My birth story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 11th, 2009, 05:18 PM
Veteran
I was feeling really bad running fevers and crampy and just not feeling right since the first, the doctor thought i had a virus so she just told me to rest. well it was getting worse so i called her on the 2nd and she said just to come in and she would take a look at me. so I hung up the phone and was up getting ready and i felt a gush, yep.... my water broke. so I called her back and she couldnt believe it she told me to go to L&D so off we went. I was only 36 weeks along, and as you all know having trouble with him growing.
it was a 40 minute drive so its a good thing i didnt have any contractions, the ones i did have were 15 minutes apart and not really painful wich i had been having for a while.
so we got their and checked in, i got hooked up to the monitors and she immediatly did an amnio swab and guess what it came back negative.
i was like WTH???? i was laying their with fluid gushing out of me and it was negative. so after 15 minutes she came back into the room and i said ummmm maybe you should try it again, their is a pool of fluid under me, and so she did and it came back positive. that would have been a mess if they sent me home since it was prom (premature rupture of the membranes) wich can cause infection, wich I ended up getting anyways, but well get to that later.
so I just layed their and waited and waited for a couple hours and the doc came in I still wasnt having real steady contractions, so she said that they needed to induce me and get some pitocin going that she dont like to wait for more than 3 hours after the water breaks and not have something happening due to a chance of infection!
so they started the pitocin and on the lowest dose it kicked them babies up, I was feeling pain in no time!!! she checked me and i was a good 3 cm dialated, and hour later, the nurse came in and the pain was so excruciating yes i was screaming, it felt like someone was ripping a bowling ball from my stomache lol..... the nurse checked me and all she could feel was a lip so she called the boss in and all she could feel was a lip of the cervix, so they called the doc in and got everything ready, i was thinking no, I need an epidural i cant do this without one. OMG!!!!

the doc checked me and realized i was only at a 5cm she said that my cerivix is very different and hard to find? anyways, i got to have my epidural and it was the best thing ever!!!!!! i couldnt feel a thing.
a few hours later at 12 midnight i believe we were ready to push, I had never had an epidural with either of my other kids, (stupid me!!! lol) so i didnt know what to expect but it was easy i pushed and didnt feel a thing!! it was great. at 12:35 am he was born. he apgard 9 and 10
and cryed immediatly. he was 5 lbs 12 oz 171/2 in. long.
we did great in the hospital, but nursing didnt go so well, the whole time i was spiking fevers up to 104 and he didnt want anything to do with nursing but i kept trying, when we got home i had to switch him to formula becuase he went from 5lbs 12 oz to 5lbs 4 oz in less than a week.
I tried to pump but i just couldnt get enough. i was heartbroken because i was so deadset on nursing him. but have come to terms that i want him to be healthy and grow!!
afm~ well still today im running fevers, my body is crampy where my kidneys are, i went to the doc he said its probably a post partum infection but they are hard to find they could hide anywhere, so he put me on antibiotics, wich arent helping by the way lol... still running fevers!! and i go back tomorrow and see the doctor again. they did run urine cultures, i just hope they find something soon, its almost impossible to care for a newborn when your sick yourself.
Asher is up every hour on the hour feeding, its good but man hard at night!!!
thank you ladies for letting me share my story, it all went off without a hitch except this darn postpartum crap, but Asher is doing good and thats what matters!!

September 12th, 2009, 04:28 AM
Christine_D's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats and thanks for sharing your story!! I LOVE the name Asher and he's a cutie. I hope you feel better soon and they can clear up the infection. I can only imagine how hard it must be to take care of a newborn when you're not feeling well yourself. Try to rest and KUP!

Thanks to HeatherW for the great siggy!
September 12th, 2009, 12:10 PM
Veteran
epidurals are the best thing ever i want to kiss who ever invented it lol.....

im starting to feel a little better hopefully there is a light at the end of this long sickness tunnel

September 12th, 2009, 05:36 PM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations!!! Sorry you aren't feeling well. Hope it goes away soon

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

September 12th, 2009, 09:04 PM
Peytonsmomma
congrats girl!
September 13th, 2009, 01:14 PM
billie1978's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats! Asher is a handsome little fella.

I hope you start feeling better soon.

September 14th, 2009, 07:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
great story! Asher is so cute and I'm glad you've worked out his feedings. The impt thing is that he's happy and thriving Now we have to focus on your health! Hopefully the antibiotics kick in soon and you'll feel better. Hang in there and thanks for sharing!
September 14th, 2009, 01:33 PM
CohensMommy's Avatar Super Mommy
Awh what a precious little man!! Congrats, he's beautiful!

xo
September 17th, 2009, 02:28 PM
Veteran
a little update... I ended up having a dnc and losing over 2 liters of blood.
there was an extra piece of placenta that grew, i know weird lol....
anyways its gone, and hopefully waiting patiently for that to fix the problem.

September 18th, 2009, 05:22 AM
jhappy36's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jhappy36
Congratulations on your handsome lil man. I LOVE that name! I'm glad they figured out what was wrong and did the DNC procedure so that now hopefully you can begin to mend.

And...I know exactly what you mean with the Epi's...I didn't have them with either of my first 2 deliveries. I had one last time and was like...WOW...I'm such a dork for not getting them before. Hehe. I literally hung out with my midwife chatting all evening until it was time to push. Doesn't get much better!

September 21st, 2009, 12:33 PM
TulipDawn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TulipDawn
Congrats on the arrival of you little one...glad they were able to figure out what was wrong...
September 21st, 2009, 05:29 PM
Snowpeas
Congratulations! I hope that you're able to feel better very soon.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search