Nolan Joshua's Birth Story - Spetember 6, 2009 (6 lbs 9.5 oz, 19.5 in)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 14th, 2009, 10:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
So... as many of you know, at my 36 week appointment, I was 3 cm. The night after my appointment I had some further cramping and BH's... so who know's where I was at when everything started on Saturday night....

DH and I had done some running around throughout the day, and finally decided to put the car seats in the vehicles. I was kind of discouraged all day long, having decided that even though I was dilated, I was not going to be having the baby over weekend, like I had felt throughout the week. But I also felt a bit icky, and a bit anxious. That night I had a really upset stomach - lots of gas. We went to bed, and right away I started cramping, but thought it was probably just my stomach acting up. I got up around 11:30, and used the washroom, and realized that it didn't make anything feel better... so I started thinking that this could be it.
I was having contractions every four minutes or so at this point, and then started leaking fluid with each one. I wasn't sure if I was just peeing myself, because I didn't have a big gush that I would have associated with my water breaking. I went and woke up DH, and he came down to start time contractions. They were 3-4 minutes apart at that point (around 12:30) so we called our doula. I talked to her for a bit, and she thought that from the sounds of it, I wasn't in enough pain during each contraction for me to be very far along... in all reality, I was just trying to be really polite on the phone!! Things started getting more and more instense, and I could fine any position to make it feel better. i finally put a towel down in the shower and sat there with the hot water coming down, and it felt SOOOO much better. but then we ran out of hot, and I had to get out. At that point, they contractions were so painful that I was getting really scared. DH called our doula again, and she could hear me in the back ground, and decided that it was time for her to come. I talked to her quickly, and told her that I wanted to go to the hospital. She said to try and stick it out at home, but if I changed my mind, and decided to go, to call her, and she would meet us there. I went upstairs to use the washroom, and one the way back down I started getting really shaky, and then proceeded to throw up all over our floor... twice... before I made it to the bathroom. At this point, it dawned on me, that I might be in transition! That is when I decided we needed to go. DH was trying to clean up my puke before the cats got to it (gross, I know), and I was yelling at him to hurry up. We finally left, and got to the hospital. We walked into L&D at the same time as our doula (3:00 am) and got admitted right away. I lucked out as there was no one else in the L&D triage! They made me try to lay down to get the 20 minutes of strip that they wanted on the baby, but it wasn't working because I could lay still through the contractions. The nurse confirmed that my water had broken, and then checked me... I was 9 cm.
So, I got zipped back into a L&D room, and labored there for a couple of hours - all I had was one tiny lip left, which just WOULD NOT GET OUT OF THE WAY. We tried different positions, the nurse tried holding it cack during contractions, everything. My body started pushing on every 4th or 5th contraction, without me being able to stop it. It was horrible. I finally asked her to check me again, and she said those 3 glorious words... "You're 10 cm!!!". She told me to labor through a couple of more, and then we would strat pushing. That was at 6:10 am. Well, with one or two pushes, Nolan slipped right down, and the doctors came rushing in. I finally gave in, and used the foot panels, and with one or two more contractions, he crowned. Two more pushes and he was here! He was born at 6:31 am. Oh my goodness!!!!!! I couldn't believe it! And neither could anyone else! Since it was my first time, it was expected that I would be pushing for at least 1 - 2 hours.
Anyway - Nolan was cleaned up, and I got stitches to repair two tiny little tears, and that was it. I had to have an IV with some pitocin because I had a little extra bleeding right after delivery of the placenta. But that was it - I got my med-free delivery!!!!!!! Nolan nursed right away under the guidance of my awesome doula, and within about an hour and a half he was fed, I was showered and fed, and we were on our way to PP. Wow - what an experience!!!!!

Anyway - I was a touch sore for the next day or two, but already by yesterday my one set of stitches stopped even being noticeable, and my other ones started getting a bit tight and itchy feeling, which means they are well on their way to healing up as well!

Read more: http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f9...#ixzz0R6RjIXGf
September 14th, 2009, 01:30 PM
CohensMommy's Avatar Super Mommy
Wow, that sounds so exciting :] Congrats on your natual delivery!!!!

xo
September 18th, 2009, 05:23 AM
jhappy36's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jhappy36
Congrats!! It sounds like things went fairly well for you. Yeah.

And where are the pics? Tee hee hee....We'd love to see them if you are able to post any.

Take good care of you and baby and rest if you can!

September 18th, 2009, 03:08 PM
Super Mommy
Sounds like a great L&D to me! I hope I am able to labor all that way at home too Congrats on you little one, can't wait to see pics!

September 21st, 2009, 12:31 PM
TulipDawn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TulipDawn
Congrats on your delivery and the arrival of your little one!
September 21st, 2009, 05:59 PM
Snowpeas
Congratulations on an amazing birth

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search