Miles Ganon's Birth Stroy

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 24th, 2009, 07:49 AM
Miles' Mommy's Avatar Happy 1st time mom
Send a message via AIM to Miles' Mommy Send a message via Yahoo to Miles' Mommy
On Friday September 25th I went for my weekly check up. My BP was high and they found protein in my urine. The doctor sent me to the hospital to be monitored. I called my husband to meet me at the hospital. Once we were there they started talking about inducing me. We said no, that we wanted to do the tests and see what the results were first. So after being monitored for two hours my BP went way down and they only found a trace of protein in my urine plus my blood work came back fine. They called my doctor and they agreed to release me, but I had to come back for stress test and see my doctor that Monday.
I went in for my stress test and the baby was doing great and went in to see my doctor that Monday. She did a full check and said I was almost 4cm dilated an my Midwife said that if I didnít go into labor on my own by Monday Oct 5th I would need to show up at 6am to be induced.
That whole week I tried everything I could think of to naturally induce labor, walking, sex, spicy food, and cleaning and noting. Before we knew it Oct 5th was here. We got up at 4:30am and got ready to head to the hospital. Once we got to the hospital they had everything ready for us. I got changed into that oh so sexy gown and hooked up to the monitors and IV. Around 9:00am they started the Pitocin and things were going pretty good. I was handling the pain quite well until around 12am when I started to have horrible pain in my hips. I asked to get up and move around which started to help, but since I was on Pitocin had to be monitored the whole time and they could not find the babies heart beat when I was up and about. They had me get back in bed and I asked to have Newbain. They said that I would have to have NICU come and check the baby if he was born within 2hours of being given Newbain. Once I got the Newbain I no longer cared about the pain, I was able to relax and deal with the pain. My husband said my mood completely changed and he could see my facial expression relax.
After getting the Newbain things started to progress very fast. Around 1pm I had the urge to push they checked me and I was 9cm. They called my Midwife to come to the hospital. By 1:15pm I started pushing and at 1:43pm he was born. During the pushing I had to stop since my babyís umbilical cord was wrapped around his neck and arm and his heart rate slowed down. They got him untangled and after 4 more pushes he was out and came out fast. So fast that some amniotic fluid flew out and hit one of the nurses and the Midwife. He was purple and didnít make much noise for a few seconds. When they put him on my chest he was fusing but not crying until they took him a few seconds later to check him. NICU was called because of the Newbain and because he was purple. They rated him an 8-9 on the apgar scale and he was 8.4lbs and 21inches long. I had a second-degree tare and had to get stitches.
After we were both all cleaned up and fixed up we got to have kangaroo care. It was great to have time with just me Miles and dad. It was an amazing experience. I was a little disappointed that I wasnít able to go through labor with noting, but the nurses were impressed that I didnít get an epidural. One even said that I acted like a lady who had an epi and that my pain tolerance is really high because the contractions were pretty intense. That made me feel pretty good. We stayed in the hospital for two nights and got to come home that Wednesday morning. It's been nice being home with Miles and watching him grow.

Miles Ganon 10/5/09

Miles Ganon 2weeks old

October 24th, 2009, 09:11 AM
TulipDawn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TulipDawn
Congrats on your little man!!!!
October 25th, 2009, 02:02 PM
CohensMommy's Avatar Super Mommy
Soooo cute :] Congrats!!!

xo
October 26th, 2009, 03:31 PM
Snowpeas
Congratulations - he's so cute!

Our little men were born the same day!
November 1st, 2009, 12:10 PM
*Hayley*
way to go with no epidural! i don't how you ladies to it. congrats to you and your family

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search