Sophie Joyce is Here!!!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 17th, 2009, 06:04 AM
Veteran
My original due date was October 15th 2009 --- I ended up with a scheduled c-section on October 8th 2009. Everything went well with the c-section -- this was my second section so I was a bit more nervous because I knew what to expect but everything went well and it was over with really quick --- Sophie was born at 11:12 am she was 8lbs 5ozs but she was filled with tons of fluid -- my DH and I were a bit nervous when the first pulled her out because she wasn't really crying but that was because they had to suction her a bit longer to get out all of her fluid.

I was only in recovery for a bout 2 hours and then was taken up to my room. While in recovery they allowed Ella to come down to meet her baby sister ---- that was a very emotional moment for me -- just seeing Ella in awww of her sister -- I tried not to cry because I didn't want to scare her. But I will cherish that moment forever!

I stayed 5 days in the hospital -- in on Thursday out on Monday --- I ended up with a hormonal migraine they called it Saturday night -- it was the worst pain I had ever felt --- I just kept putting ice packs on my head -- nothing was takening it away -- I would take the motrin and Tyenol with codeine and nothing would take it away --- it was awful -- but eventually it went away and after a bit I felt better.

Sophie lost over 11% of her body weight in the hospital -- but she is def gaining since we have been home -- she was a bit jaundice too but that seems to have gone away --- Otherwise I think she is perfect!!!

Nursing was going pretty well in the hospital -- I just couldn't get her to latch on my left side so I would just pump that side -- but since we have been home she has latched onto the left side -- I am nursing her mostly during the day and pumping and then supplementing at night with formula --- it seems to be working for us so far -- I am going to a breast feeding support group today at the local hospital just to ask some questions since I am new to this whole breastfeeding --- I'm not sure when my supply will increase -- types of foods to eat -- things of that nature --

DH was home with me all week and that was nice -- but he goes back to work on Monday --- my mom is coming up today to visit with us for a week -- I'm excited to have her here --- her and I have a shopping date on Sunday and I am so looking forward to getting out of the house for a bit since I've been in the house all week long!!!!!

I wanted to say congrats to all the mamma's who have had their babies -- and to those mamas who are waiting --- Goodluck!!!!!!!!!
October 17th, 2009, 10:04 AM
TulipDawn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TulipDawn
Congrats - can't wait to see pictures!
October 17th, 2009, 05:20 PM
Sally5's Avatar Exhausted Mommy!
Lurking...Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!

~~~~~~
October 20th, 2009, 04:19 PM
Snowpeas
Sorry about the migraine but so glad everything else is going so well.

Congratulations!!
October 25th, 2009, 02:13 PM
CohensMommy's Avatar Super Mommy
Congrats on your baby girl!!! Glad to hear things are getting better after the rough start. If you need some advice on BF'ing feel free to PM me. I went through every obsticle possible with DS and so far nursing DD has been a dream, easy peasy! I personally found that supplementing with formula ended up decreasing my supply, so I stopped that and it helped! If she's gaining without supplementing then there's no need for it. Good luck and congrats again!!

xo

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search