Jaxon, Oct.10, 2009

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 11th, 2009, 05:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
In the wee hours of Thursday morning I kept getting awoken by contractions that were quite uncomfortable... different than my ptl ones. Throughout that day they got stronger and closer together- every 5 minutes starting at around 12pm. They were mild-medium painful but I could continue to talk and walk through them, so I got some housework done.

Called my OB later that day and she said go to the hospital, especially since I was only 35w 3d preggo. We got to l&d at 10pm and the NST showed regular (3-5 min) strong contractions but there were no cervical changes from prior so I was sent home. Before that I was given 2 smooth muscle relaxants... I was told that they would either stop labor or would decrease the contractions so I could sleep that night.

Well, that didn't work. They got much stronger and there was no way I could sleep. Lying down made them worse and I had to stop and breathe through them. It was the longest night ever.

At 10 am, the next morning after a horrible night of 12 hrs of laboring at home, we went into see my OB. I was then 2 cm dilated and the amniotic sac was buldging through my cervix. She said the muscle relaxants were responsible for prolonging my labor.

Went home and packed my bags and went back to the hospital. I requested no IV catheter and they were happy with that- I was 4cm dilated at that point. I was allowed to walk around as much as I wished which was the only way for me to work through the contractions. As things got more intense, I went into the birthing tub. It was so nice, a huge jaccuzi type tube in a private room with music. After 1 hr in the warm water the contractions got very intense... every other minute. I was just so so tired after 36 hrs awake and heavily contracting for 24 of them. I asked for a peri-dural anesthesia at this point. I was very proud I made it to 8cm dilated all on my own with no meds! DH was great support.

After the block, it was wonderful. There was immediate relief, but I could still feel and move my legs. My butt was completely numb, lol, but I was okay with that. I fell asleep for about 2 hrs which was awesome! My water had still not broken even at 9cm, so that was done for me. After that everything went fast. I could feel his head going lower and lower.

The midwife started asking me to push, but then I believe that she noticed the baby was a bit distressed. She didn't let on, but went and got the hospital's head gyno who just happened to be there because of a cesarian. We tried another 30 minutes with me pushing and someone else pushing him through my belly. I was still calm then and was able to discuss everything. I need an episiotomy and the vaccuum suction to complete the delivery but in the end he came out at 3:15 am.

I saw him for a moment (he was gorgeous!) but he was immediately rushed out of the room, as he was not breathing too well. He had to go the nicu right away without me holding him or seeing him more than 5 sec. I had to stay while I delivered the placenta and got stitched up. They came back and said he was fine. I got to see him in the nicu about 2 hrs later.

He never had to be ventilated, but he was put on the CPAP and started on IV antibiotics. He was a very impressive 5lbs 15 oz and 19 inches long. He is the most gorgeous thing I have ever seen and I think I could spend a lifetime looking at him! He is doing very very well... pulled out his own CPAP line, drinking pumped milk from a bottle, and peeing and pooping.
7 lbs 6 oz, 21 inches

Last edited by **jessie**; July 1st, 2010 at 10:18 AM.
October 11th, 2009, 05:39 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Looks like you had a good birth other than Jaxon's trip to the NICU. I'm glad he's doing wll though and it sounds like he'll be home soon. Thanks for sharing your birth story and congrats again to both you and DH.

October 11th, 2009, 06:22 AM
~Ivy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh wow! I'm so glad he's doing well! (Jake extubated himself..LOL These guys are hard headed!)

With any luck, he'll be home real soon. Sounds to me like he's a big, strong guy!

Congratulations!!!!

My Blog

October 11th, 2009, 06:38 AM
Amanda_Marie's Avatar Mommy to Owen
Congratulations! Thank you for sharing your birth story. I'm glad to hear everyone is doing well!

Thank you Tasha_Mae for my beautiful siggy!
October 11th, 2009, 11:29 AM
MReel11008's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats! and thanks for sharing too! It wont be long and you will have your little man home with you! Our boys seem to be hard headed and do what they want when they want in this DDC!

October 11th, 2009, 11:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
It does seem are little men are quite opinionated in this ddc! But I am thankful every day that all of our preemies are doing so well.

Thanks to all of you who read my birth story. I know it was quite long. I had a great birth even though there were many interventions, but I believe they were all the right decision for me and Jaxon. I'm so excited to get to read everyone else's birth stories over the coming weeks.
7 lbs 6 oz, 21 inches
October 11th, 2009, 05:59 PM
rhill4455's Avatar Mom to 3 girls and a boy!
Send a message via AIM to rhill4455 Send a message via Yahoo to rhill4455
Thanks for sharing!

October 12th, 2009, 08:08 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to countryjewelsc
Thanks for sharing! it sounds like your little man is doing great and will be home very soon!

www.facebook.com/babylovecustoms, specializing in custom embroidery for children.

Make a pregnancy ticker
October 12th, 2009, 08:57 AM
~*Kel*~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to ~*Kel*~
Thanks for sharing your story! You did wonderful making it so long with no meds!! That is truly something to be proud of. It sounds like Jaxon is a little spit fire already and it also sounds as if he is doing very well!

October 12th, 2009, 10:07 AM
Platinum Supermommy
What a great story! Thanks for sharing. You did fabulous making it that far with no meds!!

Thanks to Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for this beautiful sig!

October 12th, 2009, 10:43 AM
Super Mommy
I love reading these. Im glad he is doing well! Good luck on your recovery!

Thank you so much HarleighJanes.Mama for my perfectly perfect siggy!!!

October 12th, 2009, 03:14 PM
*Luv my kids*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to *Luv my kids* Send a message via Yahoo to *Luv my kids*
Thank you for sharing! I am so glad he is doing so well! And such a great day to be born on! (that is my birthday too lol) Hope you heal fast!

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

October 13th, 2009, 01:20 AM
proudmomtoEthan's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to proudmomtoEthan
Thank you for sharing! Sounds like everything worked out and you have a handsome little man there!
October 13th, 2009, 05:47 AM
EOD_wife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thank you for sharing with us! He is such a handsome little man!!

October 13th, 2009, 04:05 PM
jackkey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
CONGRATS!!!!!!! He is so cute!!!! Gald everything is good

Thank you Babydoll 213 for the great siggie!

October 13th, 2009, 04:58 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations Jessie. I am very happy for you and your husband. Welcome to the world Jaxon.

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

October 14th, 2009, 06:44 PM
AmandaR
He's adorable!!
October 16th, 2009, 05:58 PM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Popping in...

Congratulations again on your son, Jessie! He's ADORABLE and what a little stinker... pulling out his tubes and stuff! Glad to hear your overall birthing experience sounds pretty positive... and way to go making it so long without any pain meds!

October 17th, 2009, 11:17 AM
Jenilope's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jenilope
Congratulations--he's so handsome!

And what a great weight for an early guy. I'm glad to hear he's so strong and doing well. What a little personality he has already pulling on his tubes--he's a fighter!

Mom to four beautiful girls

Matilda (6), Evelyn (4), Adelaide (2), Cecily (11 months)

October 17th, 2009, 11:43 PM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
Congrats mama

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search