Greyson's Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 3rd, 2009, 07:33 PM
billie1978's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Greyson Elliott
Born September 29th @ 7:43 am
6 lbs. 14 oz. 19 3/4"

I woke up Tuesday morning at 5 am with uncomfortable and slightly painful contractions coming every 5 minutes. I went back to sleep and got up at 5:45 to get the kiddos up and

start getting them ready for school. Shortly after, the contractions were every 3 minutes and quite a bit more painful. I started feeling like this could be it so I paid more attention to

timing them. They very quickly went from slightly painful to very painful so dh and I took the kids to my parents house and headed to L&D. On the way to the hospital, the

contractions were coming every two minutes and were extremely painful. Once we got to within 10 minutes of the hospital, it seemed like every stoplight we came to was freaking

RED! So, I told dh that if he could run the lights safely to run them because the baby was coming soon. We ended up running 4 or 5 stoplights. We made it to the hospital right

when I was in the middle of a contraction so dh ran in to get a nurse and a wheelchair (this was 7:10 am). I couldn't wait there, so I followed him in and the nurses were

like..."What? She's actually walking in here?" I couldn't help it, the pain was bad and I was worried that the baby could come any second. The nurses wheeled me into an

emergency room and I told them that the baby was going to come fast. One of the nurses checked me and I was dilated to 10 cm with only a little tip of cervix left. She told the

other nurse to bring in some equipment because it looked like we were going to have the baby right there. Thankfully though, they decided to rush me up to a delivery room and I

got the IV (for Strep B ) just before my doctor came into the room. There was no time for an epidural....I pushed 4 times and Greyson was here. It was an amazingly fast labor...my

contractions started at 5 am and Greyson was born at 7:43 am. Greyson's cord had a "true knot" in it, but they said that it never pulled tight. If it had, he could have died from it.

They said that if they get knots like that, they get the knot when they are smaller and still able to move freely around in the womb. So, the knot had been there for a while, but

thankfully, his cord never pulled tight and everything is ok.

I love him so much already. He is so sweet and precious and I feel truly blessed to have him in my life.

October 4th, 2009, 02:54 AM
TulipDawn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TulipDawn
Sounds like a great birth experience...congrats!
October 4th, 2009, 03:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
wow what a fast birth , was this your first time delvering natural?

October 4th, 2009, 04:58 PM
billie1978's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyomama View Post
wow what a fast birth , was this your first time delvering natural?

Yes, this was my first natural birth. I've always gotten the epidural, but I was considering trying to do it naturally this time since it will be my last. I didn't have a choice though because it was so quick, but I'm really happy that it was drug free. I felt totally great right after his birth. I wasn't groggy and I think I started recovering so much quicker this time around. It's kinda like I just popped back to normal right away. I was out of bed walking around doing things only a couple of hours after he was born. The entire birth experience was completely different and although it was so painful, I loved it!

October 4th, 2009, 05:48 PM
GinaS.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
WOW, that is an amazing story!! Congrats on your little one and on your natural birth!!
October 5th, 2009, 05:35 PM
~Constance~
~That was fast! Congratulations!~
October 15th, 2009, 10:34 AM
Snowpeas
Wow, you barely made it in time! Incredible!

Scary about the true knot, so glad that it never got pulled tight!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search