Brandon Alexander's birth story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 15th, 2009, 06:26 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So my contractions started Thursday night into Friday morning. But weren't really consistent.

I went Friday for my NST test and the doctor checked me and I was 2cm, 80% effaced and 0 station. She said she expected to see me before the weekend was over. I told her I was holding her to her word.

Well Saturday they were coming only once an hour, so I didn't think it was going to happen this weekend. So Breana and Brandon (DH) went around the block 4 times and I ate 2 mild wings.

Then the contractions started to come every half hour around 5pm on Saturday night still didn't think it was going to happen. Then they started coming every 15 minutes. By the time I got to bed around 11 they were coming really strong between 5-7 minutes apart but really got no break from them. They just weaker in strength.

Finally around 2am DH woke up and said do I need to get dressed and head in. I told him we needed to call first. So he did I couldn't. They said to come in and get checked.

So we got up and ready and was at the hospital at 2:30am poor Breana by then was wide awake!!

The Doctor checked me and I was between 4-5 cm and 90% effaced. SO they gave me the drugs for the Strep B+ and she asked me if I was going to do any drugs and I said I plan not to. She said just let her know if I change my mind.

By 4am I was 6CM and then it seemed like Brandon took a nap cause my labor slowed down. Then I had to go to the bathroom around 8am and when I came back into bed my water broke and it went way fast from there.

The nurse had to check me for the cord cause the baby's heartbeat dropped and didn't come back up right away. Talk about painful she did that all while I was contracting. I got really upset and so did Breana. That was the only time that she got upset. She kept asking if I was alright. Then she sat with me rubbing my belly and my face. IT was so cute.

Then the doctor checked me and I was 8cm. Then I felt like I had to push but I still had some cervix around his head so we waited a little. By this time my mom had taken Breana out of the room.

So when it was finally ready to push I only pushed for 15 minutes and out he came!!!

I didn't need stitches at all. The doctor said I tore a little but it wasn't bleeding and the skin already flapped over but it was up to me if I wanted the stitches. She said if I didn't get stitched it could burn when I urinate I didn't want that so she gave me 2 stitches.

Brandon Alexander arrived at 9:02am after only 7 1/2 hours of labor. Weighing in at 7lbs 10 oz. 21 1/4 inches long.

He has a hip diplacia so he has to wear a sling for 6 weeks constant and 6 weeks partial.

The pediatric ortho said he has over a 90% chance of having a full complete working hip like nothing happened.

I will post pictures soon!!

Oh I went drug free!!

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

October 15th, 2009, 09:13 AM
Snowpeas
Congratulations! Sounds like you had a great experience!

Sorry to hear about his little hips but glad he will make a full recovery.
October 16th, 2009, 08:18 AM
TulipDawn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TulipDawn
congrats - can't wait to see pictures!
October 16th, 2009, 02:29 PM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
Congratulations! I hope his hips heal completely!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search