Adalyn Rose's Super Fast Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 23rd, 2009, 09:30 PM
AllMyBlessings's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
A little background: With my first three children, I was blessed with fast, and easy labors and deliveries. My last ds, was a different story. His delivery traumatized me both physically and emotionally (so much so that for the first time in my life, I was afraid to give birth again)...... I needn't have worried. Adalyn's labor and delivery ended up being a pleasant surprise.

My Birth Story:
On October 08, at 1:45, I had my 39.4 week appointment (I feel I must mention that at that point I was more pregnant than I had ever been, and this was #5....go figure ). At that appointment, I learned that I was no more dilated (2-3 cm), or effaced (50%), than I had been at my first cervical check at 37.3 weeks. I was beginning to think that my little one was never coming out, and that my prediction of her being born on 10/09 was just wishful thinking. In fact, my Dr and I were already talking about induction. Even though I was GBS+, she agreed not to induce until I hit 41 weeks...Thankfully, that didn't happen.
At 5:00 that day, we left for work, and didn't return home until approx. 12:30 am. I was in bed by 2:00 am.

4:30am My husband, who hadn't been to bed yet, woke me up to tell me that there was a line of severe storms, and tornados) coming through our area, and that we may have to get the children up and take them downstairs. I told him to just keep watching, and let me know. About 20 minutes later he lets me know we're in the clear, and he comes to bed. He's out like a light minutes later. It's around this time that I notice I'm having extremely mild contractions. They were so mild, that I could have slept through them (would have if I had not been woken up). BUT, they were so close together (3-5 min) that I thought "this might be it!"
5:45am So, after watching them for close to an hour, I wake my dh up to tell him that today may be baby day, and that I'm going in the shower to see if my contractions stop. I also tell him that based on the mildness of my contractions, I don't expect baby to be here until around 11:00-12:00 in the afternoon. "So", I say, "you can sleep for another hour, or so, if you want." To which he replies, "You can't tell me something like that and then expect me to sleep!" So, dh gets up, gets our hospital stuff together, and calls my mom while I'm in the shower. My mom calls me after I get out, we talk for a few minutes, and she tells me she's going to come on to the house after she gets dressed.
Around 6:25am My mom arrives at our house. I'm still not hurting, at all, my contractions are still extremely mild (I could still sleep through them) so I tell her I'm not ready to go to the hospital yet. She knows my history of fast labors, so she finally convinces me to go when she reminds me that I'm GBS+, and that I need antibiotics before delivering. So, in the pouring rain, we pack up our truck to head to the hospital.
6:40 am: On our way to the hospital, I time my contractions (using Contraction Master) on dh's Iphone. They are coming every three minutes, but are still painless.
6:51 am: We pull into the hospital parking lot, and dh drops me off at the door since it's raining. I go to the registration desk, and fill out all necessary papers. Mom, dh, dd, and youngest ds (two oldest ds's had spent the night with my mom and dad) meet me at the desk. My mom starts telling the lady at the desk how I have fast labors, and la di da......I inform her, once again, that this baby will not be here until later today. I tell the lady that the ONLY reason I'm here now is because I'm GBS+, and I need antibiotics. So, the lady asks if I need a wheelchair to be wheeled up to L&D. I tell her "No,I'm in no pain, so I'll walk."
Around 6:55 am: I walk about 200 ft. and my water breaks. I then decide I would like a wheelchair because I don't want to be walking around with fluid running down my legs. My contractions still do not hurt, and I'm still laughing and talking with everyone.
We ride the elevator up to L&D. Once there, the nurses inform me that anyone under 18 is not allowed in the room due to the flu. So, my mom takes my dd, and ds to go find the family waiting room. My dh, and I follow my nurse into my room. She gives me my gown, and I go into the restroom to change into it (and relieve my bladder). As I was peeing, I looked down, and noticed I was losing what was left of my plug. I then start changing into my gown. It was at this point I finally felt pain, and it felt like lots of pressure. I walk out, and when I get to the bed, I can't get into it. Finally, I lay down, and the nurse puts the monitor on my belly. I then tell her, very calmly, "I think you need to check me, NOW." She walks around, checks me, says, "You DO do this fast, don't you?!?!,pushes the button on my bed, and calls for my Dr. My Dr., who thankfully had just walked to the nurses station to start her morning rounds, walks in my room, puts on gloves, and sits on my bed. I push two times.
7:03 am Adalyn Rose entered the world weighing 7 lbs. 15 ozs, and 20 inches long. And, it was 10/09....the day I predicted.

Needless to say, there was no time for an IV, or antibiotics. So, Adalyn's pedi. did a CBC, and a blood culture, and so far everything is great with her. As for me, I had to have a shot of Pitocin, and one stitch, but honestly, my delivery was so fast, and easy that I really haven't even felt like I just had a baby (not even right after). I feel like I had a fairytale labor and delivery. It was perfect, and nearly painless. And, I'm loving being a mommy again.

Leaving for the hosptial:

Just born:

All 5 kiddos

4 days old

9 days old

15 days old

Mommy & her girls (boys were sleeping )

Sorry for the pic overload.

Last edited by AllMyBlessings; October 24th, 2009 at 11:11 PM. Reason: Add pics
October 24th, 2009, 12:15 AM
TulipDawn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TulipDawn
Congrats! I love the name!

I love fast labors - I have also been blessed w/ super fast labors(with Peyton 2-10cm in about 3 hours - 4cm-10cm in 15-20min)...i think that helps w/ recovery...
October 25th, 2009, 11:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
wow that was pretty fast! congrats!

October 25th, 2009, 01:54 PM
CohensMommy's Avatar Super Mommy
my goodness that was fast!! congrats, you have a beautiful family!!

xo
October 26th, 2009, 03:18 PM
Snowpeas
Wow, what a great experience! Thank goodness you went in when you did or you might have had a homebirth. lol

She is a doll - so cute! Love the picture of all your kids and you look great!
October 27th, 2009, 10:00 PM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
That sounds like a dream labor and delivery! I'm glad everything went so well. She and all of your kids are beautiful!

October 28th, 2009, 06:01 PM
** Tay **'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
glad it was so fast for you!! She is absolutly beautiful!

November 1st, 2009, 12:06 PM
*Hayley*
Fast is an understatement You have a beautiful family! Congrats

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search