thought it might be a good Idea to induce me cause i was only 2 cent, and my first son was a good size and born four days early. I decided I wanted to do it as well, I was ready to meet my new baby boy. So that evening at 7 o clock I was admitted into the hospital. The nurse could not even tell what i was at because he was so low, I was already minus two, she went ahead and inserted the gel. Within an hour I was feeling the contractions, They were unbelievably uncomfortable because he was so low...the back and tailbone pain was insane.

We did one more insert of gel, and an hour later i got into the tub it was eleven at this time, I was there for an hour and was having hard contractions every 2 minutes that lasted about a min each...I thought I would be at least a five at the niext check. So when the time came and I was still only a three I was bummed. It was One am when she said we would have to do the petocin. I was so afraid, I had it with my first son and it made the contractions so much harder. I knew i could do it naturally since I had done it before though. The back labor was so intense for the next three hours.

At four am my doc came in and said I was at five and ninety percent and about minus three. They broke my water and the pain got so much worse. At eight o clock I was at seven, by nine I felt worse rectal pressure than I was already having so she checked and I was at nine...I felt that it would take awhile for the baby to come so when the rectal pressure started getting worse about ten minutes later, I didnt think much of it. At nine thirty i called the nurse back she checked me at 9:35, and I was ready to push...she called another nurse back cause the baby was right there and she thought he would come before my doc could make it. She got him on the phone and I started pushing. With two pushes he was out to his ears and still no doc. She told me not to push...I thought she was insane. I started breathing through the contractions and the burning...at 9:45 the doc came in had enough time to throw on some gloves and at 9:47 Briar Anthony was born. He had the cord around him like a beauty sash, and was very blue. He was ok though...He was born with facial bruising and broken blood vessels in his eyes, they said its cause he came out so fast. I believe its because he was out to his ears for so long. I thought he was going to be smaller than his brother and when I saw him I even said "He is so much littler than kaiden". But he ended up being seven ounces larger at 8 lbs 2 and 20 1/4 long.

July 27th, 2009, 12:27 PM
~LaurenNoel~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aw, what a sweetie.

................ ...

Wesley (7.16.09) Severe GERD, FTT, Gastroparesis, Sensory Processing issues, Tube fed, (G tube currently), suspected Mitochondrial Disease, trialing Gastric Stimulator. Nissen Fundoplication 7/2012
Ruby (2.16.11)
Nissen Fundoplication and Hiatal hernia repair 10/25/11
July 27th, 2009, 02:11 PM
DawnN's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Look at all that hair! Love the picture of the two boys!! So cute! Congratulations!

July 27th, 2009, 03:04 PM
AutumnLove's Avatar Autumn & Carleigh's mommy
You have such adorable boys!! Congrats on doing that hard labor naturally, thats amazing!

..... ..
July 27th, 2009, 06:35 PM
.adi.
Jamesen was boen on his due date too!!! I love his hawk
July 27th, 2009, 08:23 PM
monilove's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats!!
July 28th, 2009, 09:56 AM
BrittneyLA's Avatar Mom of three boys!
Thank you all! All I almost wimped out But my nurse was amazing and told me I had done so well I could keep going...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search