Araceli birth story lots of pics

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 21st, 2009, 10:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Araceli Born 10/12/09
@ 8:02
Weighing 6lbs 8oz

Ok so ill go ahead and start witht the day before Sunday 10/11/09 we were at home doing a bunch of nothing I spent all my time on Jm reading birth story and watching tv pretty much a normal day , the whole entire week i had been nesting like crazy cleaning , organizing and wishing and hoping baby would come sometime. Unfortunley that did not happen and there i was 39 weeks pregnant and no baby and no energy to do nothing. Later on that night i decided to get off my butt and force my self to clean hoping that maybe that would cause some contractions anything labor related and nothing, So dh and i decided to watch a movie and as I set there i notice i was having contractions a first since being pregnant and they were very spaced out I tried not to think anything of it because i didnt want to get excited over nothing so we watched the movie and I told Dh we MUST DTD tonight , i didnt tell him i was having contractions, i didnt want to jinx it. So there we are dtd and im still feeling contractions (YES I kept thinking to myself!) and after the deed is done they went away DARN OH WELL.

So we go to sleep and 2hrs later at 2:30 am i wake up in a dazed feeling contractions I honeslty was soo sleepy i thought i was dreaming the contraction! Still in dazed I lay there wondering is this Real! so i finally realize that It is and so I lay there feeling the contractions come and go but i still thought nothing of it. Then i realize that they were coming stronger , ok this is good and so i decided to start timing them and they were coming 5, 10, mins apart and then closer in to 2-5mins apart but hardley painful. I nudge dh and told him i was having contractions and told him to go back to sleep. at 5am the contractions started toget stronger and i wake dh up and tell him maybe we should call and see what they say. But he wanted me to waited it out.

So I decided to go to the living room and read my book what to expect when expecting on active labor and time the contractions. By 6:30am dh gets up and starts getting ready for work. I treid to convice him to call in but he had 3 classes he was going to speak to and didnt want to break that commitment to them. (he is a navy recruiter) I also started to get ds overnight bag ready for just in case.

That morning i had my 39th wk appt at 10 am 40min away. Dh decided he would go in and speak to one class and then come home and go to the apt with me. so he leaves and comes home 10mins later , the school counsler was nice enough to cancel his classes and let him come home after he explain to her he would only speak to one class since he thinks i migh be in active labor.

9am we get ready for our apt and head out , so we get there and wait for doctor to come he finnaly gets there and i explain to him that i had been having contractions all night and they stopped around 8am so he checks me and baby is really low and im 4cm , i was really hoping to be 5 or 6 cm but oh well . so he finshes checking me and tells me that it will be soon maybe next couple of days. He then he ask us where we lived we explain that we live 40mins away so he then surprised us and said he was going to admit me bc he does no think we will make it on time. I look at dh with my mouth open wide in shock , i couldnt believe i was going to have a baby!

11am We get to the hospital with all my bags and get admitted to labor and delivery i still couldnt believe we were going to have a baby that day. we get to our room and they have me change into the the hospital robe at this point it is hitting me that i will be holding my baby girl later that night.

Once i got the robe on and got myself into the bed a nurse came in and had my ivy started, she then ask me if i was going to be recieving the epideral i told her no i plan on having a natural childbirth she then proceeded to ask me other question and ask me 3more times if i wanted the epideral i told her no , my husband found this kind of odd so did I.

At around 2pm the doctor comes in and breaks my water , i really thought it was going to hurt but it just felt like i peed forever! At this point im thinking ok i should be getting contractions now that my water has been broken. Hours later i have yet to feel a contractions , the doc comes in and check and i was 5cm great i thought it would go by fast i was a lil dissapointed.

3pm the start the pit and start to up it every 30mins i was still not feeling any contractions.

4pm the up the pit and i start to feel contractions but they are real spaced out i get checked again and i dialted to a 6cm. I started to have the feeling that i probley should of not been admitted but at this point there was nothing i could do about it. By the look of the docs i was not progressing as they thought.

Fast foward to around 6pm contractions are coming and Im dialated to a 6-7cm. I was getting a lil furstrated i thought by 6pm i would be holding my babygirl.

At around 7pm my family comes and visit and at this time i notice contractions were coming pretty close together and they wee getting a lil painful and i was having trouble concetrating on them so my family decided to leave the room , thank god cause i really thought i was going to curse them out!

7:30pm Nurse comes in checks me still a 7cm and the contractions were getting pretty painful that i decided to go ahead and get the epi even though i was determined to do it with out it so i tell the dh im going to go ahead and get it , even though he didnt want me to he said if that what i want then go ahead, so the nurse came in and she tells me that it will be about 30mins before i could get it at this point my contraction are just out of control and pretty painful i felt like i coudlnt do it .

The nurse then leaves and tells me to call if i feel like i need to push a few mins later i start to feel baby move down and in my head i already knew that i was not going to get the epideral which was fine with me since it was my original birthplan. and i couldnt do anything about it at this point.

7:45 i tell hubby to call nurse in because i need to push and i was having a hard time holding back the urge was so strong , finally the nurse comes in and checks me , i kept telling her i did not want her to touch me it felt like every lil touch just made it worse. but she said she needed to check me and sure enough she was right there.

So in a hurry 2 nurses comes in and start to prep for the delivery. At this point im litterly holding on to the rails of the bed trying to fight the urge to push as we were waiting for the docotor to come in. As we waited the two nurses just stood there carrying a converstation like nothing , i wanted to scream at them so bad to shut up as i couldnt concentrait on me not pushing .

8Pm Finally the docotor comes in and said ok when you are ready to push , push so i start to push and at the next urge i can start to feel t "the ring of fire" and in my my head i thought ok this isnt too too bad right when her head was about to pop out i couldnt hold my breath and i let it out and in went her head so then again i push and she was out 2mins later at 8:02 My husband was soo proud of me and it was just amazing to be able to actually feel my baby girl be born. she looked just like her brother whenhe was born.

Araceli is doing great she is breastfeeding like a champ. Her big brother has adjusted very well as if she has always been with us. My recovery has been super fast , i was up and going by day 2 and feel like my old self now. I def think not having an epi has made my recovery fast so for those mamas who are still debating an epi i would say go natural it is so worth the pain. And the best part you get to feel your baby be born into the world. It was just amazing.

Me with ds

Hubby and ds

Just had baby girl

Mommy and Araceli having skin to skin contact

daddy and baby

Aunt lisa and baby and me in back chekcin out my boob

Big brother Jovanni

Going home with my two babies

she loves her bobby
Our lil Mystery baby

October 21st, 2009, 11:40 AM
TulipDawn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TulipDawn
congrats shes beautiful!
October 21st, 2009, 01:55 PM
Congratulations!! Glad you had such a great experience!
October 25th, 2009, 03:09 PM
CohensMommy's Avatar Super Mommy
Congrats on no pain meds! I agree it really makes the recovery that much easier!!!
Your little girl is beautiful!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search