Sophia Lorelei is here!!!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 9th, 2009, 09:32 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
Miss Sophia Lorelei aka Sophie
born October 5th 2009 at 1:39am
6lbs 2.4oz and 19 1/4 inches

Sunday morning at 8am I rolled over in bed and felt a feeling and said... YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!?? I laid still for a moment making sure there was not a huge gush and said to Scott, "Okay I am so not joking, but I'm pretty sure my water broke." I got up, went to the bathroom, put on a pad and I knew for sure thats what it was. I was so suppose to watch my friends little girl at 8:30 so i started calling to try to get a hold of her before she brought her over. I got in the shower and and Scott keep trying to call. He finally got her before she headed over. I still feel bad.

I took my time in the shower and told Scott that since I was only leaking that we would just chill at home and get stuff in order and all that. Clean up, do laundry, get the kids clothe set out for the next few days and all that. Scott went over to tell our neighbor what was going on since she was going to be keeping the kids. She thought I was nuts just chillin at home.

I finally called the doc about 1 and he asked if I was contracting I said a little here and there nothing bad, then his next question was what number baby is this? I said 7 and he was like um yeah you need to get to the hospital now. HA

We got up to the hospital about 2... got in the room they did the strip test to make sure that my water had broken... surprise it did... likely was a big leak at that point. It was a bunch of just chillin for a while. I sat in bed with the monitors on, they got the IV going... finally got my strep b results which were negative thankfully, and then they started pit. Now had I known once pit is started you cannot get out and walk around I would have said no lets wait. But oh well.... the birth didn't go as planned at all anyway.

They were having a problem keeping Sophie on the monitor so they decided to put in the internal monitors. Before this point though my water REALLY broke. When they checked me I was only 2 cm dialated, very thick and she was VERY high up. They were saying +4 station. All I know is I have never had internal checks hurt so bad! Though its kinda funny... the race was going and the doc was talking smack about the racers during all this checking and putting in of monitors.

Eventually the monitors were not working internally, they tried it on her little head 3 times. Poor baby has marks on her head from it. they ended up just going back to the external ones... once she dropped down she stayed on. Once the contractions got going after 7pm she had gone down to a 0 station things started hurting more and I was still only 3 to 4 cms.... seems I was there FOREVER. I decided it could be a long night, some sleep would be nice I decided lets go for an epi. At that point it seemed there was more pressure and the contractions were getting more intense... I was worried that it was gonna go fast and I wouldn't be able to get the epi again and it would be all out of control. HA! If I only knew what was gonna happen.

Finally they get the epi going I think it was like 730-8pm once it was in.... I lay back down and we wait to see if it took effect... one side was all good and feeling numb, the other could still feel the contractions in one spot and my leg wasn't as numb. They had me roll to my side for a bit to see if that would help, but it didn't. Then they tried to adjust the epi cath a bit to see if that would help, and well.... it didn't. Eventually the epi was totally worn off. I had ALL feeling. they wouldn't come and take it out and let me get up at that point so I was stuck in bed laying there trying to get through the contractions. SO NOT EASY! I felt like if I could just get up and walk or rock it would help, but I couldn't.

All this time of being on the pit, they kept adjusting it cuz I never seemed to get into a good pattern. I would have a few steady close together and all and then they would space out again. the nurse just kept saying... once you are in labor. OY! So like the whole time I wasn't yet in labor... just gearing up for labor. LOL I would say around 1130 ish I told Dh that I wanted to be checked to get the nurse cuz I was feeling that I gotta poo a little feeling... I basically just wanted to know if I was progressing or not. I was starting to get to where I was getting upset worried that if we went till 8am and she still wasnt out they would do a c-sec. She came and finally checked me and said that I was at 6 1/2 and 90%. I think it was 2 more contractions or so that I said I wanted some stadol. I am totally against meds like that, but being stuck in that bed on my back.... I couldn't deal. I know if I would have been able to have been up and been in the shower or something she would have likely fallen out! oh well.

So they give me the meds... I am able to kinda sleep, or rather be knocked out between contractions, of course I would wake up at the peek. I was SOOOOOO freaking hot! Scott was like its not hot in here... but I was feeling like I was sweating and all, it was HOT, to me anyway. I started feeling pressure another check and I am at 7-8cms..... the nurse didn't leave the room after this..... a few more contractions I told her that I feel like I need to push to make it not hurt so bad. She checks me again says im 8 1/2, but can't push yet. She called the doc to come in.... well another contraction and basically told her i can't help it im sorry I have to push.... she said okay push a little, I think thats when she took the cath out, the doc came in gets one glove on and im still pushing, they say stop pushing for a sec and breath.... YEAH RIGHT! But I did try to stop a sec, the doc got the other glove on and out she came.

So once again the doctor barely made it. I was so happy she was out, and she was so tiny!!!!! I guess while I was going mad with the contractions the nurse told DH that she thinks baby would be born at 130... and she was out at 139. ha ha ha. The placenta came out really fast after she was born, and I had no tearing at all. Which is a first for me. It is a huge difference in recovery thats for sure.

Her apgars were 9 and 10. And she was just perfect! she was nursing within an hour of being born and was wide awake for several ours. So calm... so far she seems to be a very calm baby. Knock on wood.

While it wasn't the experience I thought it would be, she was well worth it!!! The nurse said that once labor got started she new it would be fast, and said that it was 2 hours. It was just the getting into labor that seemed to take a long time again, sorta what happened with Bella.

We were discharged on tuesday, just after she was about 36 hours old. She saw her doc wednesday at 2 days old and her weight was down to 5lbs 10oz, but she is doing great!!! No worries about being jaundice, she is nursing awesome and is a wonderful addition to our family.

October 9th, 2009, 09:51 AM
TulipDawn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TulipDawn
Congrats on your little one!
October 9th, 2009, 11:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Great story! Congrats! She is just a tiny little thing! How big were your other kids?
October 9th, 2009, 02:25 PM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on the new addition

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

October 15th, 2009, 10:19 AM
Snowpeas
Congratulations - what a tiny little bundle!

Wow, laboring on your back is not fun - I had to do that with Olivia. Being able to move makes all the difference.
October 15th, 2009, 08:58 PM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Kierasmom
Congratulations Jenn!

Michael(17), Devon(15), Nico(10),
Kiera(9), Joshua(6), Isabel & Sebastian(5),
Halleigh(4),
Liam(3), Ronan(1)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search