William Walter Wyatt's birth story.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 2nd, 2009, 12:04 PM
*Jennifer*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi everyone. I'm finally posting my son's birth story. I'll start with the night before I went into labor.SEPT 23RD - My parents and bro came over for dinner to celebrate my birthday. Normally, we would go out, but I just wasn't up to it. After dinner, I didn't feel so well. Dh didn't feel well either, so I thought it was the food.********************************************* *******************SEPT. 24TH - 4:30 AM: I awoke with the urge to pee, and then...GUSH....my water broke! It just kept coming and coming. I woke up DH and said it was time to go to the hospital. Luckily, we had everything ready and in the car so it took no time to get going. I called the hospital and said we were on our way. We then called my parents before my dad left the house to go to the gym then work. I got to the hospital and was put in a room and put on a monitor. This was not the delivery room though. I got checked for dilation. I can't remember how dilated I was, but I know that I progressed quickly. I started asking for the epidural, but since this was not a delivery room, I was only given morphine. It didn't help. I finally got moved to a delivery room where my ob checked me. Unfortunately, he was not the one to do the delivery since he had appts during the time I delivered. I forgot to mention that I got the epidural as soon as I was transferred to the labor and delivery room. The epi was FANTASTIC, until I started getting an ice cold sensation from within. I guess my brain was substituting pain with cold. Since the epi was in an IV form, the nurse gave me a bolice (sp?). I could feel the relief right away. *******************************************HAD A SCARE - I did have a scare, but everything turned out okay. The baby's heartbeat dropped to 80 and it dropped quickly. My mom ran out into the hallway to get help and the dr said to have everyone cleared from the hallway in case I had to go for an emergency c-section. Fortunately, his heart rate went back to normalTHE DELIVERY - Before I started pushing, the bed was positioned to I was practically sitting up. I guess gravity was supposed to help things along. The nurse had me practice how I was going to push and hold my breath at the same time. That was the awful part. I'm not talking about the pushing. I'm talking about holding my breath. I would have to hold my breath and push, take one deep breath, hold my breath again and push. I vomited the first time I did this and was put on oxygen. The epidural IV was turned off so I could feel the pressure and know when to push. Suddenly, I felt like I had a giant poop stuck. I knew it had to be his head and sure enough it was. At that point, I pushed with everything I had to get him out. I had no idea he was out until I heard the commotion all around me. I looked up and saw my beautiful baby boy! *********************DH cut the umbilical cord and baby was cleaned up. As he was being cleaned and weighed, the Dr. was putting in my stitches. I had to have an episiotimy, which I didn't feel at all. I did feel the stitched though, so I started saying "Up the wave, down the wave...Up the wave, down the wave." That's what I would think in my head when I would get a contraction that I could feel. I would also think it after each push. I would also think.."The possum goes up the trellis, the possum goes down the trellis." Don't laugh at me...I was in labor!So there is my son's birth story. My beautiful baby boy who I love more than anything in the world.
October 2nd, 2009, 12:31 PM
Snowpeas
I well remember the "giant poop" feeling. It sounds weird but that's exactly how it feels.

I had to LOL at your phrases, they are cute but they worked!
October 2nd, 2009, 04:51 PM
Dh thought I was praying, since I was chanting while staring at the ceiling. Hey, it worked!
October 3rd, 2009, 08:55 AM
TulipDawn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TulipDawn
Congrats on your little boy! What a great story - glad to hear the scare was short lived!
October 5th, 2009, 05:49 PM
~Constance~
~A great story! I remember focusing on a bright hazardous waste sticker while I was dealing with tough contractions. I went over all its' qualities like 'it's orange(breath breath), 'the lines go up here and around here" (breeeeath)and look it says d a n g e r". LOL! Whatever works, right? Congrats!~
October 7th, 2009, 05:48 PM
Thanks ladies!

Lynne - I agree. Whatever works!
October 19th, 2009, 09:12 AM
AllMyBlessings's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on your little guy! I'm glad all is well with him!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search