Halleigh Brynna Grace

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 1st, 2009, 11:55 AM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Kierasmom
Tuesday morning I got to the hospital at 6:30am for my induction. I was being induced because of high blood pressure, and she turned to a head down position after being breech the week before. My doctor didn't want to take a chance that my BP would keep going up, or that she would return to breech position.

After we got set up in our room I requested a ultrasound to make sure she was still head down before we started. Initially the nurses didn't want to cooperate, but when my doctor came in he agreed with me. He did a quick ultrasound and she was head down, ready to go. I was 2 cm dilated, and he tried to break my water but couldn't reach it ,so he decided to let me labor with pitocin for a while first. He encouraged me to get a epidural incase anything went wrong, and it could possibly help keep my blood pressure under control. I agreed even though I wanted a natural birth, as I have done a few times in the past. I had a feeling I would need it. It was the best epidural experience I've ever had. I barely felt a thing and it was in quickly. All epidurals should be that good.

My blood pressure continued to rise dangerously high despite being given BP meds a few times. It was kind of scary, but I knew I was in good hands. My doctor came back after a couple of hours and broke my water. I was 3cm then and she was still head down. They turned up the pitocin and I continued to labor for a while more. The contractions started to get more intense. Suddenly I started feeling this constant pain across the front of my uterus, even when I wasn't having a contraction. I thought it was odd and have never felt anything like it. The nurse decided to check me. I was 4cm but something didn't feel right to her. She had another nurse come in and check me and they agreed that it didn't feel like Halleigh was head down. They rolled in the ultrasound machine again, and my doctor came in. He checked and sure enough my little princess had flipped back to breech. My doctor couldn't believe it. He said he hasn't seen anything like it. Then he broke the news to me that I would need a c-section. I just cried. Everyone was nice and reassuring, but a c-section has been my biggest fear in child birth all these years.

My doctor called the OR and told them to have it ready within the next half hour. Everything went really quick. I was SO glad at that point that I already had an epidural because I didn't need to be stuck again while I was so emotional. They gave me some stronger meds in my epidural. I honestly felt like taking a nap the whole time. My doctor got set up, they checked where I could feel(I could feel up by my ribs, and could move my feet), and DH came in. My doctor got started, and within 10 min I could hear Halleigh crying. At that point I was to focused on her, and drugged up to care that I was still in a c-section. They unstrapped my arms and DH brought the baby to see me. I touched her, and kissed her. Then DH, the baby, and nurses came back to our room. They were checking her out while my doctor finished sewing me up. In the very end I got some of my feeling back. Nothing too painful, and the anesthesiologist knew. He was ready to give me more meds but my doctor was putting on the finishing staples so we held off. I went to recovery for an hour. My blood pressure was great
at this point. Everything went well and I went back to my room.

I kept my epidural for the first night because I was nervous about how it was going to feel. My doctor doesn't normally allow it but he wanted me to be comfortable after everything that happened. I was given a couple of bags of pitocin(very slowly), pain meds, and antibiotics. I was really comfortable the first night. They took it out the next morning and the pain wasn't as bad as I thought. Getting up didn't hurt as bad as I feared. I've had some very uncomfortable moments but vicodin and motrin are treating me well.

My recovery is going smooth so far. Hopefully I will be able to go home tomorrow. Nicholas' 6th birthday is then. He predicted a month ago that Halleigh would be at his party, lol.

Halleigh is doing great. Here are her stats...

Halleigh Brynna Grace
9-29-09
8 pounds 8 ounces
20 inches long
1:54pm

Michael(17), Devon(15), Nico(10),
Kiera(9), Joshua(6), Isabel & Sebastian(5),
Halleigh(4),
Liam(3), Ronan(1)
October 1st, 2009, 12:08 PM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
She's just beautiful!!
I know you didn't want a c/section but in the end, her being healthy and you being healthy is all that matters.
Vicodin huh? With my first they gave me demorol and with my 2nd they gave me percoset but I refused it and just took motrin.
The first night is the worst and by now you should feel a lot better. I hope you make it home for your sons birthday.

October 1st, 2009, 01:35 PM
Snowpeas
Congratulations. Sorry she flipped for you at the last minute (sounds like she's a feisty one, lol) but your doctor sounds amazing and it sounds like an overall good experience.

Enjoy that precious little one!
October 1st, 2009, 02:00 PM
TulipDawn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TulipDawn
She's so precious! Congrats!
October 5th, 2009, 05:51 PM
~Constance~
~Awwww! So cute! Congratulations!~
October 7th, 2009, 06:18 PM
hoping4more
congrats sounds lie you have a great doctor. they tried everythign they could it seems. glad your experience was good after all. and your daughter os beautiful!
October 7th, 2009, 08:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
CONGRATS Tara!!!
October 11th, 2009, 03:16 AM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
Congrats Tara she is beautiful

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (5), Mianna (4) and Harper (2), WTTC our first together, in 2015.
October 11th, 2009, 12:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Congrats!!!!! She is just gorgeous!!!
October 11th, 2009, 06:32 PM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
I'm sorry that you didn't get the birth you were hoping for but I'm glad that you and Halleigh are both healthy. She is gorgeous!

October 11th, 2009, 07:25 PM
GracieNAmelia'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to GracieNAmelia'sMommy
She is BEAUTIFUL Congrats

October 19th, 2009, 09:21 AM
AllMyBlessings's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry her birth didn't go as planned, but I'm glad you are both doing so well! Congrats on your sweet baby girl!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search