Kaisen Isaiah Parker

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 21st, 2009, 04:32 PM
orrickster's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to orrickster
Kaisen was born Monday July 13, 2009 at 12:24am, the day I was supposed to be induced.
I had my 40 week appointment on Thursday the 9th and we set an induction date because the doctor was worried the baby would be too big if we waited much longer. Throughout my whole pregnancy I didn't have 1BH or contraction, and I didn't start losing my mucous plug till after 40 weeks, so I figured I'd definitely have to be induced.
Over the weekend I lost quite a bit of mucous plug, but didn't really think anything of it. Sunday me and SO decided to spend the day with his 3 kids since we hadn't seen them in awhile and won't see them much once the baby was here. We went to Mackinaw, half an hour away from where we live and where the hospital is, to swim at the lake. It was fun until I started to get some strong pains in my lower stomach. I wasn't quite sure what they were at first. I figured I'd been doing too much work and needed to chill out. So I went to the beach area and sat down. A little bit later we left. The pains were still coming every few minutes. That's when I realized they were contractions. We left the lake and went to my parents house, which is right up the road from the lake, to eat dinner. SO fed his kids while I took a warm bath to see if the contractions calmed down. I went to the bathroom first and lost a chunk of bloody mucous. My contractions slowed down in the bath, but picked right back up as soon as I got out. I ate some dinner, then SO and I decided we'd take the kids back home so I could go home. The kids live in Atlanta, which is 45 min from Mackinaw and then half an hour from Bloomington, where we live. The whole drive to Atlanta, my contractions were getting stronger and closer together. By the time we dropped the kids off, we decided to head to the hospital. So we stopped home and SO grabbed our bag, then straight to the hospital.
I had to get antibiotics for the Group B Strep and had to wait 4 hours before I could give birth. After the antibiotics, they gave me the epideral, which was awesome. About 4pm Sunday is when the contractions started, got to the hospital at about 7, got the antibiotcs at 7:30. I was hoping they'd break my water at 11:30, but they didn't call the doctor till bout 11:45. So he didn't get to the hospital till at 12. He broke my water and Kaisen practically shot out. 8 hours of labor and bout 20 min of pushing. It was awesome! I pushed his head out and got to watch the doctor pull him out, they put him on my chest and I couldn't take my eyes off him. It was the most amazing experience! Throughout my pregnancy I was expecting this big kid, at least 9 pounds, and thats if he came out on my due date. He ended up 1 week late and was only 8 pounds 4 ounces.

Sorry it's so long, thanks for reading!

Steph (24)

August 22nd, 2009, 05:22 PM
AutumnLove's Avatar Autumn & Carleigh's mommy
Sounds like a wonderful birth! Congrats on Kaisen! Im glad you are back to posting.

..... ..
September 5th, 2009, 09:06 AM
New_England_Girl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow, what a beautiful little boy! Congrats, Momma!

Married to my best friend for a decade.
Mom to:

Cassidy, 6.5 yrs. Born 10/23/07, 7 pounds 10 ounces, 20 in.

Joel, 4.75 yrs. Born 6/23/09, 9 pounds 12 ounces, 21 in.

Timothy, 2 yrs. Born 3/20/12, 9 pounds 4 ounces, 22.5 in.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search